Keep Looping Macro!!!

GniTs

Dunno what is better or not, in skelth i was making my own pts with people that wanted to loop macro and go to their jobs, i was driving the pt for 14 hours per day and if someone died and he is not at home to rez and put again the macro too bad i had to replace with someone else who wanted to come and after 10 min put loop macro and go afk, that was my life from december till february managed to get from 55 to 78 lvl with a minimum of 12-14 hours gameplay. I know most ppl are old they cant handle that, they dont got the time and here is the thing: 

1) you leave macros so we can get chars we need in pt so you can drive if you are active and get your levels but it gets really boring driving alone without anyone to talk for hours but at least you get what you wanted done or 

2) you remove the loop macro to get active people to talk to but then again you exp less time so you are forced into at least making 3 chars pp/bd/dd so you can keep farming even when no-one is around.

My 2 cents i cant decide what is better, sure for economy purposes loop macro is retarded been there, seen that in skelth but without it you will be left to either search for an active clan that have ppl like you inside that can handle exp for hours or you just need 2 pcs to make 6 man pt. 

Ideally i would prefer a world without loop macro and people that i can at least play for 6-7 hours so i can have pts running without problems but that will never happen.

9 minutes ago, PhoenixKnight said:

Loop macros exist here for couple years and bots are here like 10 years. So there is nothing related with bots and macros. Get over it. Loop macros just make boxing easier. U can easily wipe a macro pt from farm spot, but u can't do the same to bot party since they use AI.

nah bruh loop macros are legit bots if u know how to set up the macros that is and thankfully there is a site for every1 to use to set up those godly afk looping bot macros that run 9 man trains legitly https://l2wiki.com/classic/Macros

5 minutes ago, BodybuilderIRL said:

nah bruh loop macros are legit bots if u know how to set up the macros that is and thankfully there is a site for every1 to use to set up those godly afk looping bot macros that run 9 man trains legitly https://l2wiki.com/classic/Macros

dont lie more, macros is not a bot!

Edited by Sayonara

1 minute ago, BodybuilderIRL said:

Trust me botters won't bother to make macro loop parties. Botters using 3rd party program which has more features than macroing. Removing loop macro will not effect to bot counts. Botters are botters for years. Macro is not the way they use. Mostly "drivers" use macro loot parties. All pt members login an set loop macro to 1 alive person. Rest sleeps on nights. Thats how they farm more than 12 h + per day. And if it is game feature, crying is pointless. Use or not it depends on you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beleaua said:

Back then there were full parties of bots everywhere, paying $15 a month and still not cared about being banned. In many ways those are more dangerous than looping macros. Ban looping macros and players will use real bots which are worse. Keep looping macros and players will switch to looping macros to stay legit. With looping macros you will mostly see parties of 3 because most will use just one pc while bots bypass this limit. I don't care what they will do, keep or remove loop macros, just giving some possible alternatives. Btw nostromo and other automatic macros were allowed as long as you were at the pc.

Yeah, bots are bad... they're also easy to detect and ban. The problem with bots is that in the past, NC has unofficially allowed botting by rarely enforcing the rule against botting, even though it's incredibly easy to detect when someone is botting and therefore also easy to ban all botters in a short period of time. The solution to the bot problem is not to make botting legit via ingame looping macros, as you're suggesting, but to actually enforce the rule against bots. What kind of clown world do you live in where you fix botting by literally legitimizing bots? lmfao! You fix the bot problem by banning bots.

If the rule against botting is actually enforced, and it could be enforced extremely easily, why then should looping macros be in the game? No one will bot if it means they get banned in <1 week of botting (and this is quite realistic), so removing looping macros wouldn't cause people to start botting, it would cause them to start playing the game as it was intended to be played.

I think what this boils down to, is that you're lazy. You want to progress in this game by pressing 1 button and walking away while the game plays itself for hours on end. This is ridiculous. Don't ruin the game for others because you don't want to play it. What you're asking for is utterly RIDICULOUS and your reasoning is similarly RIDICULOUS. 

7 minutes ago, L2Vet said:

No one will bot if it means they get banned in <1 week of botting (and this is quite realistic)

Man, are you serious? Go to Naia server and see bot scripters Until we have f2p subscribtion boters will  get profit with bans or without it

Edited by Sayonara

5 minutes ago, Sayonara said:

Man, are you serious? Go to Naia server and see bot scripters Until we have f2p subscribtion boters will  get profit with bans or without it

You're telling me on Naia, all botters are banned after less than one week of botting? If not, your example doesn't contradict my statement.

3 minutes ago, L2Vet said:

You're telling me on Naia, all botters are banned after less than one week of botting? If not, your example doesn't contradict my statement.

I'm talking about the real situation on ncwest servers, not about your desires

Edited by Sayonara
  • Like 1

Just now, L2Vet said:

What exactly is your point?

I think that а system of macros is an integral part of the gameplay, and  dont need to throw it out of the game. As for bots, they need to be fought more actively, but in reality they will still be in the game and overtaking players on the level and equipment even with all the macros

1 minute ago, Sayonara said:

I think that а system of macros is an integral part of the gameplay, and  dont need to throw it out of the game. As for bots, they need to be fought more actively, but in reality they will still be in the game and overtaking players on the level and equipment even with all the macros

How can something that didnt exist during the most popular times of L2 and was only implemented once the population started to go down "an integral part of the gameplay". IT'S NOT EVEN GAMEPLAY. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweetness said:

How can something that didnt exist during the most popular times of L2 and was only implemented once the population started to go down "an integral part of the gameplay". IT'S NOT EVEN GAMEPLAY. 

Classic also launched "once population started to go down"... we call em improvements.

Just now, Sayonara said:

I think that а system of macros is an integral part of the gameplay

Macros are fine, looping macros are not. If you want a system where you can press one button and go to sleep, then be honest. Don't mask it in this "I just want a system of macros" crap. What you're asking for is a feature that will play the game for you while you sleep/work/jack off/etc... and that is utterly ridiculous. If you hate playing the game so much, don't play.

The only reason bots exist is because NC refuses to ban them. This could change if enough people got mad about it, but instead of condemning cheating you want to make botting legit. 

I know what.  Let's get rid of bots AND looping macros.  Seriously, the whole bot discussion is misplaced here.  I agree NCWest has done a lousy job of stopping bots for 15 years and I'd be shocked if they suddenly got good at it now (much as I hope they will!).  But that has little to do with the looping macro discussion.  Allowing hunting with looping macros hurts the game.  Therefore, looping macros should be banned.  It's really that simple. 

• Like 1

Just now, L2Vet said:

The only reason bots exist is because NC refuses to ban them. This could change if enough people got mad about it, but instead of condemning cheating you want to make botting legit. 

so you think there is not enough ppl got mad about bots for 10 years ? Go check older forum please. I m playing here for 7-8 years. When I started bots were exist, and they are still exist.

Just now, Lawman said:

I know what.  Let's get rid of bots AND looping macros.  Seriously, the whole bot discussion is misplaced here.  I agree NCWest has done a lousy job of stopping bots for 15 years and I'd be shocked if they suddenly got good at it now (much as I hope they will!).  But that has little to do with the looping macro discussion.  Allowing hunting with looping macros hurts the game.  Therefore, looping macros should be banned.  It's really that simple. 

This is essentially my point as well. It's silly to bring bots into this. Botting is a separate issue that should be dealt with as well! 

11 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

How can something that didnt exist during the most popular times of L2 and was only implemented once the population started to go down "an integral part of the gameplay". 

It was implemented because it help to play for people

Korean developers know better how to make a game

Edited by Sayonara