Why NCWest is trying to "please" vocal minority outcry?

pajausk

YOU WILL NEVER MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. COMMUNITY OUTCRY WILL HAPPEN REGARDLESS WHAT YOU WILL DO. Keep everything what supposed to be in classic client. No need to remove macro loops. Macro loops are the tools which allows casuals be more competitive in leveling. It is also a tool to lower difference between legit player and cheaters which adrenaline and other type of boting software.

Macro loop will still be a case regardless you remove it or not. People these says have macro keyboard/mouse so there wont be any effect on them.

You should better focusing on how you stop botting instead of removing key features of the chronicle.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, pajausk said:

Macro loops are the tools which allows casuals be more competitive in leveling.

Let me rephrase. Casual players need 9 accounts to survive and be more competitive so they need macro loops for it.

It is from my point of view a real casual player don't even need more then 1 account and is fine with just the regular macro system clicking it once every 5 minutes by himself. Not clicking a auto-loop and go AFK for the next 90 minutes. Come'on people.

16 minutes ago, pajausk said:

YOU WILL NEVER MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. COMMUNITY OUTCRY WILL HAPPEN REGARDLESS WHAT YOU WILL DO. Keep everything what supposed to be in classic client. No need to remove macro loops. Macro loops are the tools which allows casuals be more competitive in leveling. It is also a tool to lower difference between legit player and cheaters which adrenaline and other type of boting software.

Macro loop will still be a case regardless you remove it or not. People these says have macro keyboard/mouse so there wont be any effect on them.

You should better focusing on how you stop russian invasion and botting instead of removing key features of the chronicle.

this is not a key feature of 1.5 version... it was added in later patch

Just now, CoffeeTime said:

Let me rephrase. Casual players need 9 accounts to survive and be more competitive so they need macro loops for it.

It is from my point of view a real casual player don't even need more then 1 account and is fine with just the regular macro system clicking it once every 5 minutes by himself. Not clicking a auto-loop and go AFK for the next 90 minutes. Come'on people.

let me rephrase. window limit 3. anyone who has 9 windows logged should be banned. easy as that.

25 minutes ago, pajausk said:

You should better focusing on how you stop russian invasion and botting instead of removing key features of the chronicle.

I really don't remember having loop macros back in 2004, yeah keep it classic like it was before, no macros.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, pajausk said:

Lol. If you could only read RU servers forums and look at endless shitstorm about loop macroses and how everybody hates them for last 2 years after they were implemented.

This is not vocal minority, NA servers should learn on other servers mistakes, not repeat them.

p.s. and also... auto-loop macros will not make casual players more competitive, they will force all competitive players to make farm-trains, that will work 24/7. and after that nobody will be happy, because casuals will never upgrade equipment at the same level as top players with trains, and top players will hate to play this game, where they forced to play stupid farm trains to stay on the top.

1 hour ago, pajausk said:

You should better focusing on how you stop and botting instead of removing key features of the chronicle.

Agree 100%. botting is what kill servers and they should be NCWest's main concern.

18 minutes ago, xxbutcherxx said:

I really don't remember having loop macros back in 2004, yeah keep it classic like it was before, no macros.

Thanks

This game isn't purely a remaster of C1, C2 ect. This is a game within itself with quality of life additions.

It is very frustrating to hear people constantly stating "oh this isn't true classic" because this game they are creating is Lineage 2 but it isn't Lineage 2 C1.

I would like to see where @Juji @Hime has posted they were creating a server to replicate the start of Lineage 2. This post would not exist. What we have is a post explaining the new rule sets and expectations to have.

So people please stop saying "This isn't true classic" when in reality it is classic. This is the game we are given there should be no other expectation then those set by NcWest.

Just now, LightRider said:

This game isn't purely classic. This isnt C1, C2 ect. This is a game within itself with quality of life additions.

It is very frustrating to hear people constantly stating "oh this isn't true classic" because this game they are creating is Lineage 2 but it isn't Lineage 2 C1.

I would like to see where @Juji @Hime has posted they were creating a server to replicate the start of Lineage 2. This post would not exist. What we have is a post explaining the new rule sets and expectations to have.

So people please stop saying "This isn't true classic" when in reality it is classic. This is the game we are given there should be no other expectation then those set by NcWest.

some people have tried classic in RU or in EU and is a good thing to learn from your mistakes. it doesn't mean that if its there is good. it might be good it might not but when it comes to loop macros it has been proven that is not good.

17 minutes ago, existenz said:

some people have tried classic in RU or in EU and is a good thing to learn from your mistakes. it doesn't mean that if its there is good. it might be good it might not but when it comes to loop macros it has been proven that is not good.

Where it has been proved? I know botters still strong there and you come talk shit about macro here.. lol

Looping macros help everyone, having a PP able to follow you and not get stuck on stuff as easily, and having it able to heal you after x delay or buff etc is super useful while farming. Not everyone gonna do a 9 man macro party, hell watching most people try is hilarious because the fail and everyone dies. Stop removing things because 6 kids cry.

If you have looping macros you just raise the bar for casual players. Now they have to run 3 boxes 24/7 to even be casual. If they don't they will just be rock bottom. No levels, no adena, no one to play with...

Name one server where people are happy with running macros (Skelth, RU servers, any server).

49 minutes ago, Taunt said:

"Not everyone gonna do a 9 man macro party, hell watching most people try is hilarious because the fail and everyone dies. Stop removing things because 6 kids cry."

That ^.... wait until you see all areas with Korean, Russian and Chinese botting groups and don't get me started with the Catacombs.

49 minutes ago, xxbutcherxx said:

That ^.... wait until you see all areas with Korean, Russian and Chinese botting groups and don't get me started with the Catacombs.

Yeah, ILLEGAL botting groups, who risk to be banned and lose everything.

Lets just make them LEGAL because somebody wants his PP to heal him each 10 seconds without alt-tab.

2 hours ago, existenz said:

What is good or bad in one region doesn't mean it is bad for another. Personally I believe macros should keep their looping ability for the following reasons.

1. Easier to get up and stretch during a grind session and not feel like you need to rush back to your computer.

2. Easier to box support. If you are going to farm with a dorf or whatever it is a pain to switch between screens and constantly buff or dance when boxing.

3. Easier to continue contributing to your party when you have to look up information, or an emergency happens.

People focus greatly on the negative aspects. One could argue that it can be used to gain an advantage over people who do not afk macro but it has also been stated that you should be looking at your computer or keeping an eye out when you are using the looping macro mainly because a GM could think you are botting and simply ban you.

What should be taken away is the ability to change the next target feature. You should not be able to change whether you attack mobs or players with next target. This would help with combating people who abuse the auto looping since they have a chance to flag if they stand next to a flagged person and attack them.

Auto macro should remain. There are more positives than negatives in this case.

Edit cause: I believe juji and Hime should really read this.

@Juji @Hime

31 minutes ago, TrOLLw said:

GUYS STOP FIGHTING EQCHOTHER.  THEY ARE ONLY TRYING TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

I TOO WAS UPSET BUT THEN I REMEMBERED BACK IN OG LINEAGE THEYD SAY STUFF LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME "WE SENT IT TO THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM".  

NOTHING WOULD EVER HAPPEN. NCSOFT CMS ARE THE EQUIVALENT OF TEETHLESS OLD MEN TRYING TO GUM DOWN AN APPLE.

RELAX. TRUST ME MACROS WILL BE THERR.

PS. MAKE DEATH DROP GREAT AGAIN

As much as I hate to admit it Mr.W is correct. They say a lot and do very little.

Just now, Yati said:

Why do not I see crying about auto-pickup money? It was not in 2004, right? So new Classic by NCSoft or half Classic by crying players?

You are the kind of players that gonna play for 2 weeks and then quit. Right?

Archived