Jump to content

Vip 4lwl


Confident
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'd rather they put as much as possible under VIP, it's just an (optional) subscription.  So much better than putting more items in the store.

They could have made the server p2p for the same price.  I don't think allowing the f2p option hurts anyone compared to a subscription only model, no matter how disadvantaged you think those players may be.  It's just up to each player to decide whether it's worth playing in those circumstances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Confident said:

I think its hugh disbalance to have 50% item drop rate at vip 4 level.... its just too much for classic , its almost pay to win system i rather pay 5$ per account each month rather this shop....

50% more drop means that if a drop has 5% chance of dropping from a monster, it will become 7,5%.
Of course, because lineage 2 is a party game, it is HIGHLY unlikely that all 9 people on the party will have the rune/VIP 4[50 USD] ( this is the only way that the drop rate bonus will stay at 50%).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOLOLOLOL (let me catch my breath to laugh some more)

So, I can only assume by these comments that NONE of you have played ANY form of official L2NA at any time in your lives.  I make this claim because anyone who has ever played official knows that drop rates are so low that 50% might as well be 500% for all the good it will do.  Any meaningful item has a drop chance of >1%.  AND... lets not even mention full weap/armor drops.  Here is an example for you; Gastraphetes (low D bow), drops from Skeleton Marauder at a rate of........... .01-.05%.  

So yeah, maybe a VIP player will get an extra animal bone every 20 mobs; OMG TEH HORROR!!!

Edited by Rodah
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rodah said:

LOLOLOLOL (let me catch my breath to laugh some more)

So, I can only assume by these comments that NONE of you have played ANY form of official L2NA at any time in your lives.  I make this claim because any who has ever played official knows that drop rates are so low that 50% might as well be 500% for all the good it will do.  Any meaningful item has a drop chance of >1%.  AND... lets not even mention full weap/armor drops.  Here is an example for you; Gastraphetes (low D bow), drops from Skeleton Marauder at a rate of........... .01-.05%.  

So yeah, maybe a VIP player will get an extra animal bone every 20 mobs; OMG TEH HORROR!!!

When you do get a drop. you feel like a king. I still remember blue wolf chest piece drop, the whole group was rich.  Such a good feeling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TrOLLw said:

When you do get a drop. you feel like a king. I still remember blue wolf chest piece drop, the whole group was rich.  Such a good feeling. 

So, so true.  Drops were such a huge deal you would be talking about it for weeks.  People would go to town just to shout they got something and.... it was a big deal! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rodah said:

LOLOLOLOL (let me catch my breath to laugh some more)

So, I can only assume by these comments that NONE of you have played ANY form of official L2NA at any time in your lives.  I make this claim because any who has ever played official knows that drop rates are so low that 50% might as well be 500% for all the good it will do.  Any meaningful item has a drop chance of >1%.  AND... lets not even mention full weap/armor drops.  Here is an example for you; Gastraphetes (low D bow), drops from Skeleton Marauder at a rate of........... .01-.05%.  

So yeah, maybe a VIP player will get an extra animal bone every 20 mobs; OMG TEH HORROR!!!

Obviously its not going to change full item drops you slow, slow child. But it will drastically change the material game with 50% increase. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

Obviously its not going to change full item drops you slow, slow child. But it will drastically change the material game with 50% increase. 

I disagree!  It almost makes me think you don't know how drop rates work and the differences between server side vs player side.  50% server side would be huge but player side..... not so much.  Perfect example is current GoD.  Outside of raids how much does a 50% drop rate rune help?  People use 200% + 100% (Prestige) and still don't see a difference. 

Whatever though; believe what you will :)

Edited by Rodah
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rodah said:

I disagree!  It almost makes me think you don't know how drop rates work and the differences between server side vs player side.  50% server side would be huge but player side..... not so much.  Perfect example is current GoD.  Outside of raids how much does a 50% drop rate rune help?  People use 200% + 300% (Prestige) and still don't see a difference. 

Whatever though; believe what you will :)

Hopefully! Already bought the pack, I'm just someone who would prefer ingame stuff to not really be effected. Will I take advantage of it? Obviously but I would always prefer no extra advantages to people regardless if they pay or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sweetness said:

There's a difference between some good things and game breaking.

agree 100% item drop has no place in vip rewards. (As do mats in store, but that's another post)

Keeping out heads down for this will just set a precedent to allow P2W items on store/viprewards.

Please remove item drop form VIP rewards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sweetness said:

There's a difference between some good things and game breaking.

Game breaking? Lol , man valuable items drop rates are 0.01-0.05 .. So +50% drop will make it 0.05-0.025 which is still low and far away from "game breaking" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the inevitable problem with F2P.  NCWest has to make money somehow, so they have to provide advantages in the game that people are willing to pay for.  I'd have much preferred subscription-based with no benefit from spending extra money, but that simply is not going to happen in the NCWest world.  If this is a deal breaker for you, try Skelth, the European Classic server.  I've heard the new 4Play interface lets you in no matter where you are from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lawman said:

This is the inevitable problem with F2P.  NCWest has to make money somehow, so they have to provide advantages in the game that people are willing to pay for.  I'd have much preferred subscription-based with no benefit from spending extra money, but that simply is not going to happen in the NCWest world.  If this is a deal breaker for you, try Skelth, the European Classic server.  I've heard the new 4Play interface lets you in no matter where you are from.

But you can solve it add exp bonus, not drop bonus. People will pay for exp bonus the same way that drop bonus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

True, but from NCWest's standpoint, they make more profit offering both.  Most of the hunting profit in Classic is from the adena anyway, so if the 50% only applies to drops, not adena, the impact won't be as bad as you might think.  I agree with you that it is harmful, but that's F2P for you.  The game will inevitably become P2W.  F2P always does.  Enjoy it while you can, or try Skelth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...