Souls Shots in store gotta go

Drakkon

1 minute ago, KABAL said:

D grade SS's are in the Giran Shop which you can buy with Adena. Is that making you NOT to craft SSD's ? 

It costs 80 NcCoins to buy 1k of SSD's and 700 NcCoins to buy 1k BSSC's.

Now tell me again, how will the majority of players will spend around 10 euroes for 1k BSSC's. 

Waiting for your "awesome" explication of how crafters are ruinned.

I dont think about SSD on shop... i at least dont remember that.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ashnek said:

It's not about the amount you need right now for a mat or a soulshot, its about opening a door. For now they will start with those items and soon it will be p2w again. I would orient the conversation more towards what can they put in store that wont affect the game in a significant manner but that people will still want to buy so they can make their money. 

The point is that there has to be a compromise, on one side players want a nice clean experience to have fun while playing the game and also be competitive, on the other side NCWest wants to make money. For them putting things in store is easiest choice, there will always be some people that will spend crazy amounts of irl money on it. So idk, why dont we just start saying things that can be put there and will be beneficial for both sides.

A lot of companies are shifting towards using the ingame stores just to sell cosmetics and char management stuff (inv slots, name change, additionl char slots, etc)

I would've thought that the VIP bs and donation "game upgrades" (exp and drop runes, buffs and such) would be enough, ofc is not /s

4 minutes ago, Ashnek said:

It's not about the amount you need right now for a mat or a soulshot, its about opening a door. For now they will start with those items and soon it will be p2w again. I would orient the conversation more towards what can they put in store that wont affect the game in a significant manner but that people will still want to buy so they can make their money. 

The point is that there has to be a compromise, on one side players want a nice clean experience to have fun while playing the game and also be competitive, on the other side NCWest wants to make money. For them putting things in store is easiest choice, there will always be some people that will spend crazy amounts of irl money on it. So idk, why dont we just start saying things that can be put there and will be beneficial for both sides.

Well , until it will become a real P2W server, we can enjoy it as what is now. Is free 2 play. I am VERY much against P2W, but at least I have the opportunity to play Classic.

When I see to much P2W ( beside XP/SP/SS's - which i don't find them P2W ) , I'll be quitting.

1 minute ago, TheHoryon said:

I dont think about SSD on shop... i at least dont remember that.

If you are talking about first version of Lineage 2 from back in 2004, then yes. But it was later added in the Giran Shop. In 2006 if I am not wrong? One might correct me if I am.

2 minutes ago, KABAL said:

If you are talking about first version of Lineage 2 from back in 2004, then yes. But it was later added in the Giran Shop. In 2006 if I am not wrong? One might correct me if I am.

Yes yes... but in classic i played until Zaken update withot that. =)

1 minute ago, TheHoryon said:

Yes yes... but in classic i played until Zaken update withot that. =)

Oh, I understand now what you are saying. Still , people will always buy from crafters rather then shop/cash shop , since is cheaper. 

So i'll say it again, crafters WILL be fine. No one will pay 5$ for 1k SSD's. Period!

I have to agree, but they have to make a revenue stream somewhere and this is as least game breaking as it comes.

But I do admit this sucks, it also will make Mages abnormally strong, normally mages lose money to XP solo with bsps, that won't be the case with store bought bsps.

I vote for a $10 access fee instead.

3 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I have to agree, but they have to make a revenue stream somewhere and this is as least game breaking as it comes.

But I do admit this sucks, it also will make Mages abnormally strong, normally mages lose money to XP solo with bsps, that won't be the case with store bought bsps.

Same can be said with archers with the high amount of ss per shot with a bow. Mages with cdl I don’t think lose money on xp solo. 

10 minutes ago, FatHips said:

1k bssd are close to 4$ in the shop we've seen, that lasts for maybe 30 min exp

And you're forgetting something, you need a D weap to use D shots.

3 minutes ago, vsD said:

1k bssd are close to 4$ in the shop we've seen, that lasts for maybe 30 min exp

And you're forgetting something, you need a D weap to use D shots.

Problem is this puts an artificial "Ceiling" for shots in the game, which is bad.

I still say that its a thing of not letting them do this. Maybe this item in particular isnt bad, ignoring the fact that it gives a pvp advantage which i personally think its quite bad, but it will be something worse after, and so on until its like live version. Lets be a constructive community and give them ideas. There are certain aspects of this game that even though they add to the experience i would consider that can be bypassed:

For example, 

- When you are exping and you have to go back to town or ask someone to bring you soulshots so you dont loose spot. They could add a montly fee that would let them use an onsite store where they still pay adena at the price of the town or even bit more expensive, for the same items that are sold on town shop. 

- Even learning skills, i remember how annoying it was to go back to town and learn new skills. I would put that back and put monthly fee or something like that to be able to learn the skills on site. 

I know maybe those are dumb things but, i dont know some ideas to start rolling. They do have to make money, and we can be constructive and give ideas that dont ruin the game experience. All i have noticed so far is we complain and complain but dont give solutions.

27 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Problem is this puts an artificial "Ceiling" for shots in the game, which is bad.

No is not! 4 , 5$ for 1k shouts. Wtf? I mean, MAYBE there will be SOME who will buy it, but 99% from the players will NOT. 4/5$ and after 30 mins you're out of shouts. So say you farm 4 hours, thats 40$. I mean, really ? You guys must be blind or something to believe this will be a treat to the crafters.

Seriously now! Common sense please! I am very much against P2W items and such, but as of now, I see none.

Archived