Forums

A few questions from a returning player...

DJR

Hi all,

I used to play on the Gustin server many years ago, I had a lv78 Cardinal by the time I left the game back in...2009 I think. Since hearing of the classic server launch, I've been excited to get back into a game that I enjoyed so much all those years ago, but it looks like things have changed somewhat since then, so perhaps someone could fill me in on a few things?

- What is Skelth? I've seen lots of mentions of this EU classic server (and being from the UK) I was interested in finding out more. From what I've found, this is a private EU classic server?

- It looks like there's a lot of speculation about the classic server being for NA players only - does anyone have any official confirmation on this? I used to play on Gustin because I had friends there, despite it being a NA server. The ping never seemed to affect my gameplay, so this won't bother me for the classic server either I suspect.

- A lot has changed since I quit the game, I've got a busy full-time job, I've got married, and had a child. This means that I'll only really be able to play 1-2 hours a night, including weekends sadly. So it's very unlikely that I'll be taking part in siege battles and the Olympiad. Is anyone else in a similar situation to me? My wife will be joining me in returning to Lineage II, by pure chance, she used to play the game too on a different server - something we didn't know about each other when we first met! We're looking to play very casually for the nostalgia, and hoping to find people in the same boat.

- Anything else that's changed that I should know about?

I'm sure I had another question to ask... but it escapes me.

Thanks in advance for anyone who decides to fill me in!

- What is Skelth? I've seen lots of mentions of this EU classic server (and being from the UK) I was interested in finding out more. From what I've found, this is a private EU classic server?

https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/651426/ I never played there but you seem to be right. Compared to the official classical Skelth looks like a C4 patch, instead of the "1.5" official will run. so a big diffrent with the IG content; read the FAQ 

- It looks like there's a lot of speculation about the classic server being for NA players only - does anyone have any official confirmation on this? I used to play on Gustin because I had friends there, despite it being a NA server. The ping never seemed to affect my gameplay, so this won't bother me for the classic server either I suspect.

They will open 2 servers, Talking Island GMT-5 ("NA") and a Giran GMT +1 :). 

- A lot has changed since I quit the game, I've got a busy full-time job, I've got married, and had a child.

You descibe my situation there, played on some private servers after the good old days but nothing really comes close to the nostalgica I feel about the classical gameplay. So ill give it a try with the time I got :)

I'll keep this short and sweet.

1. Skelth is an official classic server, not a private server. Innova group started euro based lineage 2 servers when Goddess of Destruction launch.

2. NCWest only officially supports NA players, however you should still be able to play like you have in the past if you're a member of the UK, only certain countries are ip blocked.

3. There are changes, however in the version we're starting on with. Classic 1.5 you'll find a lot of it more familiar that you think.

4. Casuals always have a place to play, just don't expect to be leveling crazy fast. Over a month or 2 to hit 40+ for sure at 1-2 hours a day.

Archived