Remove looping macro

SpeedStick

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"autoloop macro" may bring a lot people to play on this server

and "multibox like 3per pc or 100" on a home network may do the same,

if NC allows that then its ok, its still a great chance to start playing

u will probably see many  "one man army"(one who controls 6-9 boxes)and sends them all to kill anything in a blink of an eyeO.o

it may feel a "bit" unfair:( for many reasons....

but in the end u gotta choose..having less fun at least by playing or having no fun at all by not playing

if u want to be competitive at all in one of the biggest grinding games you'll have no chance if autolooping macros is allowed. thats what i dont like. i care about competition. this is a competition killer, and thats why if it is implemented lineage 2 classic launch for NA will be a giant meme, nothing more.

no bd/sws/warsmith/bh playing with hands, only afk autolooped like a buff bish. it a meme most definitely, and it is quite sad.

I think auto-loop macro give a chance to ppl who work and study to farm a little when they can't play, make it more competitive against hard farms such 20 hours/day like some grinders. 

I respect who want to play with their fingers (and will be more effective for sure) but remove auto-looping macro will probably make these server fail.

Not at all. Myself and I am sure many  others here have a fulltime job and don't want the auto looping. It's supposed to be the classic experience from Lineage 2. I think to make things to easy and to automatic everything in a game just makes it worse. I won't touch it if they add it. I am not here to play the current version. If I would have liked auto looping etc....then i would have stuck to the current version. No reason in bringing out a classic server but then implementing everything from current versions. Shouldn't be called classic server then.  More like Best of Lineage 2  ( or worst of lineage 2 however you wanna see it ) or something like that.

9 minutes ago, Grundor said:

I think auto-loop macro give a chance to ppl who work and study to farm a little when they can't play,

ok i accept that, but what about those who do anything else when away from playing and farm a TONE when they "don't" wanna play

32 minutes ago, Grundor said:

I think auto-loop macro give a chance to ppl who work and study to farm a little when they can't play, make it more competitive against hard farms such 20 hours/day like some grinders. 

I respect who want to play with their fingers (and will be more effective for sure) but remove auto-looping macro will probably make these server fail.

ull stand a much better chance to compete if u are working fulltime/studying and there isn't a bunch of no lifers autolooping 3-9+ accounts 24/7. them having every single support, rez'r, etc, is not going to benefit u less. its going to destroy the economy as well. sure u can autoloop 1-2 chars and make like 1mil a day lets say, but the hardcore autoloopers will be 20x that autolooping entire parties in DVC. itll be disgusting. trust me, u do not want autolooping if u dont have much time to play. u will stand no chance at all with this implemented. your best shot is to play efficiently with what little time u do have to play and setup a sell/buy shop to play the market while u afk.

10 minutes ago, BodybuilderIRL said:

ull stand a much better chance to compete if u are working fulltime/studying and there isn't a bunch of no lifers autolooping 3-9+ accounts 24/7. them having every single support, rez'r, etc, is not going to benefit u less. its going to destroy the economy as well. sure u can autoloop 1-2 chars and make like 1mil a day lets say, but the hardcore autoloopers will be 20x that autolooping entire parties in DVC. itll be disgusting. trust me, u do not want autolooping if u dont have much time to play. u will stand no chance at all with this implemented. your best shot is to play efficiently with what little time u do have to play and setup a sell/buy shop to play the market while u afk.

Any decent 24/7 group doesn't even need autoloop, why would you need autoloop if ppl play 24h anyways? much sense?

Nobody will be competitive on this server by using autoloop, that much i can tell you

3 minutes ago, vsD said:

Any decent 24/7 group doesn't even need autoloop, why would you need autoloop if ppl play 24h anyways? much sense?

Nobody will be competitive on this server by using autoloop, that much i can tell you

lets just say autoloop makes things even worse :P

39 minutes ago, Nevelina said:

Not at all. Myself and I am sure many  others here have a fulltime job and don't want the auto looping. It's supposed to be the classic experience from Lineage 2. I think to make things to easy and to automatic everything in a game just makes it worse. I won't touch it if they add it. I am not here to play the current version. If I would have liked auto looping etc....then i would have stuck to the current version. No reason in bringing out a classic server but then implementing everything from current versions. Shouldn't be called classic server then.  More like Best of Lineage 2  ( or worst of lineage 2 however you wanna see it ) or something like that.

same goes for drop item from mob death... its a classic feature and they have removed it. 

On 9/21/2018 at 3:39 AM, SpeedStick said:

After reading what has been posted so far please remove looping macro.  The penalty for botting on macro are item drops when killed by mobs.  However, in the patch we are getting has it mentioned about no item drops upon death.  If this isn't changed, just open the server to all bot programs as that is what will happen anyway.

+1

Now that I know what you mean with auto looping macros I am just speechless that it could even be considered. I am speechless that any Lineage 2 server has added that in the first place.

Petition signed. Auto Looping Macros = I won't play at all. (Although I cannot imagine that will be the case? o.O)

Active banning of bots is the hero we need and deserve! Not a server full of authorized bots.

Group up with people if you are don't have a CP. Play the game instead of running a server room that harvests bit coins and L2 exp at the same time.

8 minutes ago, Zaaka said:

Now that I know what you mean with auto looping macros I am just speechless that it could even be considered. I am speechless that any Lineage 2 server has added that in the first place.

Petition signed. Auto Looping Macros = I won't play at all. (Although I cannot imagine that will be the case? o.O)

Active banning of bots is the hero we need and deserve! Not a server full of authorized bots.

Group up with people if you are don't have a CP. Play the game instead of running a server room that harvests bit coins and L2 exp at the same time.

^ Worded perfectly.

That is, the whole class of support will be FUKED ....BYE MAIN SUPPORT 

Before when there was no double account, it was beautiful to be level with friends, groups of friends all together and also unknown people wanting to level up together ... Now they are all antisocial that only have 3 bots in the back and they play alone This lost the essence of the game.

2 hours ago, Zaaka said:

I second this motion here. Looping Macros will destroy the game and as a support main, it will be sad when 90% of supports in the game are auto looped boxes. 

Only possible compromise would be to put a short time limit on macro loops. Say about 10 minutes. Even that seems detrimental to some aspects of the game.

I just wish Juji would give us an answer about it, so I can plan whether I want to invest any money into this game or not. I was all excited about playing until I read the forums and realized I could make a 30 second macro to automate my character in PvE. Went to a private classic server to try it out and it works. It a big meme.

Was going to throw all sorts of nc coins at them until I heard about this bull.

Just now, alex23 said:

u mean something like autopilot where u have to push no buttons for the whole night and none else has as well?xD

the macro I made had a few lines and it targeted the mobs and killed them and it was infinite ya. If i found a tiny room/wide open spot my guy would go all night with this l2 auto macro stuff. it was a simple macro nothing special. i dont understand why this is even implemented tbh. that was the main target macro too. the easy macros are the assist ones.

7 minutes ago, BodybuilderIRL said:

i dont understand why this is even implemented tbh

me neither

maybe its exactly what many people want "automated gameplay" for various reasons

maybe there is 50% people who want it and 50% who doesnt, but in the end they all play and gameserver wins $$

am not an expert, just guessing

Archived