PING from EU.

Minus

Hello.
I am from Poland. I have tested ping to NAIA server and it's 150-200 ms. Today i loged in NAIA and i see small delays when i move character and kill mobs. It is annoying and it will be annoying in the long terms. Also i can't imagine to play with these delays during pvp.

My question is where will be physically Giran server? In Texas US? or maybe in Europe? Do you think these delays which is on NAIA will be on Giran aswell? Do you consider to start classic beta test server to allow us to check ping? I want to buy Chronicle Pack but if i have these kind of delays i will not play so i dont want to waste my money. Also maybe you can extend time for Chronicle Pack +1 day, so we can also buy it in the first day when server will be live?

29 minutes ago, Minus said:

Hello.
I am from Poland. I have tested ping to NAIA server and it's 150-200 ms. Today i loged in NAIA and i see small delays when i move character and kill mobs. It is annoying and it will be annoying in the long terms. Also i can't imagine to play with these delays during pvp.

My question is where will be physically Giran server? In Texas US? or maybe in Europe? Do you think these delays which is on NAIA will be on Giran aswell? Do you consider to start classic beta test server to allow us to check ping? I want to buy Chronicle Pack but if i have these kind of delays i will not play so i dont want to waste my money. Also maybe you can extend time for Chronicle Pack +1 day, so we can also buy it in the first day when server will be live?

The physical location will be on US, 100%. They can't locate it on Europe.
Your ping will always be between 150~200 ( maybe it can go a little lower with ping programs, and a better option is VPN/Tunnel services[more expensive]) because of the distance ( the light needs some time to travel that distance through the optic fibers.

If you are playing from europe or south america ( like me), we will have this kind of ping. Try buying battleping ( 5.45 USD a month), test a server ( most likely on texas or chicago) and walk/use skills inside the game, in either Naia or Chronos server. That will be your ping/latency playing on Classic, be either Talking Island or Giran.

My CP is joining Giran since we are located in Europe ( UK and Greece) . Testing the NAIA server, it seems that we don't face any significant delays able to affect our game play.
Ping expected is indeed 150- 200 since servers will definitely be located to East and West side being NA.

43 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

My CP is joining Giran since we are located in Europe ( UK and Greece) . Testing the NAIA server, it seems that we don't face any significant delays able to affect our game play.
Ping expected is indeed 150- 200 since servers will definitely be located to East and West side being NA.

There is some delay, like a 0.5s.

4 hours ago, Minus said:

Hello.

I hope they're gonna support that ping also... @Juji, my CP comes from EU and also experience high delay

1 hour ago, Minus said:

I hope @Juji will make statement about location of servers and if Giran will be suppoerted for better connection for Europe players or not.

This is important.

QUESTION: European Players Ping

Hime replied to Sung's topic in General Discussion

What VerCenn said was basically on point. Classic servers like our Live servers will be located in North America. We only officially support North America and Latin America. We have not deterred others from playing on our service, but we also do not allow certain countries to register accounts with us. If you are not from NA or LatAm there are limitations and risks playing on our service...

I understand now how Europe started two world wars

1 minute ago, ProGressive said:

So literally if u have delay on both officials u will have on both classic as well ? 

Corret. Same location for the machines. Leatrix + a ping program should be enough for you to play 8/10.

11 minutes ago, NTL said:

Better ping for eu players! 

Skelth.

1 minute ago, killerPrice said:

Corret. Same location for the machines. Leatrix + a ping program should be enough for you to play 8/10.

Skelth.

Its normal bring a nice ping to both continents... This servers are createds to make money and EU players have a lot of that 

20 minutes ago, NTL said:

Its normal bring a nice ping to both continents... This servers are createds to make money and EU players have a lot of that 

The servers are ( and they HAVE TO BE) physically located on the US ( Innova has the License for EU, NCSoft for North America/South America).
There is no way to bring better ping for anyone outside of the US (NCSoft could buy themselves a Proxy/VPN service and apply them on the server login, like private servers do to allow people from all over the world to play, but i'm pretty sure their license doesn't allow them to do any of that).

Archived