[News] Lineage II Classic Server Launching October 3

Hime

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spriggan said:

I am not concerned about the L2 store. I will spend money only if I want to. My biggest concern is the economy. Will it be impossible to get the good gear like it has been all these years and seeing the end game raid bosses. 

I'm hoping for a Play2Win, not a Pay2Win.....like the current version

Somebody that has played this on other versions, did mobs "leash"? or can you pull giant AOE trains like back then?

If no ability to do "trains" like before, then I can't see how this will survive for anyone that can't play 12+ hours a day.

1 hour ago, Devoid said:

It's not targeting any Chronicle. Current client is named "Seven Signs", so you would think it is C3-ish, especially since the world map does not have Rune/FI.

There are various C2 features missing, various C3 features missing, various GoD+ features available. There's also the Olympiad, though not as it was in C4, but rather as it is in current LIVE. There's also herbs (dubbed 'energies' now), even though that's kinda a C5 feature.

However, there are augmentations (Interlude feature), including hair accessory (with +1/+1 base stats), items with enchant effects (uhh.. Freya?), custom SA system based on compound (not Chronicle nor current LIVE), enchantable pendants (with subslots) instead of shirts, seed bracelets with charm slots (Grand Crusade/Salvation feature), bracelets with talismans (Interlude feature), though the talismans are more like current LIVE).

Sieges/Castles are Light/Dark (was it a Tauti feature?.. whatever). No manor, no Seals and Dusk/Dawn effects, no customizable tax rate, no castle blacksmith.

brooches too, see the first ten seconds of this video. they might come sooner or later or not at all like on innova.

3 hours ago, Limerence said:

If u read correctly to achieve VIP 4 Tier you need 4.000 VIP Points, as in 4.000 ncoins ... And after 30 days you will get a decrease in those points by 1320 points... So, do the math ..

250/2000=0.0125 * 4000 = Usd 50 this the entry fee, then is Usd 16.5

The monthly subscription back in the day was Usd 15.00 so inflation considered this is very reasonable, similar to a subscription. But ofc considering our stingy player base they will cry over this. Usd 15.00 u can get in a couple of hours washing cars / mowing lawns, come on, chop chop.

2 hours ago, ChocolateChip said:

@Juji@Hime@Neutron

Isn't the point of a classic server is to not have all these boosts, etc...? Hence the word classic. I do not recall all of these in the game back then. However, yes you are a company that does need to profit, but the Launch packs seem a bit over the top. (Journey & Chronicle). Also the Journey pack is pointless, if you're going to pay for one of them, might as well get the Chronicle pack as it is 30-day boost and not a 5-hour boost... The VIP rewards don't seem too bad, but maybe a bit over the top on the overall boost it does give. I also would like a comment as to this:

"There are four tiers within the Classic VIP Program, obtainable by spending NCoin on items in the Lineage II Classic in-game store. Your purchases will go towards VIP Points that are automatically applied and rank up your VIP tiers. The wide range of benefits you can enjoy by tier include:"

I want to focus in on the L2 CLassic in-game store. If we were to get the full VIP Tier 4, that would equal 4k ncoins. What are we going to be able to spend 4k ncoins on? More boosts? Would like some more info about what will be in the l2 store for classic.

Yes, i'm very excited for an official classic NA l2 server to be coming, but I want the actual 'classic' feeling, which means I don't really want to buy all the boosts items, etc... but I also don't want to fall 'behind'. Any comment?

Last but not least, will we get any information as to what chronicle it will be at and if it is going to be 'progressing' the same way as it did back then? Is there going to be a level cap? A 'gear' cap? (D/C/B/A/S grade), etc...

-As per the sentence above. Lv70 seems like a huge lvl cap at the start. 40-50-60-70-etc... or maybe by grade (c-b-a-s). Would seem more reasonable.

Thanks and looking forward to a response.

40 is too low, 50 would be very reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, Oestemnet said:

250/2000=0.0125 * 4000 = Usd 50 this the entry fee, then is Usd 16.5

The monthly subscription back in the day was Usd 15.00 so inflation considered this is very reasonable, similar to a subscription. But ofc considering our stingy player base they will cry over this. Usd 15.00 u can get in a couple of hours washing cars / mowing lawns, come on, chop chop.

That because most of the player base is not from NA and some of them play from countries where you probably need days to get 15.

5 hours ago, J0nSnow said:

Since it’s free to play, can you not destroy this version by putting stuff in the store that you cannot obtain in game

Really you didnt read the XP and Drop rate boost at VIP ?
What else you need in classic is bigger lvl and all drops coming from mobs so this is P2W. 
Plus they need to put stuff to make ppl spent Ncoins. 
This server is gonna be so P2W. 
And yes of course they gonna put items from L2 store event only thats what they do on main version of game like years now.
There are already jewels and other items in others region that come from store, search a bit the forum and for sure are gonna be on NA. 
This server will die in no time, with record time. 
HF 

2 hours ago, beleaua said:

That because most of the player base is not from NA and some of them play from countries where you probably need days to get 15.

Im not NA, you can do this, chop chop. Most of the player base is NA, EU or Latin America, in any of those regions u can make the $15 needed, if you can't and still have time to spend countless hours playing L2, your priorities are way off.

A few other points to bring up:

You state that there will be 2 classic servers; Talking Island and Giran. I assume one would be GMT -2 and the other GMT +1, or something around those lines/what's currently on Chronos/Naia. Could you please clarify the GMT for each server.

With respect to the new anti-bot system that was implemented. (XIGNCODE3). I would like to know what information is being retrieved from my computer now...i.e. banking info, university info, etc... Since the implementation, I've only used this computer for gaming and used my mac for work and other. But people i know and play with have yet to log on and/or update the game due to this feature. I'm sure there are more as well, and therefore am bringing this up because the people who only have access to one comp, probably want to play on your new classic servers, and therefore you are losing more possible revenue. If you could please respond as to what information is being taken with the new XIGNCODE3 program that would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, since you have posted information about the classic server, you guys have yet to respond to any player feedback and/or their opinions, and therefore does not play to your advantage. Lets hope this changes :)

• L2 Team
6 hours ago, J0nSnow said:

OMG scroll of escapes and scrolls of resurrection, can’t get those in game....did you read what I said? Those are for reward, I want to see what all they sell in the store, ie what do you spent coin on to go up in tier 

The Blessed Scroll of Escape and Blessed Scroll of Resurrection will not be available to use in the Classic Server.

You can still buy the regular Scrolls of Escape and Scrolls of Resurrection from the Vendor NPCs in towns.

5 hours ago, ChocolateChip said:

@Juji@Hime@Neutron

Isn't the point of a classic server is to not have all these boosts, etc...? Hence the word classic. I do not recall all of these in the game back then. However, yes you are a company that does need to profit, but the Launch packs seem a bit over the top. (Journey & Chronicle). Also the Journey pack is pointless, if you're going to pay for one of them, might as well get the Chronicle pack as it is 30-day boost and not a 5-hour boost... The VIP rewards don't seem too bad, but maybe a bit over the top on the overall boost it does give. I also would like a comment as to this:

"There are four tiers within the Classic VIP Program, obtainable by spending NCoin on items in the Lineage II Classic in-game store. Your purchases will go towards VIP Points that are automatically applied and rank up your VIP tiers. The wide range of benefits you can enjoy by tier include:"

I want to focus in on the L2 CLassic in-game store. If we were to get the full VIP Tier 4, that would equal 4k ncoins. What are we going to be able to spend 4k ncoins on? More boosts? Would like some more info about what will be in the l2 store for classic.

Yes, i'm very excited for an official classic NA l2 server to be coming, but I want the actual 'classic' feeling, which means I don't really want to buy all the boosts items, etc... but I also don't want to fall 'behind'. Any comment?

Last but not least, will we get any information as to what chronicle it will be at and if it is going to be 'progressing' the same way as it did back then? Is there going to be a level cap? A 'gear' cap? (D/C/B/A/S grade), etc...

-As per the sentence above. Lv70 seems like a huge lvl cap at the start. 40-50-60-70-etc... or maybe by grade (c-b-a-s). Would seem more reasonable.

Thanks and looking forward to a response.

The L2 Store for Classic will have consumable items such as Buffs, XP Scrolls, XP Runes, Cosmetics (Hair Accessories and Agathions), and Account Services (Name Change, Clan Name Change, and Gender Change).

We are implementing the Mission system from the Live servers, so you can earn XP Scrolls, Buff items, and other consumables while hunting/leveling up.

The Classic Server will be on Chronicle 1.5 with some QoL (Quality of Life) improvements, but I will talk about the content and our future plans for Classic in our Livestream next Friday (9/28). 

The gear cap is up to B-Grade (Level 52).

1 hour ago, Juji said:

The Blessed Scroll of Escape and Blessed Scroll of Resurrection will not be available to use in the Classic Server.

You can still buy the regular Scrolls of Escape and Scrolls of Resurrection from the Vendor NPCs in towns.

The L2 Store for Classic will have consumable items such as Buffs, XP Scrolls, XP Runes, Cosmetics (Hair Accessories and Agathions), and Account Services (Name Change, Clan Name Change, and Gender Change).

We are implementing the Mission system from the Live servers, so you can earn XP Scrolls, Buff items, and other consumables while hunting/leveling up.

The Classic Server will be on Chronicle 1.5 with some QoL (Quality of Life) improvements, but I will talk about the content and our future plans for Classic in our Livestream next Friday (9/28). 

The gear cap is up to B-Grade (Level 52).

Are you going to be the one running classic?( I hope). 

What about doing anti bot and all that On classic? 

Can you tell developers to never put instances in our version, like ever?

• L2 Team
On 9/20/2018 at 4:42 PM, ChocolateChip said:

A few other points to bring up:

You state that there will be 2 classic servers; Talking Island and Giran. I assume one would be GMT -2 and the other GMT +1, or something around those lines/what's currently on Chronos/Naia. Could you please clarify the GMT for each server.

With respect to the new anti-bot system that was implemented. (XIGNCODE3). I would like to know what information is being retrieved from my computer now...i.e. banking info, university info, etc... Since the implementation, I've only used this computer for gaming and used my mac for work and other. But people i know and play with have yet to log on and/or update the game due to this feature. I'm sure there are more as well, and therefore am bringing this up because the people who only have access to one comp, probably want to play on your new classic servers, and therefore you are losing more possible revenue. If you could please respond as to what information is being taken with the new XIGNCODE3 program that would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, since you have posted information about the classic server, you guys have yet to respond to any player feedback and/or their opinions, and therefore does not play to your advantage. Lets hope this changes :)

The timezones for the servers are below (TBD):
Talking Island = GMT-5
Giran = GMT+1

You can find out more details on XIGNCOD3 and what it does below:
https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001298583-What-Is-XIGNCODE3-
https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001298563-XIGNCODE3-FAQ

On 9/20/2018 at 12:52 PM, KasNodWeb said:

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Warcryer#44

Please answer, will be able skills as this base? as example - Chant of Movement by warcryer

Or in this chronicle warcryer not have new buffs? Give please link to base skills.

Yes, these new skills will be in our version.

7 minutes ago, Juji said:

So please explain why after 3 attempts XIONCODE3 has failed and the servers go down. Apparently the 3rd time isn't a charm. Back to the drawing board.

Do you have a policy about EU and Eastern ( Russian player ) i suppose NCsoft wont put any restriction of IP address to these player right? Cause Innova did on NA n SA player on Skelth ( Eu Server )

+1 Will be nice to have a monthly payment , this is exactly what scared people about NCsoft P2W....

2 minutes ago, ChocolateChip said:

This is the type of support we have been needing @Juji, thank you :)

With regard to the best gear being B-grade, why is the max level 70 then? Wouldn't it make for better pvp, as well as future content, to make it, lets say, 55 or 60?

This is why I said I hope he is running this version of the game. 

13 minutes ago, Flear01 said:

Do you have a policy about EU and Eastern ( Russian player ) i suppose NCsoft wont put any restriction of IP address to these player right? Cause Innova did on NA n SA player on Skelth ( Eu Server )

+1 Will be nice to have a monthly payment , this is exactly what scared people about NCsoft P2W....

Please block Russian IPs. Let them go bot and rmt somewhere else. 

Archived