Forums

Drop on Death

FatHips

Q: What is the leveling experience like on the Classic server?
The leveling pace of Lineage II Classic will feel significantly slower than that of the Live servers, and characters will begin to cap out at Level 70. The item drop penalty on death from the original version of the game won’t be coming back, but an XP penalty still exists at 4% loss per death. The five starting zones (Levels 1–19) will launch with additional Monsters and increased respawn rates to account for the initial rush through the lower levels.

I will be very simple and to the point.  If you remove drop on death, bot/macro trains will take over and kill the party experience.  Was that short enough? 

I'd like to hear a NC reply and don't really care about anyone else's opinion, no offense.  If the reply is that this is a KOREA thing and they have no control, that's fine.  I've read the Glassdoor reviews, trust me I understand.

But if it's something within the control of NC West, they should consider re-implementing drop on death (white white, not red).  This is a built in mechanism in the game to police bots more than anything.  Before this mechanism was removed, bots were not a problem.  They were present, but if you needed a spot you took it and they did not fight because it would cost them adena.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I will be very simple and to the point.  If you remove drop on death, bot/macro trains will take over and kill the party experience.  Was that short enough? 

I'd like to hear a NC reply and don't really care about anyone else's opinion, no offense.

Hey @FatHipsI recognize the name can't remember when I was playing with you last though lol. But I also agree. If this means what we think it means, they need to fix this. You SHOULD be able to drop on death to mobs. Here I'll tag some admins so they take a look @Juji @Hime

25 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I'd like to hear a NC reply and don't really care about anyone else's opinion, no offense.  If the reply is that this is a KOREA thing and they have no control, that's fine.  I've read the Glassdoor reviews, trust me I understand.

But if it's something within the control of NC West, they should consider re-implementing drop on death (white white, not red).  This is a built in mechanism in the game to police bots more than anything.  Before this mechanism was removed, bots were not a problem.  They were present, but if you needed a spot you took it and they did not fight because it would cost them adena.

+++++++++++++++

1 hour ago, FatHips said:

But if it's something within the control of NC West, they should consider re-implementing drop on death (white white, not red).  This is a built in mechanism in the game to police bots more than anything.  Before this mechanism was removed, bots were not a problem.  

I don't really know where you played before but even with drop on death bots were still a thing on Skelth.

It's not a mechanism to police bot but harass  low level/weaker people/enemies  trying to drop them while griding or doing trains. Even if you try to farm bots, they will automatically insta disconnect all accounts at once. There's nothing you can do but report them and pray for mother GM.

One thing is bots but with item drops for whites/purple the whole games feels like playing the roulette. You put all your hard earned adena into a weapon and the next day you stand to lose all you have worked for for months. Rage quit is the only option at that point.

So please let it stay as it has been stated and deal with bots in another way, instead of ruining the experience for normal players.

8 minutes ago, Zaaka said:

One thing is bots but with item drops for whites/purple the whole games feels like playing the roulette. You put all your hard earned adena into a weapon and the next day you stand to lose all you have worked for for months. Rage quit is the only option at that point.

So please let it stay as it has been stated and deal with bots in another way, instead of ruining the experience for normal players.

That's understandable.

As I recall there was a very long period of time where you could not drop any augmented items (like weapons).  This mostly prevented the scenario you create.  That's actually preferable to me personally.  I agree, dropping your weapon can be game ending, whereas dropping other things are generally more tolerable.

In reply to the other guy who said bots log out -- Good, that's a win.  Bots are not a problem for you when they are logged out. Changing these kinds of game mechanics is anything but "classic" L2.  It's the watered down version of an otherwise great game.

1 hour ago, Qsha said:

For short term players drop on death sounds fun.

But most people ll change there mind after they drop thier +12 weapon or epic.

3 years in skelth we have drop on death. you should be careful. go parties with people you know. drop on death is a core thing in classic.

4 hours ago, FatHips said:

But if it's something within the control of NC West, they should consider re-implementing drop on death (white white, not red).

its not a KOREA thing. russian server has drop on death, Skelth has drop on death

I agree that drop on death is just too much to have right now. There is already the 4% exp loss with no Brez scrolls in the game.

If you evaluate everything you have in the game as time spent as it goes into character level and items. Then losing 4% exp might correspond to 10 minutes to 4 hours depending on how far you are in the game. A major loss of items might correspond to a week or, later on, several months worth of gaming time. No one likes to be set back that much - that's just not a good game experience.

Also I would like to play the game with total strangers and form bonds with some of them as the game progresses. I cannot do that if I have to fear that my heard earned items are at jeopardy if I should die during our group time.

The bots need to be dealt with in a different way so regular players can safeguard their hard earned adena and not live with the constant fear that today might be the last day playing the game as dropping a key item for them just equals starting all over or quitting the game altogether.

This is aside the point of the OP (which is about bot-control, for NC to reply to), but:

Lineage II Classic is law of the jungle, predators rule.  This isn't a game for those who want participation trophies, this is a game where you are punished for mistakes and you have to think about everything you do, because you can actually move backwards if you are not careful.  This is a game where the best players become the richest, where scamming and stealing is part of the community (like it or not).  A game where you can completely screw someone over if it motivates you, where you can make other people go backwards if you are good enough.

Don't you remember all the political drama with the 7 clan antharas raids where some bleep picked up your DC helmet and didn't return it? That was the best shit.  Made everything so Hype.

The game is not just about being a difficult grind, that's just Korean masochism.  The game is about the mechanics that drive the politics and the hype within the community.  No other game ever made has remotely compared.  

Drop on death is one of the best features of the game and it's a shame to disregard it.  If it's a problem for new players, then extend the non-drop protection beyond level 9.  Make it 40 and call it a day.

That is what Lineage II Classic is supposed to mean.

We are getting some watered down version.  Sad.  But I'll take it for now.

Are you guys done sayin' bullshit? Thanks. 
So, you guys are the kind of players who goes like "daaamn reintroduce that 'cause that was the real deal with the game!" but then, if some high level bleep come to kill you, for fun, and make you die and drop ur items, you will go and jump off a cliff. 
L2 classic will try to give you a fresh feel of nostalgia, not a fresh smell of crap. The fact you're gonna lose 4% it's quite an heavy penalty already if you die...go figure if by any chance you drop an item for a glitch or 'cause you had to go afk like 2 secs and a mob raped you or anything like that. Imagine if we had this same penalty on live servers where you may drop 500-600+ euros of gear with just 1 item. 
No one will go for raids and no one will try to play solo 'cause they may be afraid of some tards coming and stunlock them for no reason. 
The whole point of classic is going back to farm mobs as hard as you can and kill urself trying to achieve 1 more level or that set/weapon that you need. Enjoying any little bit of progress you make into the server. 
It's not annoing a random player who's happily farming while minding his own damn business. 
But just in case they decide to reintroduce the drop on mobs, be sure to tell us ur in game nicks so we can stunlock ur ass as soon as we see you out of town. Let's make the word KOS a really bad word again. 

22 hours ago, Tr0ller said:

I don't really know where you played before but even with drop on death bots were still a thing on Skelth.

Original C1-C3 you trained farmers until they either paid you off, or left. Sure they brought enforcers, moved their trains, logged until you fell off radar. Yes people can also train lowbies/weaker people. That will happen regardless of item drops, and they don't have much to lose regardless. But also consider that a simple stunshot will often result in the death of said trainer. Theres a reason it was a tactic only really used against AFK targets. It's a double edged sword.

With BSOEs likely being commonplace due to the shop, and no one having crazy status resists from jewels anytime soon. Not really seeing the problem. I say this as a player from 2004-2008 era where Cruma/Lair/DVC/TOI were locked down. You lost 20-90% per siege. The damn flag bug made you go red often. Lopsided wars kept you in town for weeks if not months on end.

The allure of L2 IS the implied risk. Poker isn't as thrilling with monopoly money.

11 hours ago, FatHips said:

Throwback. @Nya  You going to play NA or going to stick on classic?

I do have couple chars here (Tishi - 99, Pishi - 100), but unfortunately (or fortunately?) real life happened. Will see if I can casual classic just for nostalgia. What about you? 

Archived