Souls Shots in store gotta go

Drakkon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree it shouldn't be in the store, but if you watched the live stream, the cost of the soulshot/spritshot its crazy, unless you plan to dumb $30/hour of farm with shots they wont be purchased often, unless the market is dry. Since it's not tradeable.

@Juji @Hime I've been playing Lineage 2 since release, on and off again and I've not once posted to the forums in over 14 years of playing. I do however read majority of the threads and although against my nature not to jump in on complain trains like this, I do want to add my opinion on this as it hits hard on the nostalgia for me.

I have to agree that I would also like the shots/mats removed from the L2Store. I'll admit I've spent my fair share buying items in the store over the years. It's what it took to stay competitive in retail as the game advanced. However, the "Struggles" is what I look forward to the most with Classic. Joining AoE parties to save a few adena here and there, grinding non-stop with no ss's to save even more, etc.  

I also have to admit that I do not believe this will "significantly" impact Dwarfs or Crafters but it does impact player level progression. Not having tons of adena to buy SS/BSS and not having access to SS/BSS in the L2Store was another bottleneck that made you slow down your leveling by turning off SS's so you could save the extra money for a new weapon, or new piece of armor upgrade. It's why I love hardcore leveling games like L2Classic. You had to be conservative, think about every single SS you used or item you bought, plan way ahead, etc. and the few that took the time to make Dwarfs up-front reaped the rewards.

Just my opinion and it seems like majority of the player base is on the same complain train with me.

55 minutes ago, Taunt said:

I agree it shouldn't be in the store, but if you watched the live stream, the cost of the soulshot/spritshot its crazy, unless you plan to dumb $30/hour of farm with shots they wont be purchased often, unless the market is dry. Since it's not tradeable.

Some people will have more money than Adena really and to be honest the price isn't what gets me. It's the fact you can buy them whenever you wish and that isn't the "classic" l2 experience. Speaking of the price too then this will be a easy sure-fire way to ensure that big spenders are forever T4 VIP as well. 

Soul Shots on the store appear to be very expensive, and even for the whales would be idiots to invest.
Even in classic, soul shots were generally affordable for leveling, but when in larger groups you would save and turn them off.

I personally believe that SS on the market will reduce the likelihood of price gouging and keep the market cost of SS more reliable/steady and those investing in SS via the market are simply wasting their money.

None of the items thus far on the market i would consider 'pay to win' but rather 'pay to level faster', to which, given this is a FREE GAME, i have absolutely no issues with. 

9 hours ago, Blows said:

is like: 1000 silver coin x 1 crafted leather? p2w????? i dont guess it

9xpPTtb.pngR1x13Wp.png

If silver coin's droprate is 100% for  a mob of equal level (while vip4), it could be potentially more profitable being vip4 than having a spoiler.

/discuss

6 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

9xpPTtb.pngR1x13Wp.png

If silver coin's droprate is 100% for  a mob of equal level (while vip4), it could be potentially more profitable being vip4 than having a spoiler.

/discuss

I was under the impression that juji mentioned it wasn't 100% drop rate. I dont see it a big deal. If not 100% drop rate at those prices it will be a small perk for vip4. They have to make money.

9 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

He only said the wouldn't receive silver coins because of the level difference, while in Dion outskirts.

I mean even if it is. 1150 mobs for 5 mold hardener? I can see where it may lessen the need for a spoiler in a small way. People are going to try and get the bulk of mats cheaper than in the ncstore. vip4 dorfs should do well. it will mean more crafts overall which will translate into more spoiling needed. the drop rate and how many vip4's will have an effect on the market of the materials though. Could increase the price could lower them. I'm not worried about anything they put in the store tbh.

@Juji Could you be so kind as to answer some questions regarding Silver coins?

• Is silver coin drop rate the same across all levels?
  • what is silver coins real drop chance? can you give me a table for a level der?
  • are silver coins a account bound item, or character bound?
  • Is the silver coin drop rate affected by party mechanics?

Thank you in advance

1 minute ago, Stig said:

I mean even if it is. 1150 mobs for 5 mold hardener? I can see where it may lessen the need for a spoiler in a small way. People are going to try and get the bulk of mats cheaper than in the ncstore. vip4 dorfs should do well. it will mean more crafts overall which will translate into more spoiling needed. the drop rate and how many vip4's will have an effect on the market of the materials though. Could increase the price could lower them.

Exactly!

And I really , really , really believe that the drop rate will not be 100%. He killed few mobs in Dion and he didn't got any.

So is safe to say that the drop rate of Silver Coins will be low.

If I'm wrong however, this might change stuffs a bit, but let's hope that you get 5 for 100 mobs killed - or something like this -

2 minutes ago, Stig said:

I mean even if it is. 1150 mobs for 5 mold hardener? I can see where it may lessen the need for a spoiler in a small way. People are going to try and get the bulk of mats cheaper than in the ncstore. vip4 dorfs should do well. it will mean more crafts overall which will translate into more spoiling needed. the drop rate and how many vip4's will have an effect on the market of the materials though. Could increase the price could lower them. I'm not worried about anything they put in the store tbh.

Once people gets to a decent level, there will be people that will abuse this system.

You could level a lot of DDs, or even spoilers for coin+spoil, up till 20/30, cash in the coins, self trade the items via dimensional, and then craft something with them (to bypass the restriction on trade), easy profit

Low level mobs are quite easy to kill, and if theres no restriction on the source/drop for silver coins, this could be a really easy way to get high level or high qty mats.

Personally, I dont mind, I was just showing that is not "100000 SC x 1 leather", and tbh this is the reason I finally decided to buy the pack for my accs.

6 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Exactly!

And I really , really , really believe that the drop rate will not be 100%. He killed few mobs in Dion and he didn't got any.

So is safe to say that the drop rate of Silver Coins will be low.

If I'm wrong however, this might change stuffs a bit, but let's hope that you get 5 for 100 mobs killed - or something like this -

20 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

He only said he wouldn't receive silver coins because of the level difference, while in Dion outskirts.

5 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

Once people gets to a decent level, there will be people that will abuse this system.

You could level a lot of DDs, or even spoilers for coin+spoil, up till 20/30, cash in the coins, self trade the items via dimensional, and then craft something with them (to bypass the restriction on trade), easy profit

Low level mobs are quite easy to kill, and if theres no restriction on the source/drop for silver coins, this could be a really easy way to get high level or high qty mats.

Personally, I dont mind, I was just showing that is not "100000 SC x 1 leather", and tbh this is the reason I finally decided to buy the pack for my accs.

yea. if someone wants to farm like that i dont see much wrong with it. just like running several academy or mentor toons or low level dorfs for event items. if they want to spend their time for it all good.

17 minutes ago, Stig said:

yea. if someone wants to farm like that i dont see much wrong with it. just like running several academy or mentor toons or low level dorfs for event items. if they want to spend their time for it all good.

Oh, yeah ofc. im not running around like a headless chicken screaming "OMG BAD L2STORE!!! DISABLE ALL STORE"

Im just trying to get different perceptions of how this could change the overall economic dynamics ingame.

And, if Im lucky, get some real answers about how this feature work, when I buy something, I like to have as much info as possible on the variables.

Edit PS. As far as I know, event items weren't tradeable at all, mats could be.

There is a lot of these gift boxes and free-bees they are giving out; Vip Gift box, leveling gift box's and rewards, guild log in gift box , silver coins, and Fishing buffs. Never mind all of the +% drop rate and +% xp/Sp.

Don't get me wrong, I'll end up loving all of  it. Walking down memory lane sounds fun, and I'll be here for a while. Don't kid yourself though, this is going to be much easier than classic ever was.  No way this is anywhere near the difficulty of classic. 

11 hours ago, Drakkon said:

Watching the stream and I already dislike that you can buy soul shots. Selling soul shots was one of the main reasons people chose to play a Dwarf- to make money. By selling their feature in the store for real world money you are pretty much reducing their value as a class substantially. I don't care that they can't be traded either I would like them removed please thanks.  

I tried to warn you guys:

On 9/22/2018 at 8:14 AM, Devoid said:

Making dwarves is a very short sighted decision. This is GoD+ drop/spoil, so a BH is useless and WS is only useful in a clan setting (1-2/clan).

Plus, you will be getting a healthy injection of ss/sps (unblessed) throughout quests. VIPs/NCoin users won't need to buy shots at all.

On 9/25/2018 at 3:52 PM, Devoid said:
  • Welcome to GoD+ crafting system! The good thing is, you will be able to use VIP coins to buy mats sooner or later.

But the only responses (that racked in a healthy amount of +rep) were:

On 9/25/2018 at 10:16 PM, Taunt said:

@Devoid Please stop posting false information, especially since you clearly don't understand what classic is.

But now everyone is concerned after the livestream has shown the 'classic' version as is. It wasn't rocket science to understand that NCSoft would not grant a license to an outdated classic server version; so it will be one that works with current client - it will be Seven Signs where NCwest will remove some things and forget to remove some other things. The client will still show catas, I plan on logging in on the first week to prove my point.

I dont think so, the classic is coming from korea and they have to use it. All things he said what they have done for classic is really out of place cause all of those changed was already made with the classic korea/jap and russ. Its true the catas still there, it was the same on the russian and eu version. After few updates they open them for farming. in fact they have done nothing special and everything is like every other classic server who was launched.

But about the topic and the shop.....to sell ss and dragon fruit holy shit im sorry but WTF ? Remove this my godness

All other things like changing name/gender, hats and all that stuff is fine but i wasnt really expecting anything else, its still ncsoft.

For the materials i think its ok, he said that the drop rate of the coins is really low and it takes much time to get them.

12 hours ago, KABAL said:

No is not! 4 , 5$ for 1k shouts. Wtf? I mean, MAYBE there will be SOME who will buy it, but 99% from the players will NOT. 4/5$ and after 30 mins you're out of shouts. So say you farm 4 hours, thats 40$. I mean, really ? You guys must be blind or something to believe this will be a treat to the crafters.

Seriously now! Common sense please! I am very much against P2W items and such, but as of now, I see none.

No idea if you play the main version or not but L2 is quite crazy nowadays. Some players spend 30k-50k usd a year in this game, 100 bucks for shots is peanuts money for them.

Think this way. There is no crafter at the start of the game or for a few days. Someone wants to level faster than you giving the same time. What do they do? Buy the starting packs, achieve level 4 VIP for more xp and pve damage, buy xp scrolls from shop, buy ss from shop for more damage. All translated to faster xp per hour at the start of the game. He/she (and their clan) will be able to kill that random level 40 boss because he/she has the level and better damage with ss while you're probably still level 20. He will get D grade gear from boss to gear itself, sell for adena or make crystals for more ss. Killing enough bosses will probably give enough to get ss with ingame meanings and stop buying from store. With better gear and better level he/she will be able to hunt harder mobs and bosses for more xp and adena. That is how things escalate (snowball), from smaller things like little advantages. Of course that this scenario only matters to competitive players.

Yes, they grow fast, but also not only  1 clan can buy from L2Store. Every clan can and every CP can.

If there is only 1 side on the server buying and dominating then R.I.P. server, 1 sided no war no pvp nothing.

Then also:

- Clans can break up

- there can be drama, allies turning against each other

- CPs can break up, quit clans go to other clans or make their own

- ppl can quit for whatever reasons even the top players might have real life issues etc

In an ideal world:

Side A:

- 1 strong donator clan

- 2 more casual clans

Side B:

- 1 strong donator clan

- 2 more casual clans

The problem starts when the 2 strong donator/nolife clans ally. That means server is over.

Ha, it's the next thing to complain about.... Really I do not see an issue here. There were no B shots in the store and C grade were expensive as hell. There will be a few on the server that will buy their shots with $ money, but this will not kill off the crafting dorfs on the server. NCsoft be carefull though there is a fine line between pay for convenience and pay to win! 

Archived