Remove looping macro

SpeedStick

3 minutes ago, GaM6iT said:

I think the theme of using the loop macros will be closed if the players are sure that the bot programs on the server are not, right?

The whole problem is that the players want to using a cycle of macros, even though it's like catching up with people who use the bot of the program.

you will never catch up with people that bot even with loop macro because you cant main assist 24/7.

The only thing that you will achieve with loop macro is -at some point- to ruin the social aspect of the game and the interaction with other players

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Apologies for my delay in response to this hot topic on the macro system. The auto loop macro functionality is currently in our build for the Classic Server, but we have an outstanding request with the Dev team to remove it. I will keep you updated once we hear back from Dev on its removal and truly hope it can be implemented in time for the launch next week. 

Best Regards,
Juji

can you remove the client max of 3, so we can actually make use of the macros if we have good computers and not a server farm of cheap pcs like the chinafarmers got?

besides, if I wanted to make a nuker I'd need a PP, SE, and EE, but with the 3 clients max I can't make 1 with the ideal buffers. therefore I won't make 1. why do we have 3 clients max again? lets say I have a DD, a prophet, and a SE. i cant bring soulshots on an alt char to my exp spot with the use of a 4th client unless I have a 2nd pc. i also cant box a shop char as I exp.

if you cant remove the autoloop macros can you at least remove the 3 clients max plz? thank you.

3 minutes ago, existenz said:

you will never catch up with people that bot even with loop macro because you cant main assist 24/7.

The only thing that you will achieve with loop macro is -at some point- to ruin the social aspect of the game and the interaction with other players

For me to play without boxes and window characters, this is the most important.
I do not have the task of catching up with the bots, I want that people who do not use the bot should look for me in their group, and not a new computer that would load three more boxes / windows

2 minutes ago, BodybuilderIRL said:

can you remove the client max of 3, so we can actually make use of the macros if we have good computers and not a server farm of cheap pcs like the chinafarmers got?

besides, if I wanted to make a nuker I'd need a PP, SE, and EE, but with the 3 clients max I can't make 1 with the ideal buffers. therefore I won't make 1. why do we have 3 clients max again? lets say I have a DD, a prophet, and a SE. i cant bring soulshots on an alt char to my exp spot with the use of a 4th client unless I have a 2nd pc. i also cant box a shop char as I exp.

if you cant remove the autoloop macros can you at least remove the 3 clients max plz? thank you.

This game is about making friends and enemies, not being a solo warrior.

Yall need to get out of the mind set of doing this all on your own.

Also to combat botters and RMT the 3 clients cap should remain. 3 is enough if you want to be a solo warrior.

Lastly about the soulshots, make some friends that will run them out to you on their off time. If you are worried about losing your xp spot well you better be ready to fight for it.

Good luck

10 минут назад, BodybuilderIRL сказал:

можете ли вы удалить максимум для клиента 3, чтобы мы могли фактически использовать макросы, если у нас есть хорошие компьютеры, а не ферма серверов из дешевых ПК, как у фарфора?

кроме того, если бы я хотел сделать nuker, мне понадобились бы PP, SE и EE, но с 3-мя максимальными клиентами я не смог бы сделать 1 с идеальным буфером. поэтому я не буду делать 1. Почему у нас снова 3 клиента max? скажем, у меня есть ДД, пророк и SE. я не могу принести soulshots на alt char в мое место для эксплойта с использованием 4-го клиента, если у меня нет 2-го компьютера. Я также не могу открыть магазин.

если вы не можете удалить макросы autoloop, вы можете удалить хотя бы 3 клиента max plz? Спасибо.

Why do you need at least 2 clients?
Choose a class that you love and play only to them, why create a farm?
The client limit will not allow the bot program to create thirty characters, and three are too few for the effective pumping, I would advise you to create only one window \ client then how many bot program 24/7 will earn money by one window / client? I think no more than your group of 9/9 live people for the same 3-4 hours of play in a better zone

Playing without boxes and windows, you can, and you can also live in your dream world my friend...

Might be a painful awakening :D

Anyways i see the recipe now:

- open a topic on forums about what u want
 - make it controversial so people reply to it 100 times (lets say: Petition i need to get 1million starter adena - easy 500 replies)
 - GM logs on and sees "oh there is a topic with 500 replies! it must be important! lets implement them changes, must be good for community" :D

1 minute ago, Nevelina said:

there goes the old lineage 2 play experience.... Why bother playing at all then if you have a macro like that?! I really had high hopes with the classic announcement but now all I see is a big fail.

LoL , the experience will continue .. CP will play in CP, Clan with Clan and Solo players alone as always.

Macro isnt BoT !! Its nowhere near what a bot can do

People are talking about things they dont even know. Box limit is not a problem for botters, they can bypass pretty easily. 

Looping macros are not a bad feature. It's good for solo players with supports and for full CP's too. It's making our life easier and less frustrating. Bots and 1sided server killed Skelth, not looping macros. Looping macros are a counterway to bots and RMT which always has been a problem on classic servers.

If dev's remove looping macros in few weeks people will be crying blood.

Initially, my friends and I saw that the Russian server was opening on October 2, but after reading that there were macros, we immediately abandoned it, then we saw that we would have our own class without a cycle of macros and said "YES YES IT" if there is a cycle of macros as in the Russian where not who does not want to play what is the point? There is even a solution, those who need macros can go to play with them, I have many Russian friends who want to go play with us, because we do not have a macro cycle, they know about the blocking of their countries, but they are looking for a solution to play in best game

18 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

If the game is too hard, don’t play it. 

Where did I say the game is hard? Game is not hard at all, it is too time demanding and repetitive and macro looping ease those things out and it should not be removed as a feature.

11 minutes ago, Tr0ller said:

People are talking about things they dont even know. Box limit is not a problem for botters, they can bypass pretty easily. 

Looping macros are not a bad feature. It's good for solo players with supports and for full CP's too. It's making our life easier and less frustrating. Bots and 1sided server killed Skelth, not looping macros. Looping macros are a counterway to bots and RMT which always has been a problem on classic servers.

If dev's remove looping macros in few weeks people will be crying blood.

You do not understand what you are asking for, I was invited to game two Russian servers off, you come in the evening with room a monster there is one person and he has 9 clients he kills monsters faster than your group, and he collects all the things only he, you beat him but he does not react, you kill all his 9 clients, but he has a goal to sell adena for money, and in two three minutes, he comes again, naturally a live group of 9 clients, would protect his own note, but one person with 9 clients other tasks, you did not think why the Russians flee from their  macros to where they do not exist?

@Juji

I completely understand both sides of this argument.

However, you have two distinct groups of RMT farmers incoming to this server who will be using illegal 3rd party, and account sharing to farm RMT 24/7.

Looping macros can assist them, however, it benefits live/legit players A LOT more than them, as most of them will be botting. The kind of grind times that will be needed to be TOP level and relevant to server is insane.

Your average player base (those of us who started in teens/20s without families, have families now and most will not be able to "nolife" for 10-12+++ hours per day (without breaks). Loop macro allows a healer to take bio, a buffer to be boxed when dinner is ready, a phone call to be taken, and in my opinion it was one of the best/worst things to ever happen to L2.

Anyone with a nostromo/logitech can replicate the macros anyway(often better than the slow delayed ingame ones), so why remove them? This seems like a decision to benefit RMT/Botters rather than legit players.

Thought about that however, nostromo is for 1 client.

"I completely understand both sides of this argument." a miracle occured ^^ some1 understands 2 sides of the argument

Botters: one of my clanmates say on discord now that they have new botprotection and it detects even the better ones. If i see that botters get caught, its better, but still why take away macros.

1 minute ago, Tamlin said:

@Juji

Looping macros can assist them, however, it benefits live/legit players A LOT more than them, as most of them will be botting. The kind of grind times that will be needed to be TOP level and relevant to server is insane.

Story short - you allow looping-macroses - you force top players to make 24/7 trains - they accumulate so much money that regular players have zero chances to compete.

The End.

p.s. ask RU and EU players - they will confirm.

2 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Thought about that however, nostromo is for 1 client.

"I completely understand both sides of this argument." a miracle occured ^^ some1 understands 2 sides of the argument

Botters: one of my clanmates say on discord now that they have new botprotection and it detects even the better ones. If i see that botters get caught, its better, but still why take away macros.

They, I REPEAT, will not keep up with them (the RMTers), When these groups are dedicated, unless they have a GM who will be online 24/7 to ban them over and over, they are a persistent thorn and will be around, 100% guaranteed.

Again, taking away looping macros will do more to stop legit players having full parties leveling than anyone else. This has become the norm of part of how to play now. The curve of XP is already HARD, most wont survive that alone, taking away looping macroes, you lose even more. I want the community to be as big as possible for as long as possible.

Please consider a poll here before you make the decision Juji!

2 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Apologies for my delay in response to this hot topic on the macro system. The auto loop macro functionality is currently in our build for the Classic Server, but we have an outstanding request with the Dev team to remove it. I will keep you updated once we hear back from Dev on its removal and truly hope it can be implemented in time for the launch next week. 

Best Regards,
Juji

Yeah can you like, not. Why change the game for the kids who cry. Looping macros help out everyone. having your prophet follow you with auto follow macro or heal you every 5 seconds while in a fight is just extremely useful. Now we lose this because what, like 6 kids cried? Jesus.

1 minute ago, Kladroun said:

Story short - you allow looping-macroses - you force top players to make 24/7 trains - they accumulate so much money that regular players have zero chances to compete.

The End.

regular "solo" players won't be competitive without RMT anyway, comeon bro, get real. Have you been playing the game for 14.5 years too? Its ALWAYS been this way.

That "top" player you are talking about will drop $$$ on top C/B, powerleveling, etc. Do you want the P2W wallets to be the only competition on server? The problem is, I know many of them, people who have zero issue dropping tens of thousands of $$ a year into L2 just to be top. I know a person willing to drop $5k on top C armor/weapon as soon as it's available. The average joe/family guy cannot compete with that, the poor countries players cant compete with that. Give them a chance to CP a full 9 man, farm materials, XP, like the TOP will anyway.

14 minutes ago, Kladroun said:

we wont.

told ya, you guys have no idea what you are asking for. we can talk later if we got no looping and you get raped by a 6x russian mage 24/7 bot assisted while you sit at 42.

we can talk later when inflaction hits the server because of RMTers botting 24/7 while you have to handclick each target for the maximum 2h you're going to play.

2 minutes ago, Tamlin said:

Again, taking away looping macros will do more to stop legit players having full parties leveling than anyone else. This has become the norm of part of how to play now.

Yeaaaah, "norm of how to play now". Tell that to healers, who should sit and look at HP bars for hours no matter what, when DD's and Bard's can play as main assister for 20 minutes and go afk for 1 hour.

And now when looping macroses are not working, our poor DD's can't exp because its so hard to sit in front of the monitor for more then 1 hour. Why should DD's go through such cruelty?

Just now, Tr0ller said:

we wont.

told ya, you guys have no idea what you are asking for. we can talk later if we got no looping and you get raped by a 6x russian mage bot assisting 24/7 while you still at 42.

we can talk later when inflaction hits the server because of RMTers botting 24/7 the time while you have to handclick each target for the maximum 2h you're going to play.

xD exactly.

They just don't understand what removing macro will do to the server. Don't understand poor kids in other countries play this as a job. No macro = death of competition unless you pay for it by RMT. period.

7 minutes ago, Tamlin said:

regular "solo" players won't be competitive without RMT anyway, comeon bro, get real. Have you been playing the game for 14.5 years too? Its ALWAYS been this way.

That "top" player you are talking about will drop $$$ on top C/B, powerleveling, etc. Do you want the P2W wallets to be the only competition on server? The problem is, I know many of them, people who have zero issue dropping tens of thousands of $$ a year into L2 just to be top. I know a person willing to drop $5k on top C armor/weapon as soon as it's available. The average joe/family guy cannot compete with that, the poor countries players cant compete with that. Give them a chance to CP a full 9 man, farm materials, XP, like the TOP will anyway.

There's an retarded brazilian guy who lives illegaly on US that already paid (1week ago) for farmers to drive his character until 70.

And there's people thinking the big problems are loping macro.

Archived