Limit Box

sztank

4 minutes ago, Juji said:

The Multibox limit for the Classic Server will be 3 clients per PC.

RIP, making a big mistake its not stopping people from boxing more than 3 just causing them a minor inconvenience. So why not waste my time and the rest of the servers to set up our 2nd and 3rd computers.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • L2 Team
3 minutes ago, Surgical said:

Will it be possible to play live and classic from same account at the same time?

Also quick note, you are only to be able to run 3 l2 clients total, be it live and classic combined. 

We are waiting on a configuration change from Dev to see if 6 clients (3 Classic and 3 Live) can be loaded at the same time for both. 

7 minutes ago, existenz said:

the more boxes the more people will play alone...

and if you haven't played classic before is torture to try to lvl up alone...

have played it before for 3 years on EU, its not for leveling up mains alone... its for when u are board and want to mess around on a side project.

spoiler, pp, bd, sws min 4 accounts...

just give VIP 4 players extra boxes. 

PLZ tell me why? 6+,6,5,4,3 boxes? if you looking for easy game go play normal version, IF someone wanna back in time and play classic make 1, max 2 chars. This game is not like WoW where everyone have to get max lvl to start enjoy game. Hunting without soul shots.. looking for buffer, thats the rl way how i remember "old" times.

To allow more balance between active DPS Classes and active Support Classes, you should just allow 1-2 game clients per IP/PC. I mean with 3 or even 6 clients, 6 days a week all will have Support Boxes again. This basically killed the Active Supports in between and all around Clans. In future when things get nasty in mass PvP or Castles Sieges all will be crying for Active Supports all over, when there is none in decent level range to be taken, except for the Constant Parties. It's a Deja Vu all over again.

Just now, CoffeeTime said:

To allow more balance between active DPS Classes and active Support Classes, you should just allow 1-2 game clients per IP/PC. I mean with 3 or even 6 clients, 6 days a week all will have Support Boxes again. This basically killed the Active Supports in between and all around Clans. In future when things get nasty in mass PvP or Castles Sieges all will be crying for Active Supports all over, when there is none in decent level range to be taken, except for the Constant Parties. It's a Deja Vu all over again.

Hell yeah CoffeeTime! Give this man a beer!

Why would that happen?

Lets say you go active support, and roll a SWS.

You prepare for not having party!!!

You start an alt WC or PP and another character lets say tyrant to farm.

Anytime you dont have party, you level ur alts, if it happens a lot  the tyrant/wc will reach your level, so u can go on ur own.

You get to lategame, and become an active SWS support :D

I cant see where is the problem? (Altho its beyond me how any1 couldnt find a party as a SWS but just as example)

again you guys do know this does not stop one person from loading more than 3 clients. It just means said person needs to use their 2nd computer to load 3 more. absolutely nothing changes lol 

just make it 6 clients per pc and no one will bother with the 2nd computer 

1 minute ago, Cardano said:

Why would that happen?

Lets say you go active support, and roll a SWS.

You prepare for not having party!!!

You start an alt WC or PP and another character lets say tyrant to farm.

Anytime you dont have party, you level ur alts, if it happens a lot  the tyrant/wc will reach your level, so u can go on ur own.

You get to lategame, and become an active SWS support :D

I cant see where is the problem? (Altho its beyond me how any1 couldnt find a party as a SWS but just as example)

Anyone that is serious about classic already has a CP so no issues finding groups for xp time...

The reason to play Classic video games is to have fun and play actively with other players. It is no fun where all players all over again start to login with 1,2,3,4,5,6 of their own accounts from the same IP. There is no social reason to play video games like this at this time, unlike a proffesional gold farmer. I'd rather would see Juji will not allow 3 Clients per PC, but 3 Clients per IP/Household. I don't see any reason for people to login more then 3 characters at the same time in the same server. Unless you are in the RMT bussiness for gold, account and item selling in the long term, as it happened before and you all know it. 9 players parties with 9 active players, NOT 1 driver and 8 macro BOT loop from same server bracket.

The people who really want to do more than 3-box are able to already somehow... why not just make this so you can play 6 instances instead of 3 like u were saying, in case those who play on the Chronos server (who invested a lot of time and money) can also play to their heart's content on the L2 Classic server?

The Producer announced today on stream* that he doesn't want it to happen, so I guess that's that.  Doesn't matter what excuse they come up with, even though it is possible for them to resolve this.  Their game though.  I feel bad for those who wanted to keep actively playing Chronos but now can't enjoy the benefits of the new server due to having to disconnect from Chronos on their other alt/main chars to avoid an artificially placed maximum client limitation.  Sad to see they're just encouraging people to find alternatives around the unnecessary limitations that they place on their playerbase; ultimately demeaning the investment many players made on their Chronos server originally.

I think 6 box is enough.We want go play on classic 4 ppl.Necro+BD+SE+PP.All 4 aktiv ppl,but some times we have different work.Then when any1 want alone here he can log this char and can exp all,when others is offline.This is our case.For that i want minimum 5 box,seems like ideal.

I mean it's honestly just a simple number change from 3 to 4 or more.  Simple GameGuard update..  At least allow 1 more client to be open so people can continue to use their 3 characters on Chronos and 1 extra character for the L2 Classic Experience...

On 9/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, Juji said:

We are waiting on a configuration change from Dev to see if 6 clients (3 Classic and 3 Live) can be loaded at the same time for both. 

Just increase it to 4, gives people the chance to use what they're used to and play an extra character on the new Classic server.  Sorry for the double-post.

By the way, your pan skills were wonderful.  They were great in fact.  RIP that Elpy though.  You were great on stream.  Look forward to more.

Archived