Forums

Old Forums Being Removed

Hime

11 hours ago, modnar said:

You'll be able to view it once I've completed it, I'm just ironing out a few issues, as I seem to of copied a couple of posts one too many times so having to parse the database. It's working though, I just need to fix the duplicate posts. I'll keep you all posted.

For heaven's sake, give this man a medal! What a hero! Thank you so much for preserving this piece of gaming-history! Only view ppl may understand, but going through old posts from the eraly beginning and reading messages from small clans that today rule over all is just wonderful. Give it a try and see how it all started. 

@NCSoft @Hime: deleting forums means burning books. Check german history to see where that leads to. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As promised:

L2 Archive Forums

Please let me know if there's any errors. If for some reason in the future I am unable to maintain this, I will happily pass on the database and framework. Please note, there is no personal information kept on here. The only thing I have available is the username, dates and the posts/threads.

I haven't added the feature, but I could create it so you can view a user profile, to find posts/threads. If this is something there is interest in, I will put something together.

Looks like it's just in time, as the old forums have now been taken offline.

2 hours ago, modnar said:

As promised:

L2 Archive Forums

Please let me know if there's any errors. If for some reason in the future I am unable to maintain this, I will happily pass on the database and framework. Please note, there is no personal information kept on here. The only thing I have available is the username, dates and the posts/threads.

I haven't added the feature, but I could create it so you can view a user profile, to find posts/threads. If this is something there is interest in, I will put something together.

You are a god send!! Thank you so VERY much for doing this modnar and preserving our L2 history. Someone give this man a medal!!! <3

This is awesome, thanks!

As promised:

L2 Archive Forums

As promised:

L2 Archive Forums

Hero!

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for all the nice comments, it makes a change to see them on here. It actually also makes my time feel worthwhile that I spent making this happen.

I've had a couple of requests regarding downloading it, but I'll just leave this for anyone else who may have the question in future:
  - I don't plan on making a download option, it would be far too hungry on resources for one. Secondly, the final size would probably be rather large (2GB+?).
  - I plan on keeping this online, and not changing the URL at any time.
     - Let's say x decides to make a copy, uploads it and shares a link. If for some reason in the future it goes down and never returns, that's a dead link floating about.
  - IF for some reason I can no longer maintain this, I will ask the community for someone to take it over.
  - I don't want to provide any copies, for someone to put malicious content in. I trust myself, I spent my time on this.

I hope you can respect that. If there's anything you feel is missing that you need, please ask me and I'll do my best to accommodate your request.

This was something I never really thought about.

8 hours ago, TuckTuck said:

deleting forums means burning books. Check german history to see where that leads to. 

Archived