Forums

Shield or Sigil for ISS?

Arcanjo

It is common for ISS to use Dual Sword, but I see very high level ISS using "Sigil + Sword", but why do not they use Shield?

Dominator has passive shield ability (+ 50% Rate and + 50% P.Def), but Doomcryer and Human not! And none of the three are passive to Sigil.

So what would be Sigil's advancement in them? Does it make sense to use Sword + Sigil instead of Dual Sword? (PvE and PvP Oly / Mass)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Unless you have stacked DPS set up on iss, I would advocate for 1h and shield set up. Yes, we don't get shield mastery but it adds def and allows HP SA set up on weapon. Works best on box but also helps give tanky main set up.

Duals help trigger skill refresh for BR etc but it's not as important as staying alive and supporting. Just my two cents

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/4/2018 at 12:39 AM, fleria said:

Numbers speak for us , just take a sigil and a shield , although it will seem odd , the sigil actually boosts your toons pdef while the shield does not work as you thought it would. :)

shields work different they never add p.def to your toon . But when you see a block in your window chat all the shield p.def adds to your toon base def which is huge !!!

but most of the classes that dont have proficiency at shield so they almost never get a block (thats the main reason why a tank even if it has the same p.def with a fighter get lot less dmg from mobs or in pvp)

sigil is good but you sacrifice evation 

so everything has plus and con :)

• 1 month later...

u shouldn't worry about evasion... makes no difference in pvp nor pve.

Maybe a little in pve but not for iss...

I'm iss hiero 104, i play as support, so no dmg at all.

i use sigil because a r99 +5 gives me around 1500 pdef when im stacked. i get nearly 45k pdef.

I tested shield, it is good when defense success occur  but thats very hard to happen since u dont have tank passive, it only block hits that comes right in front of you( with very low chance to defend), in a mass pvp or faction/boss fight thats very hard to happen.

so for me its better to have that small pdef boost than play with chances for something thats not optimized for me.

Archived