[News] Lineage II Classic Server Launching October 3

Hime

• L2 Team
32 minutes ago, Sharlanna said:

So please explain why after 3 attempts XIONCODE3 has failed and the servers go down. Apparently the 3rd time isn't a charm. Back to the drawing board.

It has been a challenge no doubt, but we are still investigating the crash issues

18 minutes ago, Flear01 said:

Do you have a policy about EU and Eastern ( Russian player ) i suppose NCsoft wont put any restriction of IP address to these player right? Cause Innova did on NA n SA player on Skelth ( Eu Server )

The only policy we have for blocking countries from accessing L2 is in the KB article below:
https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/217017506-Blocked-Countries

15 minutes ago, ChocolateChip said:

This is the type of support we have been needing @Juji, thank you :)

With regard to the best gear being B-grade, why is the max level 70 then? Wouldn't it make for better pvp, as well as future content, to make it, lets say, 55 or 60?

The progression speed will not be 100% the same as it was 14 years ago. How we launch content updates for Classic will be different from how we normally roll them out on the live service. I will go in more detail about this in the livestream next week.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Juji said:

The progression speed will not be 100% the same as it was 14 years ago. How we launch content updates for Classic will be different from how we normally roll them out on the live service.

Yes and I get that. But with regard to all of the different boosts we know of and I assume there will be more. Lvl 70 will be a breeze all in all, and then having us fight in B-Grade gear at lvl 70 with all the skills, etc, seems stupid. (sorry for the language, but it's true). Content updates don't have to be discussed, i'm just saying that making max level 55 or 60 could and will most likely provide the players with a better experience, as well as provide future content updates. (That don't have to be discussed).

All i'm asking is for the level cap be revised because I think others, myself included, see it being lvl 70 with b-grade gear, just ..........

Example: Hey, we are all level 110 now. Lets fight in R-Grade(85+) gear because that's what's released...

12 minutes ago, Juji said:

It has been a challenge no doubt, but we are still investigating the crash issues

The only policy we have for blocking countries from accessing L2 is in the KB article below:
https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/217017506-Blocked-Countries

The progression speed will not be 100% the same as it was 14 years ago. How we launch content updates for Classic will be different from how we normally roll them out on the live service. I will go in more detail about this in the livestream next week.

Can you relook at the time zones? West coast USA gets screwed royally no matter which server they pick. I think best option is to have a EU time zone and GMT -5 server. 

Just now, J0nSnow said:

Can you relook at the time zones? West coast USA gets screwed royally no matter which server they pick. I think best option is to have a EU time zone and GMT -5 server. 

I'd keep what's currently out, GMT-2 and GMT+1. People are familiar with this system. Just my opinion though.

58 minutes ago, Juji said:

The timezones for the servers are below:
Talking Island = GMT-2
Giran = GMT+1

Please clarify US time zones here...

US Time zones are  PST is -8 gmt CST is -6 GMT and est is -5 GMT 

Are sieges going to be at 8pm server times? 

If this is the case this is not a NA server these are not NA time zones, when you say NA it stands for North America....

Please clarify siege time within each of these servers. Classic L2 has alot of "Timed" server events time zones for servers are very important and need to be NA.

6 minutes ago, Stormie said:

If this is the case this is not a NA server these are not NA time zones, when you say NA it stands for North America....

Please clarify siege time within each of these servers. Classic L2 has alot of "Timed" server events time zones for servers are very important and need to be NA.

Just now, Swae said:

Please say this is a joke.. 4pm castle sieges?

The time zones for the classic servers are the exact same timezone that are for the current servers.

Current Servers:

Chronos: GMT -2

Naia: GMT +1

Classis Servers:

Talking Island: GMT -2

Giran: GMT +1

• L2 Team
3 minutes ago, Stormie said:

7 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

We will consider reviewing the server time zones again with the team. 

The siege times are currently not set since they will be introduced a little later after launch.

1 hour ago, Juji said:

The L2 Store for Classic will have consumable items such as Buffs, XP Scrolls, XP Runes, Cosmetics (Hair Accessories and Agathions), and Account Services (Name Change, Clan Name Change, and Gender Change).

Haha.. we heard that before back in 2012.

Btw, put order in the house. Outsourced support is crap.

And unban Daikon chat on Chronos. Almost 2 months without being able to chat for a unknown bug:

Not that I care too much as I dont even have the game installed.

Just now, Juji said:

We will consider reviewing the server time zones again with the team. 

The siege times are currently not set since they will be introduced a little later after launch.

As long as the server events sieges, silient vally raids, oly run at correct corrisponding NA times IE siege on talking island 8pm PST and siege on giran 8pm EST or vice versa server time doesnt matter. Only event times HAVE to be in NA time zones. 

East coast server event times and west coast server event times etc.

Thank you for reviewing this, if I go by what i know from EU classic events followed server time so this would put server events at very random unacceptable times for NA players.

2 hours ago, J0nSnow said:

Can you tell developers to never put instances in our version, like ever?

Great point! They've promised not to make Classic like GoD with multiple instance zones. What do we see now? Loads of them, so you spend the whole week farming instances like Zaken, Anthy, Baium, clan arena, 4 element bosses. Stop it please! Make it Classic, not GoD over again! 

7 hours ago, beleaua said:

brooches too, see the first ten seconds of this video. they might come sooner or later or not at all like on innova.

Yes, brooches and Jewels straight from the current LIVE (ruby, sapphire, etc.)

4 hours ago, Juji said:

The Classic Server will be on Chronicle 1.5 with some QoL (Quality of Life) improvements, but I will talk about the content and our future plans for Classic in our Livestream next Friday (9/28). 

The gear cap is up to B-Grade (Level 52).

Exactly what I expected, NCWest putting artificial restrictions in order to make the game much harder than it actually is. Now, considering the client already has catas/necros in the game world, does that mean their spawns will be removed (because they drop A grade key mats left and right)? Or will their drops be removed instead?

What is more, current classic server/client has level 80 mobs and you can reach at least level 79. Being level 76+ with B grade? Sounds terrible to me.

3 hours ago, Stormie said:

this is by far the most important thing about this server being an "NA" server. The times for crucial server events such as daily RB spawns (every single day of the work week, and on an EU server spawn at a TOTALLY inconvenient time for any american players with a life at all) need to be very ideal for all NA players,  and very inconvenient for RU and EU players,(eg. sieges at 5-7pm pst / cst. since this is after all an NA server by title. The times must  be made to correspond to what the server is being advertised as.  It is the MAIN reason I am interested in jumping OFF EU CLASSIC. NONE OF THE extremely IMPORTANT RB SPAWNS, SIEGES, OLY TIMES ARE CONVENIENT FOR NA on skelth. This needs to be revisited and corrected or my interest is going to fall off very quickly

as a side note ; on skelth sieges start at 7 pm for most/all eu / Russian players.   we are 7-8 hours behind their timezone. If  server events/ rb spawns / sieges/olys are at too inconvenient of a time for EU/RU players. EU players have their own server with all their tailored perfectly timed events for THEM.  And RU has how many servers they can go play on their own time zone? like 10 now?      TAILOR the times to fit perfectly for NA players. This is our server. Do not cater to ru/eu players this is not an ru/eu server.  It SHOULD be hard for them to attend the things that are extremely important in keeping OUR server desirable for na players

Again. If RU and EU servers have PERFECT RB SPAWN TIMES for their players (7 pm in the evening, who could ask for a better time?)   Why shouldn't we have ideal spawn times (yes, 7 pm central/ 5 pm pacific should be the spawn time for SV raids here)   

GMT +1 is NOT an NA timezone.   so how exactly is it an NA server?   Whatever keep the gmt +1 crap.    But do make the raids spawn at an appropriate NA time, or a lot of people are not going to be happy / playing here for long

80% of us old player (14 years for me ) don't want pay to win, we have left or just play 1 or 2 hrs a week because this crap, we don't want  a server full bots, we want a server FREE of cheaters, were its your skill at playing that wins in a fight, so the only thing I'll be doing is put my toon name on it

7 minutes ago, Bangkok said:

Stop complaining everyone and just enjoy the ride.

The thing is, making this cut down version of classic is definitely much more effort than releasing it 'as is' (merely with adjusted VIP system and L2Store). But of course, if you like playing on a server that is years behind official servers and also has an artificially increased difficulty level, that's your choice.

It's just that not everyone has the same preferences as you do.

Selling old game with true classic elements:

- free to play mean that playing will cost a lot more than old subscription price.

-VIP like prestige pack really true classic element from old times lol.

- L2 Store considered as master of all classic elements witch caused so big popularity upon introduction of L2 game 15 year a go lol and it mean many things like no spoils, no crafting, not working economy etc. as you have L2 Store so you don't need in game drops - classic.

with regards to the preliminary assigned timezones which btw are not fixed yet at all please note that NCWest most likely based it on their existing player base demographics and that has always been like ~50% non NA so obviously they will not outright exclude such a huge portion of their potential new/continued customer base ;)

deffi do agree there should be a real NA server just doubt there will be enough "real" NA players to populated 2 servers for the 2nd server to have also an NA centric timezone - to be clear a server can hold around 6K players so 2 servers would mean 12k concurrent active players so yeah am not that optimistic :P

For me, who has played since closed beta, the classic Lineage 2 was about making good friends, level up, get gear and have fun. Classic Lineage 2 is completely isolated from the real world. No name, class, gender changes or RMT, and no bloody NCStore!

I remember some classic phrases such, "reroll dude, you are on our KOS list" Well, you have a name and you have a reputation
The current game state is a kindergarden where players are cuddled with if they cry and squeezed on money if they want to take a shortcut.

Classic game was hard core, Today it’s no challenge what so ever, actually a quite silly development, but yeah, NCWest need to make money, a lot of money 

High level new players would cry a lot in classic game, because they can run do NCstore to launder their money into fancy high end gear, or change server if they scammed someone.

Would be a laugh!

Archived