Forums

Remove looping macro

SpeedStick

3 minutes ago, Patro said:

Do you realize that you can farm afk 24/7 with loop macros if you can run 9 clients? You dont need to play main assist active! A macro can do it. Loop parties destroyed the market on skelth. They could farm tons of adena afk (they were selling all materials on grocery because they used to make more than 80.000 animal bones/80.000 coals etc per day). Yeah, 80k animal bones! So they vendor them. Stones of purity used to cost 20-25k adena each. Now they cost 2k. Loop parties are the worst thing i have ever seen on l2. On later updates you can /nexttratget mobs only so you cant even make them flag.
But no! We need loop macros right?

Nops, Bot trains that farmed for ~1year destroyed the market.... Maybe macro destroyed the RMTers profit

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BodybuilderIRL said:

i dont know if i want to play this game at launch tbh. i cant imagine playing a game where every single player is given the opportunity to afk exp their character in groups/solo content. i know why ppl support it, cuz they're lazy and/or want a legit way to bot without ban. regardless, this is retarded.

if autolooping isnt removed at launch i wont be playing. may the rest of u have a pleasant afk experience along with every1 else u afk with and wish u the best of luck.

I agree. Why play a game where no one is playing it. Looping macros have ruined all other servers where it was part of. Destroyed the economy, forced casual players to run 24/7 groups to be semi competitive.

Just the fact that it seems that 50% of the people here is OK with looping macros kills my hype completely. What are the chances that classic servers will be a good experience in the long run with that attitude...

7 minutes ago, xLinden said:

Nops, Bot trains that farmed for ~1year destroyed the market.... Maybe macro destroyed the RMTers profit

WTF are you talkinb about? You have no idea whats going on.
Loopers destroyed the market because they can farm TONS of mats afk.
Most of loopers are RMTers.
You definitely played on another server!

12 minutes ago, BodybuilderIRL said:

i cant imagine playing a game where every single player is given the opportunity to afk exp their character in groups/solo content. i know why ppl support it, cuz they're lazy and/or want a legit way to bot without ban. regardless, this is retarded.

if autolooping isnt removed at launch i wont be playing. may the rest of u have a pleasant afk experience along with every1 else u afk with and i wish u the best of luck.

this game is simply.. not worth my time... if it will be all automated.

This. If people want to just afk farm 24/7 just go play L2 Revolution 

I don't like looping macros in Live L2.  I'm positive i wouldn't like them in Classic.  If NCSoft can successfully prohibit third-party script programs, I see no reason for NCSoft to promote a "legal" botting system with looping macros.  Play hands-on or don't play.  Macros may not have the full capability of third-party scripts but they are still bots when nobody is sitting at the keyboard directing gameplay.

That's my two-cents.

I hope Juji is successful in having looping macros removed from Classic. 

+1 no looping macros

I wonder how many people will run later and ask for buffs, especially when there are less people online, such looping is useful because you do not have to jump on characters to get buffs. If someone has a head on the neck and can still run this character to beat the mob, it will only improve the grind. That's all, macro does not read HP and MP, and some people here think looping macro like it's a bot. Let them believe that the bot is better by 100 times. So who will want to use it, and who does not like it, let him not use it.

11 minutes ago, Yati said:

I wonder how many people will run later and ask for buffs, especially when there are less people online, such looping is useful because you do not have to jump on characters to get buffs. If someone has a head on the neck and can still run this character to beat the mob, it will only improve the grind. That's all, macro does not read HP and MP, and some people here think looping macro like it's a bot. Let them believe that the bot is better by 100 times. So who will want to use it, and who does not like it, let him not use it.

You can make 70kk adena per day by looping 2 parties on skelth
70kk x 30 days = 2.1b
I am out of this conversation. Do what ever you want. Actually is better if they will add loop macros so i can see you crying later to remove them

2 hours ago, GaM6iT said:

I want that people who do not use the bot should look for me in their group, and not a new computer that would load three more boxes / windows

What happens if you are offline? What happens if there are not many of you? What happens if the majority of "supports" have already CP or are in clan parties? What then?

Should I wait for you until you come back online? And then you might say "i don't like the class you're playing, so i'll not party with you"?

This is not 2004 anymore people, where the MMO's where very new and everyone would be pretty open for parties, group content and patience to spam LFP chat for 30-1 hour until the party was formed. 

I get it. Auto Loop Macros might ruin the supports , but that's theoretically. How many will play support? 5%? Max? And by playing, I mean the player playing, not an alt left on /sit then after 20 mins starts buffing the party. 

Even if Auto Loop Macro will not make it into Live, I will 3 box it and will find a program which will make my keyboard to broadcast the keys on all 3 clients. Problem solved. See? And I didn't even had to think much about it and I found a way to go-around the Auto Loop Macro. 

Point is, people who wants to solo 3 boxes, will do that, with or without Auto Loops.

17 minutes ago, Patro said:

WTF are you talkinb about? You have no idea whats going on.
Loopers destroyed the market because they can farm TONS of mats afk.
Most of loopers are RMTers.
You definitely played on another server!

so they should keep their heads low and continue paying to botters and/or top players or even RMT ?

material getting lower prices for me is a win, everybody can make itens and go proper enjoy the game.

the only ones that cry about this kind of things are the ones that were botters/rmters and saw their profit go down.

7 minutes ago, xLinden said:

so they should keep their heads low and continue paying to botters and/or top players or even RMT ?

material getting lower prices for me is a win, everybody can make itens and go proper enjoy the game.

the only ones that cry about this kind of things are the ones that were botters/rmters and saw their profit go down.

Funny kid you are!
1st of all skelth has no bot parties. Try to do it there and let me know what will happen. Definitely you played on another server. Or quit on 1st month

Material getting lower prices for you is a win! Funny!
Tell that to a casual player spoiling windsus for 3 stones of purity per rebuff to make some adena until he realizes that stones of purity worth 2k adena each because your looper friends farm 2.500 sops per day afk

Someone forgot that it will be Classic with options and Live server settings, if you accept the auto-pickup of money, then everyone just wants to do the server under themselves. So either Classic by NC Soft, or Classic in the release of kiddie kids

20 minutes ago, KABAL said:

What happens if you are offline? What happens if there are not many of you? What happens if the majority of "supports" have already CP or are in clan parties? What then?

Should I wait for you until you come back online? And then you might say "i don't like the class you're playing, so i'll not party with you"?

Yes. This is old-school sandbox MMORPG, not modern "everybody gets a prize for participation" MMO.

If you play solo with boxed support - you are the lowest fragment in the chain. If you dont like to be in this position, you need to find clan, c.party, friends.

And by the way, - you dont need auto-macroses to have PP+BD behind you if you want to exp solo so much. What a surprise.

6 minutes ago, Zark said:

If they are going to remove loop macros, they have to eradicate bots. It is possible?

Bots were never a problem on EU/RU classic servers before auto-macroses. So they found a way to control it or maybe risks to lose everything in ban wave were too high.

1 hour ago, Patro said:

Funny kid you are!
1st of all skelth has no bot parties. Try to do it there and let me know what will happen. Definitely you played on another server. Or quit on 1st month

Tell that to a casual player spoiling windsus for 3 stones of purity per rebuff to make some adena until he realizes that stones of purity worth 2k adena each because your looper friends farm 2.500 sops per day afk

hahaha you know nothing man, you can easy find this kind of information...

all i hear is: mimimi macros is bad, but lets keep the botters so we can profit.

1 minute ago, xLinden said:

hahaha you know nothing man, you can easy find this kind of information...

all i hear is: mimimi macros is bad, but lets keep the botters so we can profit.

Yes! i know nothing :(
i googled everything i said :(
Have you ever played classic again bro?

Looping macros for the current Live version kinda makes sense, since it's become a pvp p2w server anyway, so why not, right? But for the Classic, meaning a classic experience from what the game actually felt like one day, doesn't make any sense. Plus, like some people said, they will farm mats and adena 24/7 and ruin the game. Not to mention the constant occupying farm/quest spots.

"Oh but bots". Please. Bots were here since day one. People played for years with bots everywhere and it was still fun. Looping macros will institutionalize corruption and rmt, just like in Skelth. Bots can at least be banned if they supervise the game online and people report it.

"Oh but no lifers will dominate". They would dominate anyway. With or without LM. Doesn't matter. There was never a single server in the history of this game, official or private, that wasn't eventually dominated by one powerful and opressive ally. It's in the nature of the game. It will happen. Get over it.

"Oh but I can't play more than X hours a day and will stay behind." You don't need to be high level to enjoy the game. Just enjoy the ride. Join a fun cp and/or clan, level your char and supports, farm materials, craft things, do your quests, kill raid bosses, engage in PvPs and sieges, make friends and meet people. You don't need LM to do that. Nobody does.

We DO NOT want this here by any means. It will ruin the server, just like helped ruin Skelth.

And after all, if they don't put the LM and eventually the player base realise it was better with it, we can always make a petition and ask for it to be reintroduced. Juji already proved to be a reasonable GM that listens to players.

Let's just give the real classic experience of the game a chance.

@Juji Dev request with Korea or internally within NCWest? I.e. whats the chance it will be approved/denied. 

Bravo by the way, but this is going to put a lot of pressure on you to keep bots under control, or at least killable.  I think the is the best thing you could have done for the long term health of the server, aside from policing bots... which this will make more easy for you.  Bravo again.

6 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Apologies for my delay in response to this hot topic on the macro system. The auto loop macro functionality is currently in our build for the Classic Server, but we have an outstanding request with the Dev team to remove it. I will keep you updated once we hear back from Dev on its removal and truly hope it can be implemented in time for the launch next week. 

Best Regards,
Juji

Macros are present in the korean version of the game?

Why deprive the players of this good  game function only because of several nolifers who cry at the forum and switch from server to server from Russian to European and from European to American? They do not know how to play themselves and do not let other players use the game!

Just now, Sayonara said:

Macros are present in the korean version of the game?

Why deprive the players of this good  game function only because of several nolifers who cry at the forum and switch from server to server from Russian to European and from European to American? They do not know how to play themselves and do not let other players use the game!

God I hope you're a girl in RL cause I just fell in love with you.

6 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Apologies for my delay in response to this hot topic on the macro system. The auto loop macro functionality is currently in our build for the Classic Server, but we have an outstanding request with the Dev team to remove it. I will keep you updated once we hear back from Dev on its removal and truly hope it can be implemented in time for the launch next week. 

Best Regards,
Juji

If you want democracy, vote among the players
I assure you that the majority will vote for preserving the full functionality of the game

2 hours ago, Patro said:

Funny kid you are!

Yes.. because Skelth has frozen anticheat.. and ncsoft its more easier to bypass with adren

7 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Best Regards,
Juji

Im glad I didnt preorder your pack :D ....

Archived