Limit Box

sztank

12 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

Great post. People are dumb, what can you say. 

Not sure who you call dumb. I played since open beta and i can tell you i will not play this game without my own support. Maybe you two play support chars and that's why you have this opinion on the matter. But i can assure you that I wont be standing in town "looking for party" for hours. Lets say you play support and i play a DD and we play together. What happens when you quit? Am i suppose to quit also?

I played classic eu Skelth for 3 years. Without the ability to box 4-6 chars you will be quitting within a month.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Enterdisplayname said:

Not sure who you call dumb. I played since open beta and i can tell you i will not play this game without my own support. Maybe you two play support chars and that's why you have this opinion on the matter. But i can assure you that I wont be standing in town "looking for party" for hours. Lets say you play support and i play a DD and we play together. What happens when you quit? Am i suppose to quit also?

I played classic eu Skelth for 3 years. Without the ability to box 4-6 chars you will be quitting within a month.

I wasn’t calling you dumb directly btw. I played this game since prelude, and I’ve never depended on boxing a full party. I’ve always had friends, and been in good clans. Not only that but the population shouldn’t be so low, at least for now, to not find a pick up group. I’m not talking about dual boxing either, because I’m sure most people do that. Anyways 3 client max on one pc should be enough. 

23 minutes ago, Bluephies said:

So go buy a $300 laptop, run your six clients and you'll never have to deal with a live player again. You probably won't even play with any live supports because you'll want to level your own. Have fun.

All i am saying is that solo players that want to box their own support needs to have that option. Not everyone wants to play in a CP because it feels like a job. And no, i am not gonna go buy a $300 laptop, so i can play the way i want. Its Ncsoft's job to make me want to play on their servers. If i don't like the way their servers are set up i just wont play.

Just now, Enterdisplayname said:

Not everyone wants to play in a CP because it feels like a job.

I understand your feel and I'm probably not going to join on a CP because of that. I do have another PC but i'm not going to run lineage there only for getting more boxes.

Depending on your class you are not going to need more than 3 boxes to buff properly. Soon there will be Stews and you can always join on a semi-hardcore or 4fun clan to party with another players.

Don't let many boxes. Players of Skelth has learned from this mistake.

Lineage 2 is meant for been social game and play in parties, not the party to be only you.

With loop macro and many boxes you are loosing the need of other players -especially in a free server- that you can have as many accounts as you like.

at least that is my opinion on this 

Boxes are kinda necessary, BUT most chars can be played like that: main, buffer of your choice, BD/SWS

If u get party with ur main, and u are in a clan? Great!

If not you can still farm with boxes (altho they will be left behind in levels so its not a perfect solution)

On 9/20/2018 at 11:25 PM, Delse said:

I would never understand why NC even allow dual-box on a classic experience.

because the game is quite literally designed around having multiple characters, alts, and so on.

people who have not figured that out yet probably sucked 14 years ago and will likely suck again without p2win

On 9/21/2018 at 3:25 PM, Enterdisplayname said:

In GOD you have Iss Enchanter as a buffer while in classic to get those same buffs you need 3 characters - swordsinger, bladedancer and warcryer/prophet. So maybe 3 clients are enough for GOD but in classic you need at least 6 clients. And to whoever said this isn't a solo game i say it is. I for one want to be able to solo and not depend on people to log in so i can play.

you are assuming you need those buffs, and assuming you will exp at the same rate or your friends around you will.

EVERYTHING was slower in the old days, prepare yourselves its going to be rough for you who never played, or forgot.

3 minutes ago, Stormie said:

@Juji any info on this being adjusted to increase it to say 6 due to classics nature of more supports required and party size being 9?

3 is fine man. Otherwise everyone would run bot trains. You can have 2 buffers with you with 3 clients, why would you possible need a 4th client since you cannot attack with more than one toon at the time unless you run a program to "help" you out.

I mean... for sake of comparison you can figure 0-60 in 60 days if you play 4hrs/day minimum and your main is a melee dps + bd +pp out of party boxes.  EXP scrolls may improve upon this time but don't expect anything radically different.

If it were my time I was spending, I would not short-change myself now to become a non-factor only a month later.

2 hours ago, InVizO said:

I mean... for sake of comparison you can figure 0-60 in 60 days if you play 4hrs/day minimum and your main is a melee dps + bd +pp out of party boxes.  EXP scrolls may improve upon this time but don't expect anything radically different.

If it were my time I was spending, I would not short-change myself now to become a non-factor only a month later.

You know you have to lvl to boxes to certain lvl as well don't you? :) OOP doesn't give too much xp.

Before when there was no double account, it was beautiful to be level with friends, groups of friends all together and also unknown people wanting to level up together ... Now they are all antisocial that only have 3 bots in the back and they play alone This lost the essence of the game.

F**k that, bump for 2 client max. I could easily run 6+ clients but what fun is that? Fun part about this game is meeting people. Stop being antisocial and make some friends. 

The higher the client max, the more irrelevant you make support mains. Everybody becomes a boxed bleep, and nobody is gonna look for those supports when it comes to end game material/raids. Why try to find a WC when you have one boxed? Why waste your time trying to find a BD/SWS when you have those too? Sure its great being able to grind solo, but that's just how we kill the game faster. Just my opinion though, feel free to think differently. 

2 minutes ago, Juji said:

The Multibox limit for the Classic Server will be 3 clients per PC.

Will it be possible to play live and classic from same account at the same time?

Also quick note, you are only to be able to run 3 l2 clients total, be it live and classic combined. 

Archived