Jump to content
Hime

[News] Lineage II Classic Server Launching October 3

Recommended Posts

Hime    981

We’re proud to announce the forthcoming launch of the new Lineage II Classic server on October 3! North American players will get a chance to step back in time and experience Lineage II as it was in the beginning.

See the full announcement: http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/announcements/lineage-ii-classic-server-launching-october-3.php

If you have additional questions about Lineage II Classic, head over to the Lineage II Classic FAQ:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2767-classic-launch-faq/

Be sure to visit and post in the new Lineage II Classic forums: https://forums.lineage2.com/forum/34-classic/

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J0nSnow    34
11 minutes ago, Hime said:

We’re proud to announce the forthcoming launch of the new Lineage II Classic server on October 3! North American players will get a chance to step back in time and experience Lineage II as it was in the beginning.

See the full announcement: http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/announcements/lineage-ii-classic-server-launching-october-3.php

If you have additional questions about Lineage II Classic, head over to the Lineage II Classic FAQ:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2767-classic-launch-faq/

Be sure to visit and post in the new Lineage II Classic forums: https://forums.lineage2.com/forum/34-classic/

Since it’s free to play, can you not destroy this version by putting stuff in the store that you cannot obtain in game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Limerence    18
Just now, J0nSnow said:

Since it’s free to play, can you not destroy this version by putting stuff in the store that you cannot obtain in game

Are you seriously asking this ? Haven't you read about classic on Korea and all other regions and its l2store ?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J0nSnow    34
2 minutes ago, Nymphadorae said:

OMG scroll of escapes and scrolls of resurrection, can’t get those in game....did you read what I said? Those are for reward, I want to see what all they sell in the store, ie what do you spent coin on to go up in tier 

Edited by J0nSnow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Limerence    18

If u read correctly to achieve VIP 4 Tier you need 4.000 VIP Points, as in 4.000 ncoins ... And after 30 days you will get a decrease in those points by 1320 points... So, do the math ..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharlanna    85

Juji is back for the Classic server. He doesn't care about Chronos or Naia. Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't want any part of Classic... more p2w.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beleaua    66
1 hour ago, J0nSnow said:

OMG scroll of escapes and scrolls of resurrection, can’t get those in game....did you read what I said? Those are for reward, I want to see what all they sell in the store, ie what do you spent coin on to go up in tier 

Probably not much on the initial release, to not scare players away. Wait till the first event or store promo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Devoid    122
1 hour ago, Juji said:

First!

G…

But on a related note, I'm not going to play this nerfed version of classic that NCw is going to do where loads of items/equipment/skills will be permanently unavailable. Ever since I started playing in Taiwan I haven't looked back. LIVE or CLASSIC, that region delivers. Everything from the launcher to the gameplay is made for the players.

I can imagine how things will go in NCw: most equipment slots will be either permanently locked out or behind a supersteep paywall, monsters will get their stats boosted by 3x, VIP will be as huge a failure as the prestige pack on LIVE (it is still a failure after it was 'updated'), quest rewards nerfed into the ground even more than in EU (compared to RU, for example), etc. etc.

Edited by Devoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Juji@Hime@Neutron

Isn't the point of a classic server is to not have all these boosts, etc...? Hence the word classic. I do not recall all of these in the game back then. However, yes you are a company that does need to profit, but the Launch packs seem a bit over the top. (Journey & Chronicle). Also the Journey pack is pointless, if you're going to pay for one of them, might as well get the Chronicle pack as it is 30-day boost and not a 5-hour boost... The VIP rewards don't seem too bad, but maybe a bit over the top on the overall boost it does give. I also would like a comment as to this:

"There are four tiers within the Classic VIP Program, obtainable by spending NCoin on items in the Lineage II Classic in-game store. Your purchases will go towards VIP Points that are automatically applied and rank up your VIP tiers. The wide range of benefits you can enjoy by tier include:"

I want to focus in on the L2 CLassic in-game store. If we were to get the full VIP Tier 4, that would equal 4k ncoins. What are we going to be able to spend 4k ncoins on? More boosts? Would like some more info about what will be in the l2 store for classic.

Yes, i'm very excited for an official classic NA l2 server to be coming, but I want the actual 'classic' feeling, which means I don't really want to buy all the boosts items, etc... but I also don't want to fall 'behind'. Any comment?

Last but not least, will we get any information as to what chronicle it will be at and if it is going to be 'progressing' the same way as it did back then? Is there going to be a level cap? A 'gear' cap? (D/C/B/A/S grade), etc...

-As per the sentence above. Lv70 seems like a huge lvl cap at the start. 40-50-60-70-etc... or maybe by grade (c-b-a-s). Would seem more reasonable.

Thanks and looking forward to a response.

Edited by ChocolateChip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpeedStick    9
5 minutes ago, ChocolateChip said:

@Juji@Hime@Neutron

Isn't the point of a classic server is to not have all these boosts, etc...? Hence the word classic. I do not recall all of these in the game back then. However, yes you are a company that does need to profit, but the Launch packs seem a bit over the top. (Journey & Chronicle). Also the Journey pack is pointless, if you're going to pay for one of them, might as well get the Chronicle pack as it is 30-day boost and not a 5-hour boost... The VIP rewards don't seem too bad, but maybe a bit over the top on the overall boost it does give. I also would like a comment as to this:

"There are four tiers within the Classic VIP Program, obtainable by spending NCoin on items in the Lineage II Classic in-game store. Your purchases will go towards VIP Points that are automatically applied and rank up your VIP tiers. The wide range of benefits you can enjoy by tier include:"

I want to focus in on the L2 CLassic in-game store. If we were to get the full VIP Tier 4, that would equal 4k ncoins. What are we going to be able to spend 4k ncoins on? More boosts? Would like some more info about what will be in the l2 store for classic.

Yes, i'm very excited for an official classic NA l2 server to be coming, but I want the actual 'classic' feeling, which means I don't really want to buy all the boosts items, etc... but I also don't want to fall 'behind'. Any comment?

Last but not least, will we get any information as to what chronicle it will be at and if it is going to be 'progressing' the same way as it did back then? Is there going to be a level cap? A 'gear' cap? (D/C/B/A/S grade), etc...

-As per the sentence above. Lv70 seems like a huge lvl cap at the start. 40-50-60-70-etc... or maybe by grade (c-b-a-s). Would seem more reasonable.

Thanks and looking forward to a response.

That means one of the first releases.  Try to look up what innova got when it started their classic server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Devoid    122
2 minutes ago, ChocolateChip said:

@Juji@Hime@Neutron

ILast but not least, will we get any information as to what chronicle it will be at and if it is going to be 'progressing' the same way as it did back then? Is there going to be a level cap? A 'gear' cap? (D/C/B/A/S grade), etc...

Thanks and looking forward to a response.

It's not targeting any Chronicle. Current client is named "Seven Signs", so you would think it is C3-ish, especially since the world map does not have Rune/FI.

There are various C2 features missing, various C3 features missing, various GoD+ features available. There's also the Olympiad, though not as it was in C4, but rather as it is in current LIVE. There's also herbs (dubbed 'energies' now), even though that's kinda a C5 feature.

However, there are augmentations (Interlude feature), including hair accessory (with +1/+1 base stats), items with enchant effects (uhh.. Freya?), custom SA system based on compound (not Chronicle nor current LIVE), enchantable pendants (with subslots) instead of shirts, seed bracelets with charm slots (Grand Crusade/Salvation feature), bracelets with talismans (Interlude feature), though the talismans are more like current LIVE).

Sieges/Castles are Light/Dark (was it a Tauti feature?.. whatever). No manor, no Seals and Dusk/Dawn effects, no customizable tax rate, no castle blacksmith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Devoid said:

It's not targeting any Chronicle. Current client is named "Seven Signs", so you would think it is C3-ish, especially since the world map does not have Rune/FI.

There are various C2 features missing, various C3 features missing, various GoD+ features available. There's also the Olympiad, though not as it was in C4, but rather as it is in current LIVE. There's also herbs (dubbed 'energies' now), even though that's kinda a C5 feature.

However, there are augmentations (Interlude feature), including hair accessory (with +1/+1 base stats), items with enchant effects (uhh.. Freya?), custom SA system based on compound (not Chronicle nor current LIVE), enchantable pendants (with subslots) instead of shirts, seed bracelets with charm slots (Grand Crusade/Salvation feature), bracelets with talismans (Interlude feature), though the talismans are more like current LIVE).

Sieges/Castles are Light/Dark (was it a Tauti feature?.. whatever). No manor, no Seals and Dusk/Dawn effects, no customizable tax rate, no castle blacksmith.

This is the information we need........thanks and looking for more from GMs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×