Forums

Drop on Death

FatHips

God, TrOLLw, listen to yourself.  I never called you a bully.  I just said you want a version of the game that rewards bullies and predators, which is undeniably true.  Please stop with the insults.  I'm not insulting you.  I'm just disagreeing.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, Zaaka said:

I agree that drop on death is just too much to have right now. There is already the 4% exp loss with no Brez scrolls in the game.

If you evaluate everything you have in the game as time spent as it goes into character level and items. Then losing 4% exp might correspond to 10 minutes to 4 hours depending on how far you are in the game. A major loss of items might correspond to a week or, later on, several months worth of gaming time. No one likes to be set back that much - that's just not a good game experience.

Also I would like to play the game with total strangers and form bonds with some of them as the game progresses. I cannot do that if I have to fear that my heard earned items are at jeopardy if I should die during our group time.

The bots need to be dealt with in a different way so regular players can safeguard their hard earned adena and not live with the constant fear that today might be the last day playing the game as dropping a key item for them just equals starting all over or quitting the game altogether.

Sounds to me like a typical response coming from someone only playing the game after it was made f2p. We have been playing the game just fine for years when it was p2p and with drop on death. You don't have to explain to anyone who already had that kind of past experience, in fact it seems like we are the ones to to explain to the kind of people like you.

Now you're even allowed to multiple boxes so in case you die, you can pick up fast with another. Or just go with a clan like we always did. You want a way for people to not afk macro all day? This is one of the way to do it. Also 4% was just at earlier levels,at higher levels I remember it was 1%, and that becomes even less with clan hall or other ways. There is always a healer rez alternative. The way it looks now, this hardcore classic should be named softcore classic.

BTW, you said EU Classic has drop on death.  The wiki says that there is no drop on death when white & killed by another player.  That would be adequate for me:

Losing items

• A character may lose items when it dies in different scenarios: dying from a mob or from a different character.
  • If a character dies in a peaceful zone (any township), it doesn't lose any items.
  • The table below describes both scenarios of losing items:
Scenario Karma PK points Chance of losing items
Death from a mob 0
(character's name is white)
0-3 yes
4 and more yes
Bad (character's name is red) 0-3 yes
4 and more yes
Death from a different character 0
0-3 none
4 and more none
Bad (character's name is red) 0-3 none
4 and more yes

4 minutes ago, Lawman said:

God, TrOLLw, listen to yourself.  I never called you a bully.  I just said you want a version of the game that rewards bullies and predators, which is undeniably true.  Please stop with the insults.  I'm not insulting you.  I'm just disagreeing.

There was not one insult.  Jesus. holy crap.  Listen to yourself, you're more sensitive than a nursing mom's giant nipple. That's not an insult its a comparison. It sounds like you need a different game with all this "honest" pvp (whatever that is) in it.  This game has always been about the open world 1 channel pvp, like this;  and whats gives birth to this are the game mechanics that WoW doesn't allow.  The personal conflicts.  There's no bullies in this games, theres sides and you bring yours if you don't like what the side is doing.  I'm not insulting you by saying you're playing the wrong game.  This is just one victory for the people who would have us turn this game into WoW.

1 minute ago, Lawman said:

Calling me a toddler is not an insult.  Okay.  Your words speak for themselves. No point to continuing the conversation.

Listen, were on the internet here and I can only go by what I'm seeing.  Observations aren't insults.  You used the words "Honest" pvp and "not fair".  We're playing a game here not role playing gladiators.  Which was that even honorable? They threw lions in there and shit.

Anyways what you posted which I can't seem to quote, white do not drop in pvp, then the Dev's need to clear this up, they keep ignoring clearing this up after countless threads of concern.

I want to play classic as the Classic word would indicate, not some watered down, hand holding, breast feeding autistic form of Wow.  I'm sure you're a good guy, but not seeing the bad compliments the good and makes this game what it is simply an enfants understanding on how the world should be.  Again not an insult.  An observation.

I have to play by the same rules you do.  I might have to eat my own words when I drop my shit and lose it.  You know what tho? This game is about banding together, territory control, getting them back, ganking, spanking and everything you can't do in the plastic bubble MMO's out there.

1 hour ago, beleaua said:

Sounds to me like a typical response coming from someone only playing the game after it was made f2p. We have been playing the game just fine for years when it was p2p and with drop on death. You don't have to explain to anyone who already had that kind of past experience, in fact it seems like we are the ones to to explain to the kind of people like you.

Now you're even allowed to multiple boxes so in case you die, you can pick up fast with another. Or just go with a clan like we always did. You want a way for people to not afk macro all day? This is one of the way to do it. Also 4% was just at earlier levels,at higher levels I remember it was 1%, and that becomes even less with clan hall or other ways. There is always a healer rez alternative. The way it looks now, this hardcore classic should be named softcore classic.

I played since launch in 2004. I played inspite of drop on deaths not because of it. It was always my greatest fear that I would lose all the work that I had put into the game. Luckily it didn't happen to me but I had more than one friend that quit the game because of it...

20 hours ago, Nya said:

I do have couple chars here (Tishi - 99, Pishi - 100), but unfortunately (or fortunately?) real life happened. Will see if I can casual classic just for nostalgia. What about you? 

I have 104 dominator on chronos, but L2 Live is utter trash, not worth logging in for any reason.  Classic or nothing honestly.

9 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I have 104 dominator on chronos, but L2 Live is utter trash, not worth logging in for any reason.  Classic or nothing honestly.

Yea kind of felt like all I do is log in, do couple instances off CD and log out.

I do struggle with Classic class choice though, I feel like I have to have a prophet, but it probably will be even less useful than in the old times especially a casual one! :D

@Juji

5 people complain about Macro's and you put a request to remove it.  There's been over 7 threads on death drop and you ignore it.

How about adding death drop back in or clearing up if it's removed completely, or only for whites?

At what point are we all just playing a really strung out, unfunctional, less than stellar version of World Of Warcraft?  Cause if that's the case now, may as well pack in all the unique features of what separates this from the pve' huggin' MMO's and we can all move on.

i dont understand why they remove this old school feature. its not like everyday we will loose items. it can happen but that is a part of what these servers is all about. Also at later levels mostly you will party with people you know so if something is dropped they will give is back to you. also there are good people around that they will not steal from you. 

of course there are people that will try to stun you and wait for mob to kill you and have a chance to loot you but everyone will know them after a while and they will not be able to find party. 

on the other side this server has name change... 

tough decision 

9 minutes ago, CoffeeTime said:

I wonder if they will do the same thing in Classic? I know players for getting 7-day bans by harrasing other players by continously pulling and dropping mobs on them during EXP sessions.

That's a ridiculous amount of coddling.  This game was always sandbox and the GM's did not interfere.  I literally never had a problem because when something did happen, I'd move some where else, do something else or call people in to help the player made issue.  However, there are people who want special treatment and safe havens created by game changes instead of recognizing this is a game.

The ingame content has always been driven by the players, not some story about Orc Chiefs and Night Elves.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:57 PM, Lawman said:

BTW, you said EU Classic has drop on death.  The wiki says that there is no drop on death when white & killed by another player.  That would be adequate for me:

Losing items

• A character may lose items when it dies in different scenarios: dying from a mob or from a different character.
  • If a character dies in a peaceful zone (any township), it doesn't lose any items.
  • The table below describes both scenarios of losing items:
Scenario Karma PK points Chance of losing items
Death from a mob 0
0-3 yes
4 and more yes
Bad (character's name is red) 0-3 yes
4 and more yes
Death from a different character 0
0-3 none
4 and more none
Bad (character's name is red) 0-3 none
4 and more yes

drop on death from mobs...

Yes! we want to lose hundreds of players becoz they get killed starting 3-4 weeks after launch and the high lvl players will come and buff/heal that stupid spider on talking island they are trying to kill and they will drop their devotion set 5 times and never ever return to this server.

We want to see useless trash strategies in pvp to just fear enemies into mobs inside antharas lair and make him drop his gear/weapon (that he rightfully earned WITHOUT even looping coz u cried enough for that to be removed gg)

Coz we are people who enjoy seeing others fail/suffer, becoz thats "fun"....

Archived