Limit Box

sztank

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Sweetness said:

Anything more then 3 boxes will ruin server. Go play Skyrim or something if you want to game by yourself. 

Uh, why allow boxing at all then? lol.  It was never a limitation in the classic Lineage 2.  I guess I'll just play on 2 computers then, even though you'll probably uninstall out of frustration lol.  Now now there, no reason to go telling people what to do, you're not in any position to do that xD

Nice, I replied to you and minutes later got banned.  Sweetness is a GM or someone wants to make a point out of this? Abuse of power much?  Someone's pissed.. I don't know who's foot I stepped on here or what I've done that deserves a ban.  I've never used any 3rd party program or anything.  Fresh install, haven't played for years.  I've multiboxed in games from Lineage 2, Aion, Anarchy Online, Lineage 2 Revolution, World of Warcraft (5 characters at once in both NA and SEA), to Diablo 3.  This is completely unreal.  I HAVE NEVER BEEN BANNED FROM ANY GAME BEFORE.  I've been an avid competitive gamer for 15+ years, even reaching Challenger rank 13 in League of Legends in 2013.

I'm also a big time Lineage 2 fan here since 2004; my favorite was grinding a Swordsinger + Bladedancer together by hand (with some assist/follow + song/dance macros) for years in 2004-2005 up to level 67 and 66.  Spent hundreds of dollars in Lineage 2 over the years.  I was about to re-experience going to Cruma Tower level 2 and herding a bunch of Porta's together with my mage to AoE (I had a level 50 Spellsinger on Bartz back in the day, but the AoE was always terrible with the low INT from elves + terrible mana regen.  I knew I was only level 25, but thought it would be fun with the Adventurer guide buffs you give people with my extra support characters); was about to teleport from The Town of Dion Gatekeeper before I got banned though. Dream shattered.

It's unbelievable that because some admin got cocky and personal, and my 30th birthday being next week, that I got banned from what could be a huge re-release of my favorite game of all time.  Is this what the game has come to?  How am I (or anyone now) supposed to have faith in your team again (except for those who don't support the concept of playing multiple characters.. even though tons of people from World of Warcraft, etc multibox, and people have always multiboxed in Lineage 2), after a stunt like this?  Literally had budgeted $150 to spend on the game for the $30 Chronicle Pack + $20 NC Coin for Tier 4 x 3 right off the bat.  Now I can't even play?  I mean.. I guess I can be thankful that you did it to me before I even spent money again... seriously wtf I was only level freaking 25 playing for 2 days and you ban me? lol; like there's people that do all kinds of shit and they don't get banned like this.  This is insane.  Just disable multi-boxing if you're going to treat people like this.  No reason to bully people and/or try to instill fear in people.  This is not how you make people comfortable with your product pre-release. What in the world are you thinking?

My character names (on Chronos) that were just banned were:
SapphireTwo
SapphireThree
FireFour

Some invisible GM in The Town of Dion just popped them one by one back to back.

Abuse_Of_Power_20180929.png

Abuse_Of_Power_20180929b.jpg

2 minutes ago, YoungNastyMan said:

Sounds like a bot tester coverup to me fams.

Also appeal your case to support not here if it was a legit mistake by a gm my dude 

The problem originated here, so naturally I will post further information here.

1 minute ago, YoungNastyMan said:

Bro you don't need to make a wall of post to cover up your botting attempts it's okay B|

My concern here is that players can't multibox freely anymore.  People should not feel threatened to multibox when they are about to invest so many hours/days/months + money into playing this game.  I mean I'm scared to even try Lineage 2 Classic now that I've been personally bullied by GMs without cause.  I personally have not lost anything except for my 3 accounts with level 25 characters, and my confidence in the NCSoft's Lineage 2.

On 9/27/2018 at 12:41 PM, Stormie said:

just make it overall 6 max for classic and you will be everyones best friend.

Jesus let it go, if they kowtow to everyone of you asking for things that actually go against why you would play a classic version of l2 it wont be freaking classic lol.

3 hours ago, Ruby said:

My concern here is that players can't multibox freely anymore.  People should not feel threatened to multibox when they are about to invest so many hours/days/months + money into playing this game.  I mean I'm scared to even try Lineage 2 Classic now that I've been personally bullied by GMs without cause.  I personally have not lost anything except for my 3 accounts with level 25 characters, and my confidence in the NCSoft's Lineage 2.

Why are you blaming me for you getting banned? Lol If you've paid attention to forums at all you would notice lots of people have disagreed with things I've said, I've disagreed with lots of thing that others have said, and no one has been banned or rewarded for agreeing with me. Based on your character names you sound like the Ruby from L2 revolution in which case I was in your clan. If not, regardless, I dont know who you are I have nothing to do with you being banned. 

My bar tabs can tell you that much. Willing to set up a go fund me if anyone wants to pitch in. 

4 hours ago, Ruby said:

Nice, I replied to you and minutes later got banned.  Sweetness is a GM or someone wants to make a point out of this? Abuse of power much?  Someone's pissed.. I don't know who's foot I stepped on here or what I've done that deserves a ban.  I've never used any 3rd party program or anything.  Fresh install, haven't played for years.  I've multiboxed in games from Lineage 2, Aion, Anarchy Online, Lineage 2 Revolution, World of Warcraft (5 characters at once in both NA and SEA), to Diablo 3.  This is completely unreal.  I HAVE NEVER BEEN BANNED FROM ANY GAME BEFORE.  I've been an avid competitive gamer for 15+ years, even reaching Challenger rank 13 in League of Legends in 2013.

I'm also a big time Lineage 2 fan here since 2004; my favorite was grinding a Swordsinger + Bladedancer together by hand (with some assist/follow + song/dance macros) for years in 2004-2005 up to level 67 and 66.  Spent hundreds of dollars in Lineage 2 over the years.  I was about to re-experience going to Cruma Tower level 2 and herding a bunch of Porta's together with my mage to AoE (I had a level 50 Spellsinger on Bartz back in the day, but the AoE was always terrible with the low INT from elves + terrible mana regen.  I knew I was only level 25, but thought it would be fun with the Adventurer guide buffs you give people with my extra support characters); was about to teleport from The Town of Dion Gatekeeper before I got banned though. Dream shattered.

It's unbelievable that because some admin got cocky and personal, and my 30th birthday being next week, that I got banned from what could be a huge re-release of my favorite game of all time.  Is this what the game has come to?  How am I (or anyone now) supposed to have faith in your team again (except for those who don't support the concept of playing multiple characters.. even though tons of people from World of Warcraft, etc multibox, and people have always multiboxed in Lineage 2), after a stunt like this?  Literally had budgeted $150 to spend on the game for the $30 Chronicle Pack + $20 NC Coin for Tier 4 x 3 right off the bat.  Now I can't even play?  I mean.. I guess I can be thankful that you did it to me before I even spent money again... seriously wtf I was only level freaking 25 playing for 2 days and you ban me? lol; like there's people that do all kinds of shit and they don't get banned like this.  This is insane.  Just disable multi-boxing if you're going to treat people like this.  No reason to bully people and/or try to instill fear in people.  This is not how you make people comfortable with your product pre-release. What in the world are you thinking?

My character names (on Chronos) that were just banned were:
SapphireTwo
SapphireThree
FireFour

Some invisible GM in The Town of Dion just popped them one by one back to back

That's what happens when you bot and absolutely no one believes your little story... RIP... no sympathy.... Go play Maplestory 2.

28 minutes ago, Convict said:

everyone calling for more boxes are just botters macro kings do not accomodate those cheaters plz@juji

sigh... people wouldnt need them to increase the limit if they planned to bot. This seems that ncsoft wants people to bot. Ive played this game when it was in beta up till c3 and they never had a restriction on how many boxes you could run. 

Just now, Acantha said:

sigh... people wouldnt need them to increase the limit if they planned to bot. This seems that ncsoft wants people to bot. Ive played this game when it was in beta up till c3 and they never had a restriction on how many boxes you could run. 

that does not even make a bit of sense....seriously repeat waht you just said....why do u need more then 3 accounts..u can only play 1 at a time and if your gonna switch scree and macro its not an easy task..ive played l2 since start dude if u need more then 3 accounts your up to something dirty

25 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

Why are you blaming me for you getting banned? Lol If you've paid attention to forums at all you would notice lots of people have disagreed with things I've said, I've disagreed with lots of thing that others have said, and no one has been banned or rewarded for agreeing with me. Based on your character names you sound like the Ruby from L2 revolution in which case I was in your clan. If not, regardless, I dont know who you are I have nothing to do with you being banned. 

My bar tabs can tell you that much. Willing to set up a go fund me if anyone wants to pitch in. 

Good to know, thanks for clarifying.  If you read my response, you can see my reason for asking if you were a GM was because I was banned shortly after replying to you.  As I mentioned before, I haven't been banned from a game before, even though I have been constantly multi-boxing since 2004 (starting with Lineage 2).  This came as quite a shock to me, so I was attempting to figure out what was going on here by asking you and may have over-reacted some due to the sudden events.  Lineage 2 is a real passion to me. I apologize for making that assumption.

Now, I don't know what GM actually did ban me, or why, but I have yet to get clarification on this.  I have already filed an appeal to this with my 3 accounts that were affected.

14 hours ago, Sweetness said:

Anything more then 3 boxes will ruin server. Go play Skyrim or something if you want to game by yourself. 

On a separate note, it is unfortunate that you thought so ill of multi-boxing for so long, as it's consistently been a part of Lineage 2 since it's inception in 2004-2005, and it is still not a dead game... in fact it's been one of the only MMOs that I've seen still active and relatively still successful after 14 years.  It has the chance for a great re-release here too.  There never used to be a cap on the number of "multi-boxing instances per computer" back during the years when it was most popular.

Also, if you were a member of my clan in Lineage 2 Revolution, then you would know that I had lead the #2 clan there while multi-boxing 5 characters for 6 months and continued to actively assist the other top clans in the alliance for months beyond that. I even now still assist with hundreds of dollars worth of clan buffs that I've provided to all of the clans in the alliance (just last week).  I've gotten mostly positive feedback about my multi-boxing, with the exception of the one or two people who will complain about anything (particularly when they assume multi-boxing is somehow botting).  It's all about the stigma at this point.

Multi-boxing is fair and challenging unless there's features like 'macro looping' (which was already stated to be disabled for the Lineage 2 Classic re-release), and will never be better than having other good players in your party/clan.  You would know that I also phased out my characters in Lineage 2 Revolution to make room for other quality players when they were available.  Multi-boxing just a different style of play that can look awkward due to one person trying to control multiple characters to the best of their ability.  You can find tons of videos of people multi-boxing on World of Warcraft out there; in fact it's legal and unlimited there like virtually every other MMO.  See below for an example (ask yourself, has it ruined World of Warcraft?)

Most players are very familiar with multi-boxing in many games, especially now in Lineage 2 Revolution, as it's come to be more of a known aspect of the game. Simply put, if multi-boxing is not allowed, it needs to be clear; just because someone wants to multi-box more or can do it better than others doesn't make it wrong.  It also doesn't mean they should play alone/be outcasted like you told me in your quoted post.  Also multi-boxing isn't perfect and takes a lot of effort in most cases, it carries a severe disadvantage in most situations and really is just a different style of play more than anything.

7 minutes ago, Ruby said:

Good to know, thanks for clarifying.  If you read my response, you can see my reason for asking if you were a GM was because I was banned shortly after replying to you.  As I mentioned before, I haven't been banned from a game before, even though I have been constantly multi-boxing since 2004 (starting with Lineage 2).  This came as quite a shock to me, so I was attempting to figure out what was going on here by asking you and may have over-reacted some due to the sudden events.  Lineage 2 is a real passion to me. I apologize for making that assumption.

Now, I don't know what GM actually did ban me, or why, but I have yet to get clarification on this.  I have already filed an appeal to this with my 3 accounts that were affected.

On a separate note, it is unfortunate that you thought so ill of multi-boxing for so long, as it's consistently been a part of Lineage 2 since it's inception in 2004-2005, and it is still not a dead game... in fact it's been one of the only MMOs that I've seen still active and relatively still successful after 14 years.  It has the chance for a great re-release here too.  There never used to be a cap on the number of "multi-boxing instances per computer" back during the years when it was most popular.

Also, if you were a member of my clan in Lineage 2 Revolution, then you would know that I had lead the #2 clan there while multi-boxing 5 characters for 6 months and continued to actively assist the other top clans in the alliance for months beyond that. I even now still assist with hundreds of dollars worth of clan buffs that I've provided to all of the clans in the alliance (just last week).  I've gotten mostly positive feedback about my multi-boxing, with the exception of the one or two people who will complain about anything (particularly when they assume multi-boxing is somehow botting).  It's all about the stigma at this point.

Multi-boxing is fair and challenging unless there's features like 'macro looping' (which was already stated to be disabled for the Lineage 2 Classic re-release), and will never be better than having other good players in your party/clan.  You would know that I also phased out my characters in Lineage 2 Revolution to make room for other quality players when they were available.  Multi-boxing just a different style of play that can look awkward due to one person trying to control multiple characters to the best of their ability.  You can find tons of videos of people multi-boxing on World of Warcraft out there; in fact it's legal and unlimited there like virtually every other MMO.  See below for an example (ask yourself, has it ruined World of Warcraft?)

Most players are very familiar with multi-boxing in many games, especially now in Lineage 2 Revolution, as it's come to be more of a known aspect of the game. Simply put, if multi-boxing is not allowed, it needs to be clear; just because someone wants to multi-box more or can do it better than others doesn't make it wrong.  It also doesn't mean they should play alone/be outcasted like you told me in your quoted post.  Also multi-boxing isn't perfect and takes a lot of effort in most cases, it carries a severe disadvantage in most situations and really is just a different style of play more than anything.

Pretty much an extremely long post saying you like to be able to play with yourself in public. Why not be social and interact with other players and limit yourself to just 3 toons like the rest of us

12 minutes ago, Ruby said:

It never used to be a cap in wow or l2 because they were originally pay2play and the technichal specs needed to multibox were pretty much outside the range of the average player, this has changed now, stop being anachronist.

Agree on first point, multiboxing is a fun and somewhat challenging activity, however, the fine print about what is considered multiboxing and what is considered automation has changed a lot throughout the years (multiplying inputs throuhgout clients, coding mouse movements/click macros and scripts, etc..)

Multiboxing is allowed, up to 3 clients and with no form of automation. Can't be clearer than that.

1 hour ago, TrOLLw said:

he wasn't banned his account was suspended and it probably just happens to coincide with this.  I had a friend get this suspension while trying to set up a 3 man macro, he contacted ncsoft and they undid it. 

This is probably the most constructive feedback I've heard all night.  It looks like NCSoft suspends ("soft bans"/completely locks out.. whatever that means) multi-boxers as they feel fit, until they defend themselves (hence why I am even in this situation).  I look forward to hearing the results of the appeal I sent in.  Thanks a lot for this info.

9 minutes ago, Ruby said:

This is probably the most constructive feedback I've heard all night.  It looks like NCSoft suspends ("soft bans"/completely locks out.. whatever that means) multi-boxers as they feel fit, until they defend themselves (hence why I am even in this situation).  I look forward to hearing the results of the appeal I sent in.  Thanks a lot for this info.

If you've been multiboxing the way I think you are, NCSoft game guard could be detecting your input broadcaster as botting, since some of them inject the inputs into the process.

Archived