Remove looping macro

SpeedStick

How can anyone want looping macros? I want to play a game - not run a server room.

With looping macros then I'm forced to do it as well because otherwise I will be way behind.

What is the incentive to form groups if everyone just has 3 boxes running 24/7? Then everyone can meet once a week in a siege and that's it for interacting with the other players in the world?

No get rid of those damn looping macros just like it was the case in classic L2 and then have GMs ban those damn bots.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Tamlin said:

regular "solo" players won't be competitive without RMT anyway, comeon bro, get real. Have you been playing the game for 14.5 years too? Its ALWAYS been this way.

That "top" player you are talking about will drop $$$ on top C/B, powerleveling, etc. Do you want the P2W wallets to be the only competition on server? The problem is, I know many of them, people who have zero issue dropping tens of thousands of $$ a year into L2 just to be top. I know a person willing to drop $5k on top C armor/weapon as soon as it's available. The average joe/family guy cannot compete with that, the poor countries players cant compete with that. Give them a chance to CP a full 9 man, farm materials, XP, like the TOP will anyway.

I agree totally.TOP players will always be one way or another.Removing looping macro is the same as removing casual playstyle.PPL who are really casual players and not some "oh im casual but i still care for stuff like that cause l2 is life and i still have old excel for crafting'' dont even care about the top stuff.They just wanna play their lil old game  to pass some free time. About the making friends thing,u can make friends and have fun even with looping macros.Trying to find ppl to help me when i log in after work or checking my friendlist to find anyone  everytime isnt the best for me.

8 minutes ago, Taunt said:

Yeah can you like, not. Why change the game for the kids who cry. Looping macros help out everyone. having your prophet follow you with auto follow macro or heal you every 5 seconds while in a fight is just extremely useful. Now we lose this because what, like 6 kids cried? Jesus.

Wtf. Looping Macros were put in because little kids like you cried for it. What ruined L2 pvp was people having healer spam bots trailing behind them making them be able to 5v1 any group without a healer. How is it fair/fun to have an NPC sitting behind you spamming heal in a fight? 

4 minutes ago, Zaaka said:

How can anyone want looping macros? I want to play a game - not run a server room.

With looping macros then I'm forced to do it as well because otherwise I will be way behind.

What is the incentive to form groups if everyone just has 3 boxes running 24/7? Then everyone can meet once a week in a siege and that's it for interacting with the other players in the world?

No get rid of those damn looping macros just like it was the case in classic L2 and then have GMs ban those damn bots.

The incentive is: you can't do mid / end-game content with macros and only 3 boxes unless it's 1sided like EU Skelth. Looping macro is fine to minimize the gap between normal players and company's that will be there only for the RMT.

If you're thinking they will not ruing your gameplay i cant only tell you you are nothing but wrong.

Do people look at this through rose colored glasses? Bots have been at every level of L2 since right after its inception. They will be there on Classic. They dont care if they get banned, they will just restart another toon.

Macros is a leveling the playing field type of thing. I can play with hands, I can play with keyboard spam, I can play by macro. I don't bot, won't bot. I want everyone to be able to compete with them.

If they remove macros, have fun paying your russian overlord for the adena you will need for anything. kthxbai

7 minutes ago, Tr0ller said:

Looping macro is fine to minimize the gap between normal players and company's that will be there only for the RMT.

False. Level gap is nothing - Equipment gap is everything.

Allow RMT guys to have macros-trains -> good luck to compete them when you finally manage to hit the same level.

Oh and also good luck to protect your low level exp spot from them, when they need it for their train.

2 minutes ago, Kladroun said:

Allow RMT guys to have macros-trains -> good luck to compete them when you finally manage to hit the same level.

Well, they will have bot-trains anyway ... So whats your point?

the more i read the more i think most ppl are rmt/botters trying to remove macro "competition" lol

3 minutes ago, Tr0ller said:

The incentive is: you can't do mid / end-game content with macros and only 3 boxes unless it's 1sided like EU Skelth. Looping macro is fine to minimize the gap between normal players and company's that will be there only for the RMT.

If you're thinking they will not ruing your gameplay i cant only tell you you are nothing but wrong.

Your argumentation is just like the gun regulations in the US. Because of the risk that a criminal might carry a gun let's just weaponize all civilians instead of solving the real problem.

Let's have everyone run a bot train... And if you don't want to do that then forget playing the game normally. You will be out-levelled and out-adenaed - out of the game.

2 minutes ago, Kladroun said:

Oh and also good luck to protect your low level exp spot from them, when they need it for their train.

So removing looping macros will stop them from killing u to take the spot for trains? Are u serious? If they want the spot they will have it want it or not. It wont be with macros? It will be with other methods so waht u get?

Just now, xLinden said:

Well, they will have bot-trains anyway ... So whats your point?

the more i read the more i think most ppl are rmt/botters to go against macro "competition" lol

Difference is: bot - illegal, looping macroses - legal.

You can ban bots, you cant ban macros-trains.

5 minutes ago, Tamlin said:

Do people look at this through rose colored glasses? Bots have been at every level of L2 since right after its inception. They will be there on Classic. They dont care if they get banned, they will just restart another toon.

Macros is a leveling the playing field type of thing. I can play with hands, I can play with keyboard spam, I can play by macro. I don't bot, won't bot. I want everyone to be able to compete with them.

If they remove macros, have fun paying your russian overlord for the adena you will need for anything. kthxbai

If the looping macros are there then there will just be inflation because everyone will run "bot trains" 24/7. Then there will be more adena in the game and your extra adena are worth nothing. Let's all run server rooms instead of playing the game. What a great experience...

2 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Apologies for my delay in response to this hot topic on the macro system. The auto loop macro functionality is currently in our build for the Classic Server, but we have an outstanding request with the Dev team to remove it. I will keep you updated once we hear back from Dev on its removal and truly hope it can be implemented in time for the launch next week. 

Best Regards,
Juji

Shouldn't remove looping macros. You will directly increase botters, which is far worse than any looping group. We all know of the plague of scripters and botters that play freely on NCWest servers. At-least have the macro time out after 20 minutes or something, so the active players can have some time to scratch their balls while they right click their body2mind macro for example.

3 minutes ago, Kladroun said:

Difference is: bot - illegal, looping macroses - legal.

You can ban bots, you cant ban macros-trains.

and? normal people cant farm ? only botters/rmts?
If normal ones can farm without bot , they dont need spend money on RMT and instead spend on the game Store.

5 minutes ago, Zaaka said:

If the looping macros are there then there will just be inflation because everyone will run "bot trains" 24/7. Then there will be more adena in the game and your extra adena are worth nothing. Let's all run server rooms instead of playing the game. What a great experience...

so only bots are allowed ?? (macro isnt bot)

1 minute ago, xLinden said:

so only bots are allowed ?? (macro isnt bot)

Tbh I find it way better that bots have to be a bit subtle about their business because they are scared of being banned instead of everyone just doing it.

Ofc it requires that bots are being banned regularly.

2 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Apologies for my delay in response to this hot topic on the macro system. The auto loop macro functionality is currently in our build for the Classic Server, but we have an outstanding request with the Dev team to remove it. I will keep you updated once we hear back from Dev on its removal and truly hope it can be implemented in time for the launch next week. 

Best Regards,
Juji

1st u take the drop from mobs after death and now u take the loop macros, is there anything of classic in this game?

Just now, GniTs said:

1st u take the drop from mobs after death and now u take the loop macros, is there anything of classic in this game?

Did you play the classic experience in 2004? There were no looping macros there I can assure you.

Just now, Zaaka said:

Did you play the classic experience in 2004? There were no looping macros there I can assure you.

There werent QoL changes also...
And there was drop from mobs after death, so what are we going to play on 3rd october?

I wonder how many times people complained about bots/RMT and high prices on L2 store and how fast/easy those complaints were taken to the Devs..
On the other hand, i really hope they can block it all, if it comes to that. Block macros, block bots, block VPNs/Multiboxes, Block trading items bought from L2 store, so you can only make money by killing mobs or buying straight from someone else (bannable). And let's see who comes out on top.

20 minutes ago, Dorian said:

So removing looping macros will stop them from killing u to take the spot for trains? Are u serious? If they want the spot they will have it want it or not. It wont be with macros? It will be with other methods so waht u get?

Difference is that without looping macroses they need to work with hands, they need to use illegal soft, switch windows non-stop, and they cant legally put train into catacombs and go to sleep, while train is working. You have all mechanisms to fight against it. And do you even understand that with LEGAL bot inside of the game - you force every single player to have a train? I dont want to have a fcking train, but I must, because its legal part of the game.

I really dont understand what we are talking about, when we have 2 years of history on RU and EU servers and can look step by step what was happening after looping-macroses were added. And for some reason you think that here situation will be completely different.

By the way I can tell you that regular players from RU region are ready to play with 200 ping, with possibility to be banned here, just to play on a server without macroses.

8 minutes ago, Kladroun said:

Difference is that without looping macroses they need to work with hands, they need to use illegal soft, switch windows non-stop, and they cant legally put train into catacombs and go to sleep, while train is working. You have all mechanisms to fight against it. And do you even understand that with LEGAL bot inside of the game - you force every single player to have a train? I dont want to have a fcking train, but I must, because its legal part of the game.

I really dont understand what we are talking about, when we have 2 years of history on RU and EU servers and can look step by step what was happening after looping-macroses were added. And for some reason you think that here situation will be completely different.

By the way I can tell you that regular players from RU region are ready to play with 200 ping, with possibility to be banned here, just to play on a server without macroses.

Innova will open a new Russian Classic server literaly 1 day before NCsoft ( October 2 there). It will be a fight between who can grab more russians. And believe me: russians like paying the russian prices ( innova adjusts their Store/Promo prices to the russian currency, being 1/3 cheaper than on EU version)

6 minutes ago, killerPrice said:

Innova will open a new Russian Classic server literaly 1 day before NCsoft ( October 2 there). It will be a fight between who can grab more russians. And believe me: russians like paying the russian prices ( innova adjusts their Store/Promo prices to the russian currency, being 1/3 cheaper than on EU version)

Yes, I am just saying that main reason for RU players who wants to play here: 3-game clients block and disabled auto-macroses.

Do you realize that you can farm afk 24/7 with loop macros if you can run 9 clients? You dont need to play main assist active! A macro can do it. Loop parties destroyed the market on skelth. They could farm tons of adena afk (they were selling all materials on grocery because they used to make more than 80.000 animal bones/80.000 coals etc per day). Yeah, 80k animal bones! So they vendor them. Stones of purity used to cost 20-25k adena each. Now they cost 2k. Loop parties are the worst thing i have ever seen in l2. On later updates you can /nexttratget mobs only so you cant even make them flag.
But no! We need loop macros right?
Btw because you can make tons of adena by running a loop party, they force you to do it! If you dont, you are an idiot.

i cant imagine playing a game where every single player is given the opportunity to afk exp their character in groups/solo content. i know why ppl support it, cuz they're lazy and/or want a legit way to bot without ban. regardless, this is retarded.

if autolooping isnt removed at launch i wont be playing. may the rest of u have a pleasant afk experience along with every1 else u afk with and i wish u the best of luck.

this game is simply.. not worth my time... if it will be all automated.

Archived