Forums

Will the content from NA's classic be exactly like the EU's classic?

Gazob

So, I've been watching a lot of playthroughs from EU classic to stay updated about the upcoming classic server, everything looks cool, the grind feels great, it brings a lot of the same old content with many QoL improvements from the lastest updates.

But let's talk about how much stuff they are giving for players during early game, which results in rushed content and broken immersion from its original design. For example: so many buff scrolls, quests for gear, so much soulshots like 18.000k free SSD? One of the best parts from old Lineage is that you had to interact with the NPCs stores to buy stuff since the beginning, to improve your gear, to get consumables, and buy soulshots from crafters, or even make adena if you had all that prepared. I didn't follow too much above level 40, this is just the No grade, D grade experience that I understood from EU classic. 

Another thing that bothered me (specially) a lot is the auto-learn skills (from GoD) directly from the menu (ughh). I think it removes the immersion from the game and cuts a lot from its original design, it also makes all those class guild houses in towns to be very empty and nearly useless. One of they key experiences from the game was exactly moving to town to town and look for soulshots and talk to NPCs to buy stuff and learn skills, it always had a constant moving back to town experience, not that much, it also depends how much you got prepared to grind and all that. Yes, the exp definitely got "harder" (slow) since early game to mid-late game but the game doesn't feel "hardcore" at all, I understand it's a reduced scale from GoD, or rather, its ORIGINAL scale, but it feels like it's attempting to rush the content, or rush the initial immersion, reducing more decisions from players. I wish it followed a little more the actual classic.

There are a lot of QoL things, and improvements, which is GREAT, and even new features (hopefully more can be added as long they staty faithful to actual classic design), but I'm pointing out that there are so many features that potentially gives the feeling of "rush" to the players, like no brainer patterns.

I also understand that they wanna help new players so that they don't get stuck forever in the first city, but I also don't think it should be THAT easy. People feel rewarded more if there's an actual problem for them to solve rather than just nerfing exp scale. A portion of "free" stuff is nice, just about to get started, some very weak gear, and some quests for potions are very fine. The no brainer early quest are ok'ish but it almost feels like guided quests from theme park MMOs (awful), at least there are very very few, not bad at all. 

I wish it had more interaction with the city and economy like oldschool (great part from the game). I don't know if everyone agrees with me, it's how I felt about it, but I'm absolutely very excited to play on classic and play Lineage once again, that'll be hype :)

6 minutes ago, Gazob said:

So, I've been watching a lot of playthroughs from EU classic to stay updated about the upcoming classic server, everything looks cool, the grind feels great, it brings a lot of the same old content with many QoL improvements from the lastest updates.

But let's talk about how much stuff they are giving for players during early game, which results in rushed content and broken immersion from its original design. For example: so many buff scrolls, quests for gear, so much soulshots like 18.000k free SSD? One of the best parts from old Lineage is that you had to interact with the NPCs stores to buy stuff since the beginning, to improve your gear, to get consumables, and buy soulshots from crafters, or even make adena if you had all that prepared. I didn't follow too much above level 40, this is just the No grade, D grade experience that I understood from EU classic. 

Another thing that bothered me (specially) a lot is the auto-learn skills (from GoD) directly from the menu (ughh). I think it removes the immersion from the game and cuts a lot from its original design, it also makes all those class guild houses in towns to be very empty and nearly useless. One of they key experiences from the game was exactly moving to town to town and look for soulshots and talk to NPCs to buy stuff and learn skills, it always had a constant moving back to town experience, not that much, it also depends how much you got prepared to grind and all that. Yes, the exp definitely got "harder" (slow) since early game to mid-late game but the game doesn't feel "hardcore" at all, I understand it's a reduced scale from GoD, or rather, its ORIGINAL scale, but it feels like it's attempting to rush the content, or rush the initial immersion, reducing more decisions from players. I wish it followed a little more the actual classic.

There are a lot of QoL things, and improvements, which is GREAT, and even new features (hopefully more can be added as long they staty faithful to actual classic design), but I'm pointing out that there are so many features that potentially gives the feeling of "rush" to the players, like no brainer patterns.

I also understand that they wanna help new players so that they don't get stuck forever in the first city, but I also don't think it should be THAT easy. People feel rewarded more if there's an actual problem for them to solve rather than just nerfing exp scale. A portion of "free" stuff is nice, just about to get started, some very weak gear, and some quests for potions are very fine. The no brainer early quest are ok'ish but it almost feels like guided quests from theme park MMOs (awful), at least there are very very few, not bad at all. 

I wish it had more interaction with the city and economy like oldschool (great part from the game). I don't know if everyone agrees with me, it's how I felt about it, but I'm absolutely very excited to play on classic and play Lineage once again, that'll be hype :)

I could only find an Armor quest not a weapons quest.  Where's the weapon quest?

That chest u get on Skelth was added like 1.5 years into server starts, we wont have it here (i guess)

What u will have: starter gaiters and armor, 1 dagger and 1 sword for fighters, 1 staff for mages etc..

The daily missions were not available in 1.5 i think, so no xp scrolls, no buffscrolls ( they are pretty shitty anyways)

We mgiht have free teleports till lvl41, on some servers we had free tp in 1.5 patch.

There should be Moon Knight quest and lvl10 quest for weapon (each race different or so)

Archived