QUESTION: European Players Ping

Sung

44 minutes ago, YoungNastyMan said:

Severs have to be located somewhere in the world.... how retarded can you be. For the first time in years a major server is located in the states instead of europe calm your tits. We have had to deal with ping issues and batttleping vpns in order to compete the whole time. Suck the bleep up and pay the 6 bucks a month for battle ping and you will be fine.....jesus 

The thing is, even with Battleping/WTFast, its still not enough for most of us Genious..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sung said:

we never opened any server with -8 on EU, coz they were for EU, they're opening a server on EU timezone, therefore we expect some support on this matter

Roughly nobody wants to play on EU...the EU servers never get as many players as the Russian ones or North American's one. It would make no sense for Innova to open a server for NA/SA on a -5 or whatever timezone, simply because they can't make 1 server full, much less opening 2 , and making them EU and NA timezoned, like NCWest is doing.

I know you guys feel that you deserve some support ( and by support you literally mean locating a server on Europe for lower ping, which NCSoft simply CANNOT DO), but the truth is one and plain: Skelth is your OFFICIAL supported server. NCWest offers their NA based servers with EU timezones to whoever wants to play in it, knowing the ping and currency will be NA-like.

4 minutes ago, Sung said:

we never opened any server with -8 on EU, coz they were for EU, they're opening a server on EU timezone, therefore we expect some support on this matter

So you would prefer them to not try and cater to the EU population somewhat by at least doing what they can and giving you a server that suits your play time? Bro I've had to use battleping and stay up till 5 am waiting on Baium spawns because of Euro focused severs. Be grateful they are doing what they can to try and support an obvious euro based portion of the population in a game not ment for their region. 

On 9/30/2018 at 3:34 AM, killerPrice said:

Roughly nobody wants to play on EU...the EU servers never get as many players as the Russian ones or North American's one. It would make no sense for Innova to open a server for NA/SA on a -5 or whatever timezone, simply because they can't make 1 server full, much less opening 2 , and making them EU and NA timezoned, like NCWest is doing.

I think you vastly underestimate how many Europeans would play on a free Classic server. The subscription model was never popular in these parts, and considering how unhappy people are with Skelth's administration and with the direction the game is going I'm willing to bet a good number of Skelth players would move here.  

Not to mention that it would utterly kill many low-rate private servers which are very popular here.  

On 9/30/2018 at 3:34 AM, killerPrice said:

I know you guys feel that you deserve some support ( and by support you literally mean locating a server on Europe for lower ping, which NCSoft simply CANNOT DO), but the truth is one and plain: Skelth is your OFFICIAL supported server. NCWest offers their NA based servers with EU timezones to whoever wants to play in it, knowing the ping and currency will be NA-like.

Oh? Are you an NCSoft representative to reliably determine what the company CAN or CANNOT do? Stop speaking in their name and exaggerating, you've got no idea what their plans are. Just because you had to use gaming networks means that now Europeans have to as well, is that it? That way it's fair right? Don't take this the wrong way but that's some serious backwards illiterate mentality.  

Who cares what Europeans say they want? Non technical people rarely understand what they want, but know what they need: low ping on Giran. This matter can be more easily resolved by having an EU proxy to Giran at their disposal. That's cheaper and that way everybody is happy.  

I'm sure that if some rando EU privates managed to implement proxies for you guys in NA and the guys over in SEA, a big company such as NCSoft could easily use such a solution as well.  

On 30/9/2018 at 2:30 AM, Sung said:

whats the thing u dont understand? NA servers are supposed to be only for NA , GMT+1 DOESNT MEANS THEY HAVE TO SUPPORT EUROPEAN PLAYERS . Because they can use any timezone they want because the servers are from NCsoft and not yours , got it kid? stop crying and play the game how it will be or stay in your lovely server skelth (im from eu btw)

4 minutes ago, xIcarus said:

I think you vastly underestimate how many Europeans would play on a free Classic server. The subscription model was never popular in these parts, and considering how unhappy people are with Skelth's administration and with the direction the game is going I'm willing to bet a good number of Skelth players would move here.  

Not to mention that it would utterly kill many low-rate private servers which are very popular here.  

Oh? Are you an NCSoft representative to reliably determine what the company CAN or CANNOT do? Stop speaking in their name and exaggerating, you've got no idea what their plans are. Just because you had to use gaming networks means that now Europeans have to as well, is that it? That way it's fair right? Don't take this the wrong way but that's some serious backwards illiterate mentality.  

Who cares what Europeans say they want? Non technical people rarely understand what they want, but know what they need: low ping on Giran. This matter can be more easily resolved by having an EU proxy to Giran at their disposal. That's cheaper and that way everybody is happy.  

Everything i know for sure about what NCsoft can or cannot do is public information, a lot of it said by themselves along the years. What I don't know for sure, I say exactly how it is: "i'm not sure".
On the many many posts, what europeans have been said is that they want/deserve a server located physically on Europe so they can have lower ping, because if NcSoft is going to offer a GMT +1 timezone, why not the location too?
The REAL SOLUTION i suggested was to contact support and/or GM's on forum to ask about the possibility of proxies server-sided on Giran's login, offering some reduced ping, but you guys are still playing a whole ocean apart from the physical server.

I accept the fact that if I want to play on a NA or EU server, i will have some high ping, and I do what I can to play smoothly if I accept the reality i will be on. It is up to you and the rest of the EU players ( i know it is not all of them that have the rant of DEMANDING this and that from a North American based company/server) to understand what you want and if it is ok to play here as it is. Otherwise...there is always Innova + a lot of very decent private servers for you guys to play with 30~50 ping.

9 minutes ago, killerPrice said:

Everything i know for sure about what NCsoft can or cannot do is public information, a lot of it said by themselves along the years. What I don't know for sure, I say exactly how it is: "i'm not sure".
On the many many posts, what europeans have been said is that they want/deserve a server located physically on Europe so they can have lower ping, because if NcSoft is going to offer a GMT +1 timezone, why not the location too?
The REAL SOLUTION i suggested was to contact support and/or GM's on forum to ask about the possibility of proxies server-sided on Giran's login, offering some reduced ping, but you guys are still playing a whole ocean apart from the physical server.

I accept the fact that if I want to play on a NA or EU server, i will have some high ping, and I do what I can to play smoothly if I accept the reality i will be on. It is up to you and the rest of the EU players ( i know it is not all of them that have the rant of DEMANDING this and that from a North American based company/server) to understand what you want and if it is ok to play here as it is. Otherwise...there is always Innova + a lot of very decent private servers for you guys to play with 30~50 ping.

I highly doubt NCSoft cannot place their servers in the EU if they so please, they even have Innova at hand already doing it for them with Classic.  

I agree with you that demanding and 'deserving' in general is a ridiculous way of asking for stuff from a game company. But the argument that the server is already CET (GMT+1) is pertinent. You say that this is intended to be a NA Classic release, but why would they make one of their servers CET then? It's not like you NA guys are gonna play on it, it sounds to me like they want to cover both NA and the EU with this release, but the overlap with Innova is the part which I can't find an explanantion for.
Was Innova's Classic a beta test so to speak? I mean at this point it feels like Innova's Classic was old Lineage 2 with the good parts of the new Lineage 2, while this Classic release is the good parts of Innova's Classic. 

Even if we're playing from across the ocean, proxies make everything almost as good as being there - I've played Canadian hosted privates with EU proxies and great ping. 
Speaking about privates, you mentioned decent privates to which I have to respectfully disagree. 95% of our private servers are blatant cash grabs which die within a month, 4% are those which last a few months and the remaining 1% are decent but even most of these tend to have imperfect files. I mean the most popular Classic private is based on Java files, I don't think I need to say more.  

46 minutes ago, xIcarus said:

I highly doubt NCSoft cannot place their servers in the EU if they so please, they even have Innova at hand already doing it for them with Classic.  

I agree with you that demanding and 'deserving' in general is a ridiculous way of asking for stuff from a game company. But the argument that the server is already CET (GMT+1) is pertinent. You say that this is intended to be a NA Classic release, but why would they make one of their servers CET then? It's not like you NA guys are gonna play on it, it sounds to me like they want to cover both NA and the EU with this release, but the overlap with Innova is the part which I can't find an explanantion for.
Was Innova's Classic a beta test so to speak? I mean at this point it feels like Innova's Classic was old Lineage 2 with the good parts of the new Lineage 2, while this Classic release is the good parts of Innova's Classic. 

Even if we're playing from across the ocean, proxies make everything almost as good as being there - I've played Canadian hosted privates with EU proxies and great ping. 
Speaking about privates, you mentioned decent privates to which I have to respectfully disagree. 95% of our private servers are blatant cash grabs which die within a month, 4% are those which last a few months and the remaining 1% are decent but even most of these tend to have imperfect files. I mean the most popular Classic private is based on Java files, I don't think I need to say more.  

They will open a server with NA timezone to grab EU players and make extra profit. They know their servers will have enough people to justify opening 2 servers at once.
I wouldn't say that Innova's classic a beta...they pioneered the Classic version on the west, along with the RU region, and NA took some time to study the data and open their server at the right time ( it is reasonable to think that opening a classic server would and WILL hurt the live version very much).

The purpose of many of those private servers isn't being durable...it is offering you as much fun as possible in 1~2 months you have of school vacation or whatever. And they deliver that, with servers with 5~10k players.

47 minutes ago, killerPrice said:

They will open a server with NA timezone to grab EU players and make extra profit. They know their servers will have enough people to justify opening 2 servers at once.
I wouldn't say that Innova's classic a beta...they pioneered the Classic version on the west, along with the RU region, and NA took some time to study the data and open their server at the right time ( it is reasonable to think that opening a classic server would and WILL hurt the live version very much).

The purpose of many of those private servers isn't being durable...it is offering you as much fun as possible in 1~2 months you have of school vacation or whatever. And they deliver that, with servers with 5~10k players.

Sure, I wasn't using the term 'beta' in its proper sense. I meant that they learn from Innova's run which is a good thing.  

4 hours ago, xIcarus said:

It is PRECISELY because Innova is on EU that they cannot do it anymore.

What you kids don't seem to understand is the fact that NCSoft -west doesn't OWN the server, they only have DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS, as per a contract signed with NCSoft South Korea.

Those distribution rights expressly forbids them to advertise, mount or mantain a lineage 2 server in other publishers areas (Tencent for China, Innova for Rus-EU)

So, its not that they dont want to provide support for europeans, they can't, they are LEGALLY BOUND NOT TO

They even have Rus/Chinese IP blocked, because its way simpler to just avoid the majority of those players and their BS, that to let them in and have to handle them.

As soon as NCSoft -west tries to support EU community in any way, Innova is going to demand they IP block them.

So, keep whinning, see were that takes you.

1 minute ago, VerCenn said:

It is PRECISELY because Innova is on EU that they cannot do it anymore.

What you kids don't seem to understand is the fact that NCSoft -west doesn't OWN the server, they only have DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS, as per a contract signed with NCSoft South Korea.

Those distribution rights expressly forbids them to advertise, mount or mantain a lineage 2 server in other publishers areas (Tencent for China, Innova for Rus-EU)

So, its not that they dont want to provide support for europeans, they can't, they are LEGALLY BOUND NOT TO

They even have Rus/Chinese IP blocked, because its way simpler to just avoid the majority of those players and their BS, that to let them in and have to handle them.

As soon as NCSoft -west tries to support EU community in any way, Innova is going to demand they IP block them.

So, keep whinning, see were that takes you.

Whining about what? You need to take a chill pill instead of acting like a weird ass pillock with just enough eye sight to enable you to type random words, because I didn't whine about anything.  

And even if what you say is true, explain why Giran's timezone is CET if not to make it more comfortable for Europeans.  

34 minutes ago, xIcarus said:

Whining about what? You need to take a chill pill instead of acting like a weird ass pillock with just enough eye sight to enable you to type random words, because I didn't whine about anything.  

And even if what you say is true, explain why Giran's timezone is CET if not to make it more comfortable for Europeans.  

Because EU countries are not (yet) Ip blocked (prolly Innova is already working on that, but we'll see)

So, up until you get bored/Innova demands IP blocking to EU, your money is as good as NA/SA.

And I apologize if you thought I was telling you whiner, you're not nearly important enough to insult personally, I was referring to european players as a whole.

PS. Pillock, rofl

8 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

Because EU countries are not (yet) Ip blocked (prolly Innova is already working on that, but we'll see)

So, up until you get bored/Innova demands IP blocking to EU, your money is as good as NA/SA.

And I apologize if you thought I was telling you whiner, you're not nearly important enough to insult you personally, I was referring to european players as a whole.

PS. Pillock, rofl

Then I'm important enough to talk in a nice manner, without insulting. Aww, thank you.  

So they're making a CET server so they can ban its players afterwards? That made negative sense.  

47 minutes ago, xIcarus said:

It worked for Naia, nobody demanded from them to change the timezone so they kept it, knowing that many EU players still play on their server, but the support is now limited. Since it's working for Naia, it should work for Giran as well, right? But the guy above is right. NCWest used to have publishing rights for both EU and NA at some point but not anymore since Innova has the rights over EU territory. Same as in Aion. They still count to make good money from Europeans still playing in NA (although all the EU servers were assigned from NCWest to Gameforge and their physical location is in EU) but NCWest support for EU is now very limited as it's not anymore a supported region.

12 minutes ago, beleaua said:

It worked for Naia, nobody demanded from them to change the timezone so they kept it, knowing that many EU players still play on their server, but the support is now limited. Since it's working for Naia, it should work for Giran as well, right? But the guy above is right. NCWest used to have publishing rights for both EU and NA at some point but not anymore since Innova has the rights over EU territory. Same as in Aion. They still count to make good money from Europeans still playing in NA (although all the EU servers were assigned from NCWest to Gameforge and their physical location is in EU) but NCWest support for EU is now very limited as it's not anymore a supported region.

Ok, that certainly makes sense when you explain it reasonably. But banning the EU from accessing Giran is a whole different aspect, it just doesn't make sense if they're relying on some EU players joining too.  

You can check your latency in windows resource manager under the network tab. Without any 3rd party VPN I got 210 which I can fell it ... you can spot the delay. However with battleping my latency drops to 117 which is smooth , so I can say I don't have any lags and im form Bulgaria which is 10 000 km away from Austin TX, just  get some 3rd party vpn software and you are all ok :).
I may use this thread to ask some GM's is it forbidden to use VPN softwares to reduce ping such as wtfast or battleping?

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 1:39 AM, YoungNastyMan said:

Severs have to be located somewhere in the world.... how retarded can you be. For the first time in years a major server is located in the states instead of europe calm your tits. We have had to deal with ping issues and batttleping vpns in order to compete the whole time. Suck the bleep up and pay the 6 bucks a month for battle ping and you will be fine.....jesus 

Batttleping won't help, excepted if your internet provider sucks, you can't be faster than the light mamene!

If your provider is good, you will get the best route and then the best ping, better than a VPN who add lag because of the software layer.

Archived