Shouldn't classic actually be classic?

AzzMonkey

"Classic" doesn't mean old Lineage 2. There is no definition of ''classic L2''. Based on other classic servitors, it means some classic features of the early chronicles (fewer races, capped level, grindier, no R-grade bs and so on) along with some good stuff that was added in later chronicles (automatic ss, new skills, new features, new places and cities etc.).

Would you like to play having to click soulshots everytime you hit during hunting of pvping? Just for the sake of being ''tr00 classic''?

4 hours ago, AzzMonkey said:

I got pretty excited to see classic coming for L2 but the more I read it seems more of a modded classic. No drop on death, loops and crap...... Just make it Chronicle 1 and let it be.

look it up l2 classic has been in korea for years its not this chronicle 1 bs its better.... its classic l2.

8 hours ago, ChicoNever said:

"Classic" doesn't mean old Lineage 2. There is no definition of ''classic L2''. Based on other classic servitors, it means some classic features of the early chronicles (fewer races, capped level, grindier, no R-grade bs and so on) along with some good stuff that was added in later chronicles (automatic ss, new skills, new features, new places and cities etc.).

Would you like to play having to click soulshots everytime you hit during hunting of pvping? Just for the sake of being ''tr00 classic''?

See, the thing is, classic just means classic. It doesn't mean an NCStore, it doesn't mean f2p+p2w, it doesn't mean no item drops, it doesn't mean auto-loop macros.. All this crap was not in CLASSIC, in fact, most of this stuff wasn't even in the game until many years after the "classic" patches. Remember, this game came out in 2004 and we're in 2018. A lot changed in 14 years. I quit during interlude by which time the game was significantly different from prelude/c1/c2, but even still, there was no "NCStore", repeating macros, or any of that crap. I'm quite shocked to see the state of the game today, and if too much of these "features" make it to "classic", I'm not going to bother. This is more like "official L2 with a small classic twist" than it is a true classic server.

Actually "Classic" refers to the classic core gameplay of lineage, the grind in groups, the crafting, the RB camp. That's what Classic actually means, to go back at how the game was originally played, that does not mean they cant add new stuff (like the NC Store for example, hey, they have to make money somehow right? or the graphics from the current live version), the no death drop its kinda a downer for me because its too "carebear" (sort of speak), about the looping macros I hope they do the right thing and take that away from the game. Anyway, Classic is a whole new experience appart from the original earlier chronicles, take a sit and enjoy the experience bro C:

3 hours ago, Kadden said:

You think you want true Classic, but you don't. 

Strange, I quit playing when all this crap changed and it was no longer classic. It turned into some care bear game for crybabies. Classic was challenging. Made you play careful so you did not die and loose your gear. Yeah you had some high level greifers that would come along but they never lasted more than a few minutes. Other high levels would come and pop his cherry. Sad but I basically quit when the bot hordes won. NCSoft gave in and accommodated that farmer bot groups instead of the players. I use to drop trains on bot groups and loot the drops from them all day. NCSoft reacted to players like me by taking away death drop penalty. And the list goes on and on. Game killed itself trying to make quick cash off of farmer groups instead of making the game better for the actual players.

Archived