Forums

Differences between Servers: Talking Island & Giran

Verdant

Hello,

I want to start this topic because I consider it to be quite important due to the fact that there will be 2 different Classic servers: Talking Island and Giran.

Would there be any any rates except x1 to everything, or Mages Rules in one server but in the other would be archers and warriors that "rocks"?

There will be catas in any of those servers, etc.

What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, Ferimeth said:

There won't be any differences besides the timezone,

Talking island is made for NA Player
Giran is made for EU Players

EU Player? NO!

Both servers are for NA player, but one is located more to the south and the other more to the north because of the variation of timezone and ping.

5 hours ago, Dandilo said:

EU Player? NO!

Both servers are for NA player, but one is located more to the south and the other more to the north because of the variation of timezone and ping.

Right now Chronos GMT-2 is for NA players and Naia GMT+1 is for EU. What is the problem in that? NCsoft official servers have always embraced europeans as well. Why should that change in the classic servers? And please don't give me the "EU has their own servers". Those are just not the same. We have played on the official servers since 2004, so please don't come here and mess with that.

Unbeliveble how ignorant and superficial are you guys....both servers should be in NA prime time: GMT-4 to GMT-8
Check this fishy answer from our beloved gms:

Q: What languages does this release support?
As with the Live version of Lineage II, we’ll be officially supporting Classic in the North America region in English only.

19 minutes ago, Pleistoros said:

Unbeliveble how ignorant and superficial are you guys....both servers should be in NA prime time: GMT-4 to GMT-8

As with the Live version of Lineage II, we’ll be officially supporting Classic in the North America region in English only.

So is Chronos and Naia right now. But Europeans always played there as well. Thats why the time zones were compromised like they are.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:08 AM, Juji said:

The timezones for the servers are below (TBD):
Talking Island = GMT-2*
Giran = GMT+1

I would say do what you want with Talking Island if GMT-4 or 6 is better but leave one like Naia that is open for EU players as well.

18 minutes ago, Zaaka said:

So is Chronos and Naia right now. But Europeans always played there as well. Thats why the time zones were compromised like they are.

I would say do what you want with Talking Island if GMT-4 or 6 is better but leave one like Naia that is open for EU players as well.

My friend bad news for you...

You are mistaken, since Innova enforce their royality contract and claim territories(2 or 3 y ago) NcSoft official dont provide support for their games to EU players. Also exactly in that period they block CSI states to play here but let play ppl who allready had an account to play at their own risk.
They did that to avoid a monster scandal...imagine round 30% of server population block from playing after years of paying their shitty events. For Classic they dont need to do the same since both servers are new...and EU ppl dont spend so much on ncoins

What that mean for EU players is that you are not safe with your account.... NcSoft can terminate/block/delete your account without reason, without prior notification, without compensations, without consequences :) Its a risk that any EU player should be aware and also you will not be able to participate for any contests in game.

I have been a customer with NCsoft west from 2004 I am sure they will consider this when making the new servers as well. One of the current official servers Naia is on GMT+1. They would have changed that a long time ago if they didn't care about EU and American friends playing together like it has always been the case since 2004. After all it is more doable to have a Sunday afternoon castle siege for Americans than a Monday 3AM morning siege for Europeans.

We have been playing with the risk you are talking about the entire time. We are ok! :)

Altogether I don't see what the problem is with EU and NA playing together. Our cultures are not so different and I find it easy to play with Americans and make friends with them in a game like Lineage2. I understand that you don't want some countries from further east to join in as they tend to orchestra more bot groups and have a different approach to the game, but tbh is it so bad that Western Europe and Americans can play together just like it was the case back when L2 launched?

Innova and NCWest (NCsoft) aren't partners, they are competitors.

With that being said, it is both their interest to open servers that can take each others costumers. NCwest has less restrictions, it seems, and always have more people ( grabbing NA players + central/south america) and can EASILY make one of their servers have an EU timezone and grab EU players, and still have NA + SA players on it, making it profitable.
EU servers don't have that much people playing (the minimum wage varies A LOT there, so the price politics applied to EU servers just doesn't cut for them [ they have 80% of the countries with 300~500 euros minimum wage, and a couple with 1500~2500], so most EU players are on private servers) and have the Russian community competing with that ( Innova owns RU and EU servers, but on RU the prices of L2 store can reach 1/3 of the price of their EU counterpart).

TL;DR: NCwest wants profits off the EU players that can't afford Innova prices, and the total amount of players on the servers enable them making more than 1 server and apply a EU oriented time zone to one of them.

19 hours ago, Zaaka said:

Right now Chronos GMT-2 is for NA players and Naia GMT+1 is for EU. What is the problem in that? NCsoft official servers have always embraced europeans as well. Why should that change in the classic servers? And please don't give me the "EU has their own servers". Those are just not the same. We have played on the official servers since 2004, so please don't come here and mess with that.

I do not see any problem in any nationality playing on any server, I just think the target players will be in the americas and not europe/asia/africa. But of course, I can be wrong.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:22 PM, Pleistoros said:

haha

i see language support is the question. not timezone support. 

gms say that we have servers in the american region in english. they dont say that timezones will not support other regions

The difference between the servers are Talking Island Server is the Official Roleplaying server of classic.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me in game. My in game name is Haywood Jablomi and if I'm not on please leave a message with your mom's, In game name Ivana Humpalot.

God speed my new nerdy friends,

God Speed,

Your Majesty.

King Lube McCock

Archived