Forums

Why did they not discuss BOTS?

Lawman

I want to buy launch pack to support the game but I will wait to see if the bot problem has been resolved before I purchase any item. I have not played for years and I am excited about playing again but if the bot problem still exist I probably wont play long and will definitely not be purchasing anything. 

Perhaps they have no solution (most likely), or don't feel they can say anything at all without giving their strategy away (highly unlikely). But F2P (which I dislike) and no drop on death (which I like) do both make policing bots harder.  I suspect the only solution is if NCWest has, and diligently uses, software that actually detects bot programs and perma-bans the bot accounts.  NCWest should also set up a sting operation.  Open a fake RMT site with bargain rates, take requests for a while, then perma-ban everyone who applied to pay real money.  My two cents.  I just wish they wouldn't ignore the issue, like they did at Friday's presentation.  BTW, when I say "bots" I intend to include scripts and all other illegal programs.  After 15 years, isn't it about time NCWest got serious about stopping these game-killers?

Archived