noob question from new player ;)

rkn

The way they do level caps in Lineage 2 is more a "soft" cap. So at 70 you will still get exp but at a MUCH slower rate than before. I remember 1 level taking a year back then when I hit the cap back in the days. Kill 50 mobs and get 0.01% exp style. They will release new content with a higher level cap at some point so I wouldn't worry so much about the level cap. The vast majority probably won't reach it before it is raised anyway. :)

You are both right.  FatHips is right that there was a hard cap back in the day.  Zaaka is right that the most recent 105 cap was a soft cap.  I have no idea how the cap will work on the Classic servers.  I am surprised, though, that they are starting with the cap at 70.  Hope they raise it to 80 or 85 fairly quickly.

6 minutes ago, existenz said:

in skelth lvl cap is 80. but you dont have to worry about that atm

i dont know how NA classic will be but when skelth started i tried 2-3 months to go 40 :P

i am sure that to get to 70 you need many months... do dont worry about level cap just yet

It is actually 85. With the introduction of the Seven Signs content, it became WAY easier to exp past 79/80. There are people aready 81 and 82 on RU, you can easily check here : https://ru.4game.com/lineage2classic/play/ratings/ and https://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/play/ratings/

Guys, don't worry about the cap being 70 on 1.5, because you won't get to level 70 in 6 months or whatever. The updates will come and you still won't hit that cap that easy, especially if the servers get big numbers of players ( which it looks like it will).

25 minutes ago, Lawman said:

You are both right.  FatHips is right that there was a hard cap back in the day.  Zaaka is right that the most recent 105 cap was a soft cap.  I have no idea how the cap will work on the Classic servers.  I am surprised, though, that they are starting with the cap at 70.  Hope they raise it to 80 or 85 fairly quickly.

You don't want the cap to be 80 right away because there will be people account sharing, running their parties 24/7. With a lv 70 soft cap you will have a chance to catch up to them before the cap is raised (not raised, but higher level mobs/areas become available).

Just something a little bit interesting. The top 1 guy from the Russian servers ( right now level 82, name Geks) streams on twitch every single day, almost all day long.
So if you never played classic and think you will get level 70 that fast and is worried about that being the cap, i suggest you try watching him a little bit https://www.twitch.tv/geksagen

3 hours ago, Lawman said:

personally I hope it never goes to awakening, if it does that will probably be my exit if im still playing.

Archived