Forums

Keep Looping Macro!!!

GniTs

3 minutes ago, Sayonara said:

It was implemented because it help to play for people

Korean developers know better how to make a game

Didnt they just get rid of it?

And you have it exactly right. "It help to play FOR people". Not helps PEOPLE play. 

Edited by Sweetness
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, L2Vet said:

. If you want a system where you can press one button and go to sleep, then be honest. Don't mask it in this "I just want a system of macros" crap. What you're asking for is a feature that will play the game for you while you sleep/work/jack off/etc... and that is utterly ridiculous. If you hate playing the game so much, don't play.

blah blah blah

Man, looping macros need for help support character,not for sleep near computer

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sayonara said:

blah blah blah

Man, looping macros need for help support character,not for sleep near computer

What help do you need with a support character? Just switch tabs, hit your buff macro or switch tabs and heal yourself. The problem isnt with support characters. 

The problem is with one person being able to run a 7 man party of archers and shit like that

Edited by Sweetness

5 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

What help do you need with a support character? Just switch tabs, hit your buff macro or switch tabs and heal yourself. The problem isnt with support characters. 

The problem is with one person being able to run a 7 man party of archers and shit like that

There is 3 box limit.

What @Sweetness said is exactly correct, this will not affect anyone running buffers, it only affects people running full trains, which makes the "legit" casual folks fall further behind, and makes other hardcore people have to do the same to keep up.

This is a good change, and the ones who benefit the most are casuals.  Just wait and see, trust those who have been around.

3 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

What does that have to do with the other people in the party? 

If there is 9 person in party why looping macro or regular macro matters ? Making an assist macro and sitting in front of monitor while pressing same button for hours is much more different ? And why you are okey with fishing ? It gives you exp fish stews and some buff stews which makes some classes less needed. U can sell stews and make adena. And its all happens when u are afk.

3 hours ago, L2Vet said:

Yeah, bots are bad... they're also easy to detect and ban. The problem with bots is that in the past, NC has unofficially allowed botting by rarely enforcing the rule against botting, even though it's incredibly easy to detect when someone is botting and therefore also easy to ban all botters in a short period of time. The solution to the bot problem is not to make botting legit via ingame looping macros, as you're suggesting, but to actually enforce the rule against bots. What kind of clown world do you live in where you fix botting by literally legitimizing bots? lmfao! You fix the bot problem by banning bots.

If the rule against botting is actually enforced, and it could be enforced extremely easily, why then should looping macros be in the game? No one will bot if it means they get banned in <1 week of botting (and this is quite realistic), so removing looping macros wouldn't cause people to start botting, it would cause them to start playing the game as it was intended to be played.

I think what this boils down to, is that you're lazy. You want to progress in this game by pressing 1 button and walking away while the game plays itself for hours on end. This is ridiculous. Don't ruin the game for others because you don't want to play it. What you're asking for is utterly RIDICULOUS and your reasoning is similarly RIDICULOUS. 

you're literally a clown yourself for not reading what i wrote, see the  message you quoted.

rest of it are your assumption and you make fun of your own assumptions.

did i say to legitimize bots? no. did i say i want to play with one button and walk away? no. how i am ruining your game if i'm pretty sure i'm not gonna play it for more than observing the game at start?  in the end i didn't ask for anything so all the ridiculous part is all yourself.

Back then there were full parties of bots everywhere, paying $15 a month and still not cared about being banned. In many ways those are more dangerous than looping macros. Ban looping macros and players will use real bots which are worse. Keep looping macros and players will switch to looping macros to stay legit. With looping macros you will mostly see parties of 3 because most will use just one pc while bots bypass this limit. I don't care what they will do, keep or remove loop macros, just giving some possible alternatives. Btw nostromo and other automatic macros were allowed as long as you were at the pc.

9 minutes ago, beleaua said:

you're literally an idiot for not reading what i wrote

The guy who can't even use a forum and speaks in broken English is calling me an idiot. I'm truly hurt. My response suited what you wrote just fine, you obviously lack the communication skills to comprehend what I said.

8 minutes ago, L2Vet said:

The guy who can't even use a forum and speaks in broken English is calling me an idiot. I'm truly hurt. My response suited what you wrote just fine, you obviously lack the communication skills to comprehend what I said.

not my fault  the forum stopped responding when i pressed submit reply and it actually committed the reply but it didn't close the window. i also haven't learned english in school nor that is my native language. you understood just fine. if you were around this forum for more time you would have known that most players left in this game are from europe.  keep barking at the wrong tree for making assumption about things i've never said.  the lack of communication skills are on your side, for spewing garbage not even related to what i said and making ridiculous assumptions.

Edited by beleaua

Just now, beleaua said:

not my fault  the forum stopped responding when i pressed submit reply and it actually committed the reply but it didn't close the window. i also haven't learned english in school nor that is my native language. if you were around this forum for more time you would have known that most players left in this game are from europe.  keep barking at the wrong tree for making assumption about things i've never said.  the lack of communication skills are on your side, for spewing garbage not even related to what i said and making ridiculous assumptions.

Oh what a surprise, you're not even in North America but you're still going to troll the forums shilling for a game-ruining addition and act like "it's not a big deal to you but actually looping macros are really good and prevent botting!"...

I said it once and I'll say it again, I THINK WHAT THIS BOILS DOWN TO, is that YOU'RE JUST LAZY. Notice the words "I THINK"? That means I'm speculating not stating a fact, so maybe take that into account before getting your panties twisted. You can claim you don't care whether looping macros are added or not, but you're clearly suggesting that looping macros are a good addition to the game. Actions speak louder than words, which I think makes my speculation reasonable. You're just lazy, and despite what you're saying, you're advocating for a feature that will allow you to press one button and go to bed while the game plays itself. Gtfo to your own server with stupid ideas like that.

13 minutes ago, L2Vet said:

Oh what a surprise, you're not even in North America but you're still going to troll the forums shilling for a game-ruining addition and act like "it's not a big deal to you but actually looping macros are really good and prevent botting!"...

I said it once and I'll say it again, I THINK WHAT THIS BOILS DOWN TO, is that YOU'RE JUST LAZY. Notice the words "I THINK"? That means I'm speculating not stating a fact, so maybe take that into account before getting your panties twisted. You can claim you don't care whether looping macros are added or not, but you're clearly suggesting that looping macros are a good addition to the game. Actions speak louder than words, which I think makes my speculation reasonable. You're just lazy, and despite what you're saying, you're advocating for a feature that will allow you to press one button and go to bed while the game plays itself. Gtfo to your own server with stupid ideas like that.

Why are you so angry? Just because EU has skeith doesn't mean all EU players like to play there.

I am a NA player and these kinds of posts are ridiculous. We live in a world where everyone is able to have opinions also are allowed to be heard. Lastly who are you to tell someone where to play?

Back to the main point. I posted the below reasoning in another post which I believe are reasons we should keep the looping macro system.

What we should be asking to be removed is the ability to adjust what next target does. We should not be able to change the settings to only next target mobs.

What is good or bad in one region doesn't mean it is bad for another.

1. Easier to get up and stretch during a grind session and not feel like you need to rush back to your computer.

2. Easier to box support. If you are going to farm with a dorf or whatever it is a pain to switch between screens and constantly buff or dance when boxing.

3. Easier to continue contributing to your party when you have to look up information, or an if emergency happens.

People focus greatly on the negative aspects. One could argue that it can be used to gain an advantage over people who do not afk macro but it has also been stated that you should be looking at your computer or keeping an eye out when you are using the looping macro mainly because a GM could think you are botting and simply ban you.

What should be taken away is the ability to change the next target feature. You should not be able to change whether you attack mobs or players with next target. This would help with combating people who abuse the auto looping since they have a chance to flag if they stand next to a flagged person and attack them.

Auto macro should remain. There are more positives than negatives in this case.

@Juji @Hime

There is a lot of ways of dealing with a loop macro, you can stun, you can bring mobs, you could drop itens (if ppl dont cry about dropping), stop trying to modificate the game, theres probably a reason why macros was inserted, probably to balance the grind between mages and other setups.

1º in this version its almost impossible to afk macro, always need man work behind the boxes;

2º if you ask to remove macros, you are either nonfactor, or you got mages party who doesnt rely on 10x more time grinding to reach same gear at the end levels;

#keeploopingmacros

28 minutes ago, L2Vet said:

you're just speculating even more. when did i ever troll the forum? it seems like the old forum is removed but you could have search for me there and see. you again quote something i have never said. i'm not phased by any of the options because it's not in my power to change things and i'm not a kid to believe  and overreact to everything they say. this is nc. since many years ago, when did they ever started listening to players or do anything that it's not in their interest? since when it's wrong to not be from NA? if you were around for some time you would have known the majority of players left in this game are not from NA.

i didn't criticize you for the lazy part just the others. before telling me i'm lazy  you said  "What kind of clown world do you live in where you fix botting by literally legitimizing bots? lmfao! ", while i haven't even made that statement where i want looping to stay. later you said "You want to progress in this game by pressing 1 button and walking away while the game plays itself for hours on end. This is ridiculous.". again assuming i'm for either of the options. then "What you're asking for is utterly RIDICULOUS and your reasoning is similarly RIDICULOUS. ", while i haven't asked absolutely anything.

further more, you don't even know how i play the game. i'm telling you now, old school by being active and with clan, not by afk macro. only if i need short break. yes, you really found the guy guilty for making the macro stay in this game and you really solved all the problems by attacking me. congrats!

question is, why do you still continue? you overreacted and were also wrong by attacking me on something i didn't say but yet you continue.

Edited by beleaua