Drop on Death

FatHips

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day loot drops on deaths for white/purple was introduced was a happy day. Living with the fear that you might lose all of your work if that weapon you just invested all your adena into just wasn't fun at all. Or not being able to party with strangers because you fear they will rip you off if you drop something.

Please don't change anything from what was announced. No loot drops on deaths is the best thing that has happened!

9 hours ago, Convict said:

we like the classic expierence we want loot drop to mob death liek the way it used to be

look million players feel nostalgic when they hear"classic" but noone is getting nostalgic when items drops on death,

either killed by mob or stunned by player and killed by mob

its only logic to drop only if u have karma

https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000280486-PSA-on-Automated-Macros-and-PvP

This is what makes lineage stand out from all the other games I played since 2004 and the reason I'm willing to play the game.  Can you confirm if you're going to hold everyone's hand like every other MMO that does that better than lineage? Cause if so there's no point in playing this game, what this game does best is let the players choose how they are treated.  I'm not saying this cause I'm a prick player, I'm saying this cause its a slippery slope from going from an open world pvp environment with very real consequences to a sub par Hold your hand day care environment of WoW.

From NcSoft policy itself;

Putting the Penalty in the PK

Lineage 2 is considered an open PvP game in which PKs are intended to deter players from engaging in combat with each other without accepting the associated risks. Ultimately PKs can result in the loss of equipped items regardless of their value or usefulness—this includes items that ordinarily can’t be dropped. There’s a fair amount of PvP persistence required while playing the game normally to reach this point. If you’re using macros while AFK, however, you should know that your character is not immune from PKs either. As target macros don’t distinguish between friend and foe, your AFK farming routine can potentially be disrupted to pull your character into a PvP state and incur PKs.

Be warned! If you lose an exceptionally rare and powerful piece of equipment to another player while you’re AFK, Customer Support will be unable to restore it for you. Ultimately the situation of losing items to PK is easily avoided, and hopefully this info helps you stay safe out there!"

2 hours ago, alex23 said:

look million players feel nostalgic when they hear"classic" but noone is getting nostalgic when items drops on death,

either killed by mob or stunned by player and killed by mob

its only logic to drop only if u have karma

Honest to god, it wasn't a huge deal, I played for a very long time and it never hurt my game.  Stop ordering soup and complaining its too hot.  Go play WoW where soup is served plenty cold.  It's a slippery slop when companies start coddling and breast feeding players who can't cope with the game mechanics that make this game unique

Fantastic. Now you're understanding.  I have absolutely no fond memories of WoW and I played it for years. I still remember the day I dropped my +20 Damascus and the surge of absolute terror that went through me.  Stop trying to create this perfect little bubble environment where you laminate yourself from all risk till you reach level 80 with your shiney little trophies, grow bored and quit having done absolutely nothing and having absolutely no fun or reward.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, but this game is in the journey not the destination.  We're not here to spend hours grinding so we can have the same experience as every other MMO offers cause lets face it, the quests are shit, the grinding sucks but its the players stories and the bonds we make that set this game apart.

At the end of the day the only thing this coddling protects is the afk botters, the RMT Whales who spend 10 k on Crafting their precious ungodly before time A grade weapons and want to yield it like a free pass to be a bleep.

So again NcSoft needs not coddle us, please for the love of god just give us what you've given everyone else

Lineage 2 is considered an open PvP game in which PKs are intended to deter players from engaging in combat with each other without accepting the associated risks. Ultimately PKs can result in the loss of equipped items regardless of their value or usefulness—this includes items that ordinarily can’t be dropped. There’s a fair amount of PvP persistence required while playing the game normally to reach this point. If you’re using macros while AFK, however, you should know that your character is not immune from PKs either. As target macros don’t distinguish between friend and foe, your AFK farming routine can potentially be disrupted to pull your character into a PvP state and incur PKs.

Be warned! If you lose an exceptionally rare and powerful piece of equipment to another player while you’re AFK, Customer Support will be unable to restore it for you. Ultimately the situation of losing items to PK is easily avoided, and hopefully this info helps you stay safe out there!"

ok sure, but many people are not hardcore l2 gamers...and they dont wanna feel really bad because they drop something that took them a LOT of time to get..do u see what i mean?

many people cant afford losing their effort, unless there is none like those type of players

sry if i dont make any sense

9 minutes ago, alex23 said:

ok sure, but many people are not hardcore l2 gamers...and they dont wanna feel really bad because they drop something that took them a LOT of time to get..do u see what i mean?

many people cant afford losing their effort, unless there is none like those type of players

sry if i dont make any sense

I'm not even a hardcore Lineage 2 player.  I don't understand, do you go buy a game about airplanes and ask them to take the crashing into the ground part of the game out cause its to hard to fly without falling? 

"I really love shooting heroin mister drug dealer but can you take the part where I get high out? I'm just a little junkie not a hardcore junkie."

"I LOVE THIS ORANGE I JUST WISH IT DIDN'T TASTE LIKE ORANGE."

FML. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TASTE OF ORANGES THAN MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE EATING APPLES! DON'T COME HERE SHOVING APPLES IN OUR ORANGES.

YES I'M SAYING STOP TRYING TO SHOVE WOW IN MY LINEAGE.

What is with people thinking this game is a la carte? 

Be warned! If you lose an exceptionally rare and powerful piece of equipment to another player while you’re AFK, Customer Support will be unable to restore it for you. Ultimately the situation of losing items to PK is easily avoided, and hopefully this info helps you stay safe out there

am not saying how the game is suppose to be,

just mentioning that there is a huge deal of players that dont like 'drop on death' thing

u may express yourself in any way u want, thats understandable

but not all of us see it the way u do

and if am the only one who cares of dropping B gear because someone just killed me while i was hunting, then i admit am weak and perhaps i should go somewhere else

Lineage II was never intended to be a game where bullies could prey on unwilling victims and ruin the fun of other people playing the game.  That's why, when the bullies used it that way, the rules were changed to take away some of the advantages of bullying.  The game was, and is, intended for honest competitors, not predators.  Drop on death is fine for those who have chosen to fight (purple and red).  It is not fine, and should never have been, for those who wish not to be victims (whites killed by other players w/o fighting back).  I have no problem with drops when fighting mobs, since fighting mobs is a choice, every bit as much as fighting players, even though it doesn't turn your name purple.  Similarly, drops may be all right when the clans are at war.  One can always choose not to fight by untagging.  But no one should suffer a drop for losing a fight they did not choose to engage in. 

Your whole injecting real life morality into video games is what ruin games.  Not the bullies who are content creators.  I'm not a bully, this is not what its about.  It's about keeping the game classic before people named lawman were allow to cast aspersions and labels on good people playing a video games.  It's amazing how putting an adult into a video game dematures him to a toddler yelling "its not fair".

The exaggeration of this mechanics impact on "victims" is so overstated in your opinion.  I can't recall anyone who has suffered under it, I do recall a lot of good times because of it.

For every bully, there are people who come to the aid of those victims, in doing so will spark in game memories and content that far outweigh your vanilla "everything has to be fair" lawman approach.  So Cowboy lawman, your job when you see someone getting bullied is to step in, not post about how that mechanic is unfair.  I'm sure WoW holds some really bland times for you back there.  Join'em.

You are the reason we can't have anything ugly. Everything has to pretty so you and your friends can pat eachothers glowing twinked out asses and make everything boring.  You can't have laws if you don't have people who'll break them. Vanilla Lawman.

Funny post, TrOOlw.  I didn't say one word about you.   You could not counter the truth of what I said and of why the game was changed to begin with, so all you did was name-call.  Our disagreement may boil down to the definition of "Classic."  To me, classic was what this game was supposed to be about.  The bullies and predators did not respect that, and the rules were changed to put a stop to their ruining the game for others.  The game then became, briefly, what it was supposed to be.  And it was epic, for everyone but the bullies, with wonderful sieges and clan wars and plenty of honest pvp.  Then the bots and the money changers took over and hurt the game badly.  Then it was made free-to-play-pay-to-win and it was ruined completely.

Personally, I'd like to see a Classic L2 the way it was meant to be and was, if ever so briefly.  If you'd rather have a game that rewards bullies and predators and the ruining of the game for honest players that is, of course, your right.  I just respectfully disagree. 

But it wasn't removed "lawman", its in Classic Europe.  Here, I know what game you want to play it has everything to protect you from the big bad classic game of Lineage 2. It's called Lineage 2 Revolution.  Have fun.

"honest" pvp....What the hell is that?  Again real world morality injected into a game? I think you want WoW now that I think of it with all its "Honest" arena's. 

Don't tell me you're so fragile that my very tame post from an anonymous internet person was offensive to you? How do snowflakes live without melting outside of WoW?  I don't see one bad name that I called you. 

LOL.  You were the one who launched the personal attack in response to a post that didn't even mention your name.  To answer your question, "honest PVP" is pvp between willing participants.  We disagree.  You want a game that rewards bullies and predators.  I don't.  No need for name-calling or insults.  Let's just respectfully disagree and see what NCWest does when the game is released.

more people will play if there is only drop on death for pkers

maybe its my idea

more will play if there is no autoloop

more will play if u sort it out without too many boxes

all these for any reason i can think and i wont begin to share, because this will never end by keep replying to each other for eternity

NC do whatever u want, am gonna give it a shot, am from EU i hope i can play since Greece am from isnt in block list, i may have a little lag, maybe i use battleping if its allowed

and i hope to have fun and stay away from pvp because am only here for pve ,and teaming with other players which makes it very interesting as u can chat, put goals u can work together,lvl gear exp areas etcetc but no pvp for me

maybe its the wrong topic to post this

thx and sorry

Archived