Gabe

1 hour ago, Juji said:

The timezones for the servers are below:
Talking Island = GMT-2*
Giran = GMT+1

You can find out more details on XIGNCOD3 and what it does below:
https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001298583-What-Is-XIGNCODE3-
https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001298563-XIGNCODE3-FAQ

Yes, these new skills will be in our version.

Currently Juji has stated the above time zones for the two servers. I think we can all agree that we want a server more oriented towards the North/South American gaming community.

With North and South America spanning from GMT-2 (Islands off of Argentina/Brasil) to GMT-8 (West Coast of Canada and US), a server timezone of GMT -4 seems like a happy medium for all players.

With Talking Island as a GMT -4 Server....

If you lived in Sao Paulo, Rio De Janeiro or Buenos Aires:

• Castle Sieges would start at 9pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 9pm to 1am.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 10pm.

If you lived in Puerto Rico, St Kitts, or Bolivia:

• Castle Sieges would start at 8pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 8pm to Midnight.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 9pm.

If you lived in Toronto, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, DC, or Miami:

• Castle Sieges would start at 7pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 7pm to 11pm.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 8pm.

If you lived in Chicago, Dallas, or Mexico City:

• Castle Sieges would start at 6pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 6pm to 10pm.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 7pm.

If you lived in Denver, Edmonton, or Salt Lake City:

• Castle Sieges would start at 5pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 5pm to 9pm.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 6pm.

If you lived in Vancouver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle:

• Castle Sieges would start at 4pm on Sunday.
  • Olympiad would be from 4pm to 8pm.
  • Daily Raids would spawn at 5pm.

Show support for a -4 GMT Talking Island by replying to this thread or putting a Heart as a reaction to this thread!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • L2 Team

I mentioned in the news topic for Classic that we will be considering a change to one of the time zones for the servers. We definitely welcome the feedback and suggestions.

54 minutes ago, Juji said:

We will consider reviewing the server time zones again with the team. 

The siege times are currently not set since they will be introduced a little later after launch.

8 hours ago, Stormie said:

Talking Island -4 GMT East coast 

Giran -8 GMT West coast 

Giran -6 GMT then ...
And Talking island +1 GMT ...
That's the most reasonable choice ... 
You should accept that there are a lot of EU players on NA since the times Naia was based on EU ... So, your suggestions are extreme ... :)

5 minutes ago, Limerence said:

Giran -6 GMT then ...
And Talking island +1 GMT ...
That's the most reasonable choice ... 
You should accept that there are a lot of EU players on NA since the times Naia was based on EU ... So, your suggestions are extreme ... :)

IMO if EU wants to play classic thats why Innova has an offical EU Classic server with EU Time zone server events.

If EU players want to come play on NA Classic they need to deal with NA time zone event. 

Its what all of us did for the last 3 years on EU Classic.

Just now, Stormie said:

IMO if EU wants to play classic thats why Innova has an offical EU Classic server with EU Time zone server events.

If EU players want to come play on NA Classic they need to deal with NA time zone event. 

Its what all of us did for the last 3 years on EU Classic.

If EU players wanna come and play on NCWest it's their choice and you have absolutely no power over that player base ... It was your choice to play on Skelth ... NCWest was always a company who wanted to reach to players of different continents... Review NCWest's history and you will see that ... So, no ... One server will be on EU Timezone whether you actually like it or not ... :)

1 hour ago, Limerence said:

If EU players wanna come and play on NCWest it's their choice and you have absolutely no power over that player base ... It was your choice to play on Skelth ... NCWest was always a company who wanted to reach to players of different continents... Review NCWest's history and you will see that ... So, no ... One server will be on EU Timezone whether you actually like it or not ... :)

Well if i had it my way this would not be the case since EU already has their own classic server. But i can only voice my opinions and hope the GM team hears the player base.

If NCSoft insists on only 1 server having an NA time zone then it needs to closer to the middle of the country -6 or -5 imo.

1 hour ago, Stormie said:

Well if i had it my way this would not be the case since EU already has their own classic server. But i can only voice my opinions and hope the GM team hears the player base.

so ask them to make 2 NA timezone servers and 1 EU timezone server 

problem solved !

according to what you say american community has more than enough to make their 2 servers full

3 minutes ago, Feedlee said:

so ask them to make 2 NA timezone servers and 1 EU timezone server 

problem solved !

according to what you say american community has more than enough to make their 2 servers full

i would take that compromise. 

there will be plenty of players.

36 minutes ago, Kadden said:

+1 

NA server needs NA timezones. EU already has their server with their own timezones.

What if everyone can not afford for subscribe? NA has servers for eu timezones since its born. U want to change it right now ? why? isn't it selfish?

Giran server made for players in EU. If they thought NA needs 2 servers, there would be 3 server in list.

Guys... EU players should have their own timezones and their own servers. It will help prevent raid bosses spawns at weird hours of the night for either NA or EU.

I agree one server should be EU and the other be NA. We do not want to greatly divide the NA players from each other with two servers dedicated to NA timezones, this is how servers die and merges happen.

I agree with Gabes post that the time zones should be -4 GMT for Talking Island. Sieges have always been at this time for a very long time and most if not all NA and if EU players chooses to be on talking island server can participate at this time if they so choose to play on a NA server.

3 minutes ago, LightRider said:

Guys... EU players should have their own timezones and their own servers. It will help prevent raid bosses spawns at weird hours of the night for either NA or EU.

I agree one server should be EU and the other be NA. We do not want to greatly divide the NA players from each other with two servers dedicated to NA timezones, this is how servers die and merges happen.

I agree with Gabes post that the time zones should be -4 GMT for Talking Island. Sieges have always been at this time for a very long time and most if not all NA and if EU players chooses to be on talking island server can participate at this time if they so choose to play on a NA server.

If its only 1 NA time zone server -4 will not be acceptable to a large portion of the population. -6 at a minimum.

14 hours ago, Juji said:

I mentioned in the news topic for Classic that we will be considering a change to one of the time zones for the servers. We definitely welcome the feedback and suggestions.

Dear @Juji,

Hope all is going well with the preparation regarding the new project.

I wish you to consider the following when making a decision regarding the timezone of your EU server:

No opportunities for EU players to play on NCSOFT official servers. Before this announcement clients from Europe were not able to move anywhere else from Innova's official servers for the classic version of the game. No competition component resulted in a low-quality service and loss of players. Finally, clients are given an opportunity to move to a different vendor. Changing Giran to a different timezone rather than GMT+1 will deliver a certain discomfort when thinking of moving from the Innova's server. So I would like you to consider an opportunity of NOT changing anything with regards to the timezone of the server, Giran. Please give the EU clients a chance to taste a different service.

Many thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Infuzion said:

Dear @Juji,

Hope all is going well with the preparation regarding the new project.

I wish you to consider the following when making a decision regarding the timezone of your EU server:

No opportunities for EU players to play on NCSOFT official servers. Before this announcement clients from Europe were not able to move anywhere else from Innova's official servers for the classic version of the game. No competition component resulted in a low-quality service and loss of players. Finally, clients are given an opportunity to move to a different vendor. Changing Giran to a different timezone rather than GMT+1 will deliver a certain discomfort when thinking of moving from the Innova's server. So I would like you to consider an opportunity of NOT changing anything with regards to the timezone of the server, Giran. Please give the EU clients a chance to taste a different service.

Many thanks in advance.

Seriously? You're asking for an NA server to have EU timezones so that EU players can play "comfortably". This is so inconsiderate, especially because EU has had their own Classic server for YEARS now. 

Just don't be ridiculous, -4 is a compromise. 

+1

I'm with Gabe's suggestion, GMT -4 (or even -3/-5) for Talking Island is perfect for Brazil / Latam people.

People from North America and South America need their attention to this timezone matter. NCWest has the license and partners all over South America, you guys can see it at their website. GMT +1 and something more than GMT -5 (like GMT -6 and more) is very bad to people who need to work, siege/oly time working or past midnight is not a good thing.

The thing is that all Americas has an extense timezone list, we need 2 servers, west coast Americans diserves the right to play the game at the comfort of their homes after work, like east coast and South Americans ppl.

12 minutes ago, Bluephies said:

NCwest has always had European players and European servers.

Just because some other company has a license for Europe for both GoD and Classic servers does not mean NCwest has to change any of their long-running services for European players.

Ok, but it's not fair to deliver the servers timezone for EU people and leave South Americans in the rain.

Archived