Forums

Remove looping macro

SpeedStick

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LordDragnil said:

LOL, I though the bots were the worst thing..

its common sense that bots are the worst. loop macro has something to do with the game functionality and feature that is debatable.

Bots are a fundamental problem that we don't need to discuss because we all agree :) 

29 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Looping macros are useful for automatic buffing, but hurt the server when they are used to automate hunting.  A simple solution is to not allow attacking skills to be placed in looping macros.  

A player with 3 toons on macro won't really "hurt" the hunting experience. If you have a full active party, you will exp faster than him, and he won't bother you anyway...

1 hour ago, Fishfood said:

With the 3 box limit looping macros should be fine its just a QoL thing, otherwise people use nostromo same shit

Nostrome, Synapse. Literally any program can repeat in-game actions and act like a looped macro.
Easier to just have the macro already.

55 minutes ago, killerPrice said:

A player with 3 toons on macro won't really "hurt" the hunting experience. If you have a full active party, you will exp faster than him, and he won't bother you anyway...

if everyone is doing that you will not find party

55 minutes ago, killerPrice said:

Nostrome, Synapse. Literally any program can repeat in-game actions and act like a looped macro.
Easier to just have the macro already.

is better to forbid Nostrome and Synapse rather than make an official one.

1 minute ago, existenz said:

if everyone is doing that you will not find party

is better to forbid Nostrome and Synapse rather than make an official one.

I have been playing Lineage 2 for over a decade and I can assure you that players that use boxed toons/supports have almost no tie with players who search for party to do dailies/Exp groups.
Especially on the beggining of the server, where everybody is nearly the same level range, you will have NO problem finding a group to exp, and maybe someone inside those groups can benefit from the looped macros while they go to the bathroom or open up a door, or something. While the people who play with small groups and use boxes won't ever be in your mind while you do your thing.

All in all, Nostrome, Synapse or whatever LEGAL program that automates SOME part of the game shouldn't be treated as a problem. Lineage 2 is a grinding game, yes. Classic version, much more. You have to understand that everyone plays this game differently: Some can play all day, some can only play 1 or 2 hours a day, some can only play at weekends, or on intervals of 30 minutes while they cook or study or whatever. Not having BOTs would be superb for the server, especially on the start server. But macros? They are not a problem and won't affect other people experiences.

9 minutes ago, killerPrice said:

I have been playing Lineage 2 for over a decade and I can assure you that players that use boxed toons/supports have almost no tie with players who search for party to do dailies/Exp groups.
Especially on the beggining of the server, where everybody is nearly the same level range, you will have NO problem finding a group to exp, and maybe someone inside those groups can benefit from the looped macros while they go to the bathroom or open up a door, or something. While the people who play with small groups and use boxes won't ever be in your mind while you do your thing.

All in all, Nostrome, Synapse or whatever LEGAL program that automates SOME part of the game shouldn't be treated as a problem. Lineage 2 is a grinding game, yes. Classic version, much more. You have to understand that everyone plays this game differently: Some can play all day, some can only play 1 or 2 hours a day, some can only play at weekends, or on intervals of 30 minutes while they cook or study or whatever. Not having BOTs would be superb for the server, especially on the start server. But macros? They are not a problem and won't affect other people experiences.

loop macro is the main reason why people cant do raid bosses in skelth

On 9/22/2018 at 7:53 AM, Dictator said:

Macros are fine, and I'm glad there won't be item drops upon death, it made a lot of players quit on the other classics.

I was one of them, dropping  a Light Bow in Alligators to a mob while in PVP was a total rage quit as it was my 2nd one.

6 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Ppl want hardcore gameplay... but the reality is they dont really want it :D

Simple: if gear is droppable = population - 300

if server is pay2play = population - 500

and so on...

To be honest, i stopped believing that those things would actually prevent anyone from playing.
I mean...look at the EU/RU/NA versions of lineage 2, with people running around with +16 sets, level 3 dragon weapons and 6x Level 6 Brooch Jewels, and STILL the "common" players are playing all those servers. They know they don't have a chance to win PvP or Olympiad, but they find some fun on doing their daily activities in-game and interacting with their friends

I don't really get why people cry for the GOOD improvements we get. Looping macro is actually a really usefull thing. It allows you to keep ur dances/songs up w/o the necessity to switch or to keep the timing in ur mind. You can also put ur own toons in assist and help you and ur party with dps on mobs. 
You know what's the difference between bots and macros? Bots do everything they want, macros don't. It can help you with PVE but it's not gonna be of any use in PVP since you wont leave ur toon into a macro while PVPing. Also, you still need to move at least 1 char by urself since the macro got a range and it doesn't switch target when the mob is dead. 
Classic is not live server where you can put ur toon on a macro inside Harnak with next target + AOE skills and sleep. In the classic the hunt speed is way lower since ur land by far lesser damage and you're not sure how many hits will take for hunt a mob. Even if you keep 1 hitting the mobs, spots are pretty much 'dispersive' so you wont be able to just go afk with a 'next target - nuke' macro or who knows where you'll end up getting stuck. 

20 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

I don't really get why people cry for the GOOD improvements we get. Looping macro is actually a really usefull thing. It allows you to keep ur dances/songs up w/o the necessity to switch or to keep the timing in ur mind. You can also put ur own toons in assist and help you and ur party with dps on mobs. 
You know what's the difference between bots and macros? Bots do everything they want, macros don't. It can help you with PVE but it's not gonna be of any use in PVP since you wont leave ur toon into a macro while PVPing. Also, you still need to move at least 1 char by urself since the macro got a range and it doesn't switch target when the mob is dead. 
Classic is not live server where you can put ur toon on a macro inside Harnak with next target + AOE skills and sleep. In the classic the hunt speed is way lower since ur land by far lesser damage and you're not sure how many hits will take for hunt a mob. Even if you keep 1 hitting the mobs, spots are pretty much 'dispersive' so you wont be able to just go afk with a 'next target - nuke' macro or who knows where you'll end up getting stuck. 

go to skelth and see how damage looping macro did there...

Archived