Remove looping macro

SpeedStick

5 minutes ago, TrOLLw said:

Ignorance is not a excuse.Bake'em away boys.

unknown.png

Repeated macros are part of the functionality of the game so players can use them at their discretion. There are no sanctions provided for the use of game macros.
Any consequences of using repeated macros (lost items, experience) are the risks of the user who left their characters unattended.

On Skelth its legal

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Patro said:

You see why there is no point to keep up this conversation? You must be a potato if you cant dance/sing every 5 mins and right click again on the loop macro.

You can only have 1 looping macro active.

You cant keep assisting on every target and still keeping dance/song syncro. (he dont change screens to dance or song)

Very simple.

3 minutes ago, xLinden said:

You can only have 1 looping macro active.

You cant keep assisting on every target and still keeping dance/song syncro. (he dont change screens to dance or song)

Very simple.

Potato for sure!
As you can see he has 8 clients on this computer. But there are 9 chars in the party. Maybe he is a magician and playing 9 chars with 8 clients O.o
BD/SWS are on the 2nd computer.
A guy on the comments asked him how can he dance/sing and keep assisting with bd/sws as he does. The answer was: BD/SWS are on the 2nd pc
Find a guy who can speak russian and he can translate it for you or just use google translate.

3 hours ago, Kladroun said:

Bots were never a problem on EU/RU classic servers before auto-macroses. So they found a way to control it or maybe risks to lose everything in ban wave were too high.

If the bots were not a problem, why did they need to control them?

People say that "bots are unavoidable and that they are not a real problem", at the same time, "bot" (loop macros) for everyone is a problem? The problem is how many people are using it then? People have to decide if it is a problem or not in the first place.

What results in a good experience has nothing to do with the fact that the game is hardcore or not, but what experience it provides. Only a minority will say that the necessary interaction with other people and the PvP, are not the best things that lineage can provide. However, this experience comes from an insane and unhealthy grind in my opinion, unfortunately. Lineage, like any other game, is doomed to lose players when everyone is tired of the same experience provided.

All games have casual and hardcore players, and there will always be someone wanting to get ahead of others, this is not the issue, if it were the problem, Lineage would have to radically change its own mechanics. One of the reasons why WoW has been so successful has to do with the fact that it has been able to provide good experiences through more hardcore and casual content at the same time. But even they are doing a classic version, to provide the old experiences that were killed with the group finders, not simply because it was "hardcore". I do not want to make comparisons and talk about how the game should grow old(when it starts to decay and what to do to deal with it), but to point out that the more balanced the development of the farm in lineage, the better for everyone, neither looping macros, nor bots will solve the problem.

If someone think bots are not a problem, they have to admit that there is also no problem with loop macros. It looks like a way to "mitigate" a problem of the game and  I'll use it 24/7 if possible, no doubt, everyone should too.

33 minutes ago, Patro said:

Potato for sure!
As you can see he has 8 clients on this computer. But there are 9 chars in the party. Maybe he is a magician and playing 9 chars with 8 clients O.o
BD/SWS are on the 2nd computer.
A guy on the comments asked him how can he dance/sing and keep assisting with bd/sws as he does. The answer was: BD/SWS are on the 2nd pc
Find a guy who can speak russian and he can translate it for you or just use google translate.

You still didnt understand that Macro cant do what he does....
Only if he keep checking this other computer every ~4min for dance/song and restart the assist macro, what would kill anything you say about the macros.

I'm getting sick reading all the Russians talking about skelt, and trying to clear the path for bot trains w/o macros , I only care for my iss assist me for rebuff , when I'm alone ,  I don't do 24 hrs farming even with macros loop, that's not real on a adult life,  and this is a clear picture that RMT is coming hard , if juji take out macros , but not enforce gm action baning bots, or something , then maybe is better not spend in this project, they can't do nothing against Euro rmt, last year after they ban the ips, we have the serious ddos, now this @Juji serious man? I don't know for me look like clearing path for rmt, they even don't use macros because is inefective, macros dont resu, dont return to spot, jeesus, is hard to diference bots from macros? C'mon 

Why some one want to exp on macro 24/7? 

1.Get to the end game fast.

2.Farm all good spots by dlvl hes toons so he can stay there for ever and make money by selling the adena.

Well for the No1  let me tell you all the fun is on the ride not the end.If you work hard you can njoy more the end game trust me.

Nothing to say about No2 they see the game as business they never wanna really play this game .

If people say i have no time for exp mpla mpla mpla well l2 classic is not your game play l2 on live server and do only instance you need only 2 hours a day or play something else you think is fun to play. .

STOP WRITING ABOUT PEOPLE RUNNING FULL MACRO LOOPING PARTIES

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO THAT HERE

YOU CANNOT LOG IN MORE THAN 3 BOXES

THERE ARE NO SPOTS

THERE ARE NO CATAS

THERE WILL BE 100 RUSSIANS PKING YOU EVERYTIME YOU GET CLOSER TO A MOB

STOP GIVING YOUR OPINION ABOUT THINGS YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND

STOP

5 minutes ago, Cld said:

THERE ARE NO SPOTS

THERE ARE NO CATAS

STOP

You mean that botters will PK your autoloop "party" to get your grinding spot?

19 minutes ago, Cld said:

THERE ARE NO SPOTS

THERE ARE NO CATAS

STOP

Europeans are trying to kill our servers...

loop macros is a part of gameplay, it create by korean developers for more easy grinding.Who dont like the macros that can go to hell out of the game

In the 21st century  we should be able to have gaming functionality to facilitate the exping Nolifers in the minority they will not buy vip and game shop items and they will soon leave the game

I believe that a lot of what is fueling the positive sentiment for the removal of looping macros is nostalgia about how we played Lineage 2 in the early days when we were all younger. There's some realities of today that we should think about when delving back into Classic to re-live the experience: 

We're older now and can commit less time to playing l2, the grind in Classic is brutal and it's hard to spend every minute of the hour at your computer grinding with so many more responsibilities. Also, There is significantly more exposure and access to programs that enable players to go afk and still make progress (botting programs, macro software). While in general these are seen as illegal, I'm presently skeptical that we can confidently say they'll be prevented and those who play totally 'legit' are not in an unfair situation compared to those willing to bend the  rules. 

With that being said, I do think there's a genuine fear of what could come if macro loops are the baseline play experience. Namely full trains ran by 1 person, and the removal of meaningful world pvp/ganking because every group is an afk train. There's some things in Classic that alleviate these concerns for me personally: 1.5 is a small world, good exp/farm spots will be contested and attempting to macro loop a group with afk players can be griefed easily by trains or via pking which is cheap to clear with scrolls from the judge. 
Additionally, Box count is limited to 3 clients - for the most part this is going to prevent an individual from running an unreasonable amount of characters at once. While it is possible someone with extra machines will have access to this, it's significantly less accessible compared to bot or macro software.

Ultimately when considering these realities, looping macros is the lesser of all evils in consideration and provides the fairest playing field for all players. It's my best interest that these servers are thriving for months to come, and everyone who wants to come back and experience L2 again despite their real-life situation are able to. The removal of looping macros will result in players using illegal programs to gain a significant advantage over those who don't - causing them to slowly fall behind and quit. 

@Juji I understand there is a tech request outstanding to remove these macros. Please seriously consider the reality of what is expected out players in 2018 to keep up in Classic, and the value looping macros add to solve that problem without players looking to cheating as an alternative. 

53 minutes ago, Classick said:

The removal of looping macros will result in players using illegal programs to gain a significant advantage over those who don't - causing them to slowly fall behind and quit.

Allow looping macroses and players who wants to play competetive game will be forced to make trains. But you will have zero options to fight this system because its LEGAL. The only way to compete with them is to make your own trains. EU-RU servers learned this lesson, it looks like NA community does not want to learn on other's mistakes.

14 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Apologies for my delay in response to this hot topic on the macro system. The auto loop macro functionality is currently in our build for the Classic Server, but we have an outstanding request with the Dev team to remove it. I will keep you updated once we hear back from Dev on its removal and truly hope it can be implemented in time for the launch next week. 

Best Regards,
Juji

Naia server is full of bots,it coming back to the spot after the death on script  You cant beat  bot program but want to disable a legal function of the macro system, created by the developers for the players?

17 minutes ago, Kladroun said:

Allow looping macroses and players who wants to play competetive game will be forced to make trains. But you will have zero options to fight this system because its LEGAL. The only way to compete with them is to make your own trains. EU-RU servers learned this lesson, it looks like NA community does not want to learn on other's mistakes.

You can go back to your RU EU servers and advise them how to fix their "mistakes"

Archived