Hi Classic - Some Questions

KABAL

Hello!

As many of you, I'm excited to play L2 Classic on NcSoft servers. I always believed that they can handle a lot better their servers then say Innova for L2 and gameforge for Aion.

Anyway, so I have few questions:

1) I just downloaded the L2 Live client and as they say, this is all we need in order to play Classic. My question is, will there be an update when L2 Classic launches? Or are we good to go with say, the L2 Live Client which I've just downloaded?

2) If there will be an update - I suspect a pretty big one - , would we be able to download it before launch so we can be ready when the servers are launching? 

3) Why do we have to download L2 in order to write on forums? I opened a ticked with NcSoft for not being able to post in the forums, and they said that I need to login into 1 character in the current Lineage 2 in order to be able to post on the forums ( Classic and Normal ). Why ? I believe lots of people do not know this and many are here just for the Classic and may not be interested in creating a char on the current L2. Sure, is kinda easy, but the point is , if a players creates an account now , don't force him wait to download the client in order to be able to post questions/suggestions/etc in the forums. Maybe they are on their smartphone at work and just want to post something. So as of now, I take it that most who posts here are also playing L2. I want new and returning players to also be able to post without downloading the client in the first place. So, make it happen NcSoft. :) The more , the better.

Thanks and, let's prepare for the grind !! :D

Probably a update will be required after maintenance on 3rd October. If classic servers will be released during the weekly maintenance, we will have some hours before servers will get on, to download changes. Since live and classic version will use same client, size of the update should be not so big.

25 minutes ago, existenz said:

1) its the live client you have downloaded. classic servers will appear after server maintenance

2) propably

3) this is not a question :) 

3) .. and I did wrote at the beginning : This is not really a question , but I changed my mind since , there are some - kinda - :D

Anyway, I hope we will have enough time to download the update. My internet pretty much sucks. No, is because of the "location", not the .. money :)

24 minutes ago, Alcorion said:

Probably a update will be required after maintenance on 3rd October. If classic servers will be released during the weekly maintenance, we will have some hours before servers will get on, to download changes. Since live and classic version will use same client, size of the update should be not so big.

Fair enough. I hope they will inform as at some point to know for sure. Communication is everything :) 

Archived