Dwarves

Lachy

Have not played since C4 in Bartz so I'm clueless about classes in classic and all I see is talks of CPs. Dwarves have always been my favorite race and I enjoy both warsmith and spoiler, would appreciate some input on the status of these 2 classes as far as PVP/PVE and demand in parties.

I imagine spoiler would be welcome to CPs as everyone is gonna be looking for ways to make some adena. =) I don't know if the same could be said for WS, but I'm new to classic as well! That said, if playtime allows I'll be making a WS at some point hoping to help fund shots at least.

14 minutes ago, FatHips said:

dwarfs are for making money [period]

You haven't play classic it seems. Dwarves are pretty good in oly. Spoiler has 2 types of stuns one of which cancels buffs. WS is also pretty good in oly. Both are decent in open pvp. If a robe class has a dwarf on their ass they are pretty much toast. In 1.5 there is no stun resist (other than EE's buff) and stun lands almost 100%.

21 minutes ago, Enterdisplayname said:

You haven't play classic it seems. Dwarves are pretty good in oly. Spoiler has 2 types of stuns one of which cancels buffs. WS is also pretty good in oly. Both are decent in open pvp. If a robe class has a dwarf on their ass they are pretty much toast. In 1.5 there is no stun resist (other than EE's buff) and stun lands almost 100%.

You can't stun if you can't catch someone.

Dwarfs run slow and can easily be kited around like a little baby. I know I use to play a dwarf before the rush skills were implemented.

Also remember, root and mana burn then poof the dwarf is screwed.

4 hours ago, FatHips said:

dwarfs are for making money [period]

Dwarves in classic are pretty stout, Any class can be countered in classic the only ones to be feared most the time are DA's in oly, a Warsmith played right can wreck people but, keep thinking the way you do, i'll be posting some videos when oly does come to classic on my warsmith, going to be some tears when people get beat by a warsmith.

Lachy it's the same as it has always been with a few bonuses, in classic spoils actually land and golems don't take exp from the master and they are beefed up some. As always in general partys warsmiths are the extra dd, not as welcomed, until someone needs some shots or gear crafted then they'll be your best friend. Spoilers will be welcomed gladly in most exp partys for free loot for everyone. In the beginning of this new server nukers will reign in Exp single target and aoe for exp and in pvp since no one has any decent jewels. 

I'd love to have a dorf main a member of my clan starting off for classic. Being stun-locked sucks. (Flashbacks to fighting Gicobbe in oly /vomit) I think it would be rude to ask a clannie dorf to craft for free, but all them offered. Fact is I think the amount of dorf mains, not just starting a dorf for quick cash, are going to be quite fewer the first few patches. People tend to steer towards ranged.

the clan i am going to when server opens i think i will be the only warsmith main atm, it takes someone who really loves the class to main it, i have been playing warsmith since 2005, only time i hated the class was when GoD opened and the destroyed it couldnt even get a golem till 99 pfff and they ruined the craft system with some bs. i still kept on being the oddball main tho, so glad its back to what it should be for warsmiths.

Archived