Thank you NCSoft West!

Zaaka

For making the best decisions on what you want the classic servers to be like. I think every single decision you have made is with love for the players and to provide the best experience. You kept it classic where it mattered and got rid of some annoying things that we shouldn't have to deal with from other classic iterations (including the original one)

This is the classic server I want to play! (Even though I'm from the EU) Just like I loved playing there back in 2004+ 

5 minutes ago, H0unter said:

Which decisions?Examples?

No item drop on death: They explained how they went through old logs and saw how this was the most frustrating thing to people cuz it was mainly used to grief people. Stun people at a critical moment when hunting mobs. (To the critics: Don't worry there will be plenty of other stuff to PVP over)

No looping macros: It is confirmed. They want us to play the game together and have fun!

Fishing is automated: New fishing system so if you want to do something useful while afk you can fish! The rewards are good.

No instances for hunting: There will only be open world hunting. No hiding away because you don't want to face the music from the clan you just pissed off. PVP! :)

No auction house: Get that private store up at a strategic location to make more money than you would on the AH.

9 people in a party: Again they encurage us to play together and because there are 31 classes there is a spot in groups for most classes! (No we don't need an overlord the AOE root is not THAT needed)

Content updates ongoingly: Based on player progression they will add new content. No having to wait for the korean devs. It will all happen in the pace the server is moving.

And much more... :) 

5 minutes ago, Zaaka said:

No item drop on death: They explained how they went through old logs and saw how this was the most frustrating thing to people cuz it was mainly used to grief people. Stun people at a critical moment when hunting mobs. (To the critics: Don't worry there will be plenty of other stuff to PVP over)

No looping macros: It is confirmed. They want us to play the game together and have fun!

Fishing is automated: New fishing system so if you want to do something useful while afk you can fish! The rewards are good.

No instances for hunting: There will only be open world hunting. No hiding away because you don't want to face the music from the clan you just pissed off. PVP! :)

No auction house: Get that private store up at a strategic location to make more money than you would on the AH.

9 people in a party: Again they encurage us to play together and because there are 31 classes there is a spot in groups for most classes! (No we don't need an overlord the AOE root is not THAT needed)

Content updates ongoingly: Based on player progression they will add new content. No having to wait for the korean devs. It will all happen in the pace the server is moving.

Nice review!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Zaaka said:

For making the best decisions on what you want the classic servers to be like. I think every single decision you have made is with love for the players and to provide the best experience. You kept it classic where it mattered and got rid of some annoying things that we shouldn't have to deal with from other classic iterations (including the original one)

This is the classic server I want to play! (Even though I'm from the EU) Just like I loved playing there back in 2004+ 

so far only one thing has changed from the other iterations and that is drop on death you. eu/ru finally received the change of their long time request to remove looping macros. you could also say that l2 store  is another change but kr also have it.

1 hour ago, Zaaka said:

what do you mean not having to wait for korean devs? they are the ones developing the game and you have to wait for them at some point when you applied all the patches. they decided to not rush updates as soon as koreans develop them and wait for the server to catch up slowly the apply another update. it makes sense since regions as kr/eu/ru started years ago and they also progressed slowly to this point.

Archived