Server Maintenance: Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Hime

17 minutes ago, Pleistoros said:

It was about normal fish stews, those we are talking about were gained from payed events....you cant ask money to gamble and then delete items w/o notice, without a proper high value compensation.
How about next mentenance they delete dragon weapon fragments?
@mixa

No, it was about all Fish Stews, the red ones and the Cream/Chilli ones. You could get the latter from Clan Hall NPCs and they were scheduled to be removed one month after the update as a consequence of the changes to the Fishing System. Mixa is right, the deletion yesterday was working as intended.

The problem is, this was known since July. Therefore I wrote on July 6 in bold letters that NCWest should remove L2Store items that were going to be deleted right now, i.e. in July:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/1987-items-removed-on-the-next-update/?tab=comments#comment-15582

Neutron refused to do what I said, so now he has to live with the consequences.

By the way, I am fully in favor of deleting Dragon Weapon Fragments. In fact I would advocate to wipe the servers at irregular intervals as a means to combat botting and RMT. This would drive home the pointlessness of accumulating material wealth, crime would be punished, and those who never bought any NCoins or adena can consider themselves as martyrs for the good cause. Happiness all around :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Yidao said:

No, it was about all Fish Stews, the red ones and the Cream/Chilli ones. You could get the latter from Clan Hall NPCs and they were scheduled to be removed one month after the update as a consequence of the changes to the Fishing System. Mixa is right, the deletion yesterday was working as intended.

The problem is, this was known since July. Therefore I wrote on July 6 in bold letters that NCWest should remove L2Store items that were going to be deleted right now, i.e. in July:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/1987-items-removed-on-the-next-update/?tab=comments#comment-15582

Neutron refused to do what I said, so now he has to live with the consequences.

By the way, I am fully in favor of deleting Dragon Weapon Fragments. In fact I would advocate to wipe the servers at irregular intervals as a means to combat botting and RMT. This would drive home the pointlessness of accumulating material wealth, crime would be punished, and those who never bought any NCoins or adena can consider themselves as martyrs for the good cause. Happiness all around :)

Who said was work as intended? From where you get that standard?
Dont you remember NcSoft West have a different business model and they dont do or receive things like other territories do?

I want nothing less but restore all my items...they should do that asap.
Ps: lets be honest, new fish stews sux big time..much more expensive less powerful.
@Neutron Dont know why your devs keep give us unnecesary effects like atack speed..wth, we have max atack speed/casting speed since atleast 3 or 4 years ago.

26 minutes ago, Pleistoros said:

Who said was work as intended? From where you get that standard?
@Neutron

Because, as DIL, Neutron's counterpart at Innova, explained on Rochand at the time, this is a global deletion script which was sent out to all overseas territories. The Fishing System got changed in all territories, therefore the old Stews get deleted in all territories :P

That being said, I don't see why the old Stews need to be corroded resp. deleted at all. There is no way to obtain them any more, so the existing ones will be used up sooner or later anyway, they will be naturally gone without all this upset. Therefore I also see no reason why the Stews which were deleted yesterday should not be restored :)

19 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

I almost like you @Hime...but all my Cream Fish are gone and now im pissed off.
Cream Fish were rewards from events where i payed real money to get ncoin to buy your promo...and you, what you do...just delete them. WTH?????

there was a very long list of items in the patch notes of items that would be deleted one month after the update.  included in that very long list were the fish stews, normal, AND the chili and cream stews.  Also included in that very long list were zodiac agathions faint, 15-day and 30-day, the ones that had the 4 teleports on them.  Zodiac agathions had to be converted to the zodiac agathions with skills that could be upgraded.  it was a pretty extensive list of items, although had i not been given a link to the page with the changes i wouldn't have known either.  i didn't see it anywhere in the forum.  so while the information was "available" it was not posted where it was easily found.  good job, ncsoft.

EDIT:  I looked and found the link that has the long list of items.  Hope this helps.  https://b.l2wiki.com/180221_removal#Items%20(within%20a%20month)

8 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

It was about normal fish stews, those we are talking about were gained from payed events....you cant ask money to gamble and then delete items w/o notice, without a proper high value compensation.
How about next mentenance they delete dragon weapon fragments?
Ps: I dont think innova had cream and chilli stews.

As always @mixa troll us :))...ofc it wasnt intended.

Nope, I’m dead serious

all these details were communicated upfront in an early phase by other players as Yidao has said so none of this comes as a real surprise and as you can tell by the latest post from their newest community member whippleshuffle this was not an intended change for this weeks Maintenance so just a classic ninja change that NCWest wasn't aware off - ofc you can argue that in itself is a bad thing yeah but at least they confirmed it was a mistake & that they are going to fix aka undo the deletion of those items.

like the old Life Stones and many other old items as Yidao mentioned it's just easier to keep them ingame then to incur upset customers by deleting items that were paid for by either time / money - none of those items were game breaking and eventually the existing supply will run dry anyways

3 hours ago, Itchy said:

there was a very long list of items in the patch notes of items that would be deleted one month after the update.  included in that very long list were the fish stews, normal, AND the chili and cream stews.  Also included in that very long list were zodiac agathions faint, 15-day and 30-day, the ones that had the 4 teleports on them.  Zodiac agathions had to be converted to the zodiac agathions with skills that could be upgraded.  it was a pretty extensive list of items, although had i not been given a link to the page with the changes i wouldn't have known either.  i didn't see it anywhere in the forum.  so while the information was "available" it was not posted where it was easily found.  good job, ncsoft.

EDIT:  I looked and found the link that has the long list of items.  Hope this helps.  https://b.l2wiki.com/180221_removal#Items%20(within%20a%20month)

Dude, That list is from Innova..not from NcSoft. Ironic i said before they have other politic, other business model etc. So its not reliable source of information.

8 hours ago, Yidao said:

Because, as DIL, Neutron's counterpart at Innova, explained on Rochand at the time, this is a global deletion script which was sent out to all overseas territories. The Fishing System got changed in all territories, therefore the old Stews get deleted in all territories :P

That being said, I don't see why the old Stews need to be corroded resp. deleted at all. There is no way to obtain them any more, so the existing ones will be used up sooner or later anyway, they will be naturally gone without all this upset. Therefore I also see no reason why the Stews which were deleted yesterday should not be restored :)

I know Yidao....I folow Eu forum and your Rochand(when was up)...I just act like they explain us many times: NcSoft have diferent business model, diferent items, diferent prices,diferent everything. So as long as Dumb and Dumber wont tell me otherwise I ask my rights for real money payed to gamble for those garbage stews. Imagine you pay to get some good items and instead of that you get garbage stew and after a while they decided to dele that garbage...I mean seriously? What kind  of company do that? What kind of business is this? You ppl arent you afraid for tomorow? they could delete any item without prior anouncement.

1 hour ago, Draecke said:

all these details were communicated upfront in an early phase by other players as Yidao has said so none of this comes as a real surprise and as you can tell by the latest post from their newest community member whippleshuffle this was not an intended change for this weeks Maintenance so just a classic ninja change that NCWest wasn't aware off - ofc you can argue that in itself is a bad thing yeah but at least they confirmed it was a mistake & that they are going to fix aka undo the deletion of those items.

like the old Life Stones and many other old items as Yidao mentioned it's just easier to keep them ingame then to incur upset customers by deleting items that were paid for by either time / money - none of those items were game breaking and eventually the existing supply will run dry anyways

Who is @whippleshuffle? Finally @Conguero had a breakdown and left? @Neutron still here? :D:D:D

Btw new guy, you should say 'Hello'first! Welcome to our charming comunity :x:x:x peace&love everybody

@Neutron,

Considering the failed attempts at deploying XIGNCODE and the ninja deleting of our Chili Stews without fair warning (when these were paid items).

I have a solution alot of us would probably be ok with, What about extending the event another month? That way everyone can cycle through the rewards twice? With the new update, everyone is constantly XPing.

Catbuff and Attendance would be excellent for another month.

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Tamlin said:

@Neutron,

Considering the failed attempts at deploying XIGNCODE and the ninja deleting of our Chili Stews without fair warning (when these were paid items).

I have a solution alot of us would probably be ok with, What about extending the event another month? That way everyone can cycle through the rewards twice? With the new update, everyone is constantly XPing.

Catbuff and Attendance would be excellent for another month.

Thanks!

I have seen more public groups for xp then I have seen since the launch of GoD.

At least the attendance rewards should be permanent. This was an amazing idea and it really treats the players and gives them motivation to login and hit some stuff other then dailies. @Neutron @Hime @Conguero please someone talk to someone and see if the attendance rewards can be a permanent feature in our build. I think this is a missed opportunity to keep players interested if this goes away.

The rewards could easily change each month on the 1st of each month.

On 2018. 09. 19. at 12:34 AM, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 1200 GMT and ending at approximately 7:00am PDT / 9:00am CDT / 10:00am EDT / 1400 GMT. Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Red Libra event items, weapons, and quests will be removed.
  • Fixed the location of Hunting Zone names on the world map to prevent overlapping with icons or other texts.
  • Fixed an issue where the PC Points coupon was still being rewarded in the Adventure Guild’s Supply Box
  • Fixed an issue where Fortress NPCs gave less XP/SP during fortress battles.        
  • Fixed a localization issue where monster names and titles had invalid error messages.
  • Fixed an issue where fishing baits were being consumed incorrectly from the inventory if a character did not equip them and tried to fish again.
  • Fixed an issue where several Raid Bosses nearby the Town of Rune were shown as Gludio raid bosses in the World Map.
  • Fixed an issue where the augment skill, Giant's Silence, did not work correctly against Hell Binding & Mass Hell Binding.
  • Fixed an issue where the Flag was missing in Valley Fortress.
  • The Eva's Gift Box NPC will no longer spawn below Parnassus.
  • The visual appearance of the inventory UI has been updated:
    • Inventory tabs will now have different item icons instead of text. 
    • Hovering over the icon will display a tooltip and highlight the inventory tab.

Other updates and reminders:

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.

where is my old stews? you guys delete every1 stew without saying it.

• L2 Team
7 hours ago, Draecke said:

The old fishing items were originally intended to be deleted with our Etina's Fate update as you and Yidao mentioned earlier in the year, but we had requested to the Dev team to keep them in-game since we recently ran the Heine Fishing Expedition promotion. We were unaware that they gave us 4 weeks instead of 6-8 months, so that is why they were accidentally deleted during the maintenance.

2 hours ago, KissMyKnife said:

where is my old stews? you guys delete every1 stew without saying it.

We plan to re-insert the Fish Chili Stews and the Fish Cream Stews during the maintenance next week.

Thank you Juji. By the way fish cream stews and chilli stews are still in game you just have to open embryo reward boxes. So for all those screaming that the deletion was intended, simply put you are/were wrong. If you can still get the deleted item in game then the ninja delete was not planned. Maybe do a little fishing and check things out before asserting that you right when you obviously know nothing about fishing. The 1st thing I did when I saw my creams and chillis were deleted was open some embryo boxes and behold, more creams and chillis. So I figured it out, that three was a mistake made, in 10 minutes after I logged in Wednesday.

Moral of the story, before running you fingers for 2 pages here about how people with stews are wrong and that the items were supposed to be deleted, try some things in game to make sure what you are spouting is correct. 

• Hime unpinned this topic

Archived