war system

sanzo

so we all know we have a new war system and that sucks

ppl just have to pvp you and win and your listed as war with the clan  now we have 1 bleep running around killing/pvping everyone he can take on  (lower clans/players)

player name Ignalgost from clan ministryofchaos

this system make it so hard for ppl who want to farm and lvl and use macro for easy gameplay

that it,s no fun anymore we all know there ar always ppl who want to kill lower and weaker players  because it make them great  they think

but how can we disolve the war 

btw server naia

People usually trick low lvl clans into wars to get clan rep from them, you can end the war but you need to give up 10k of your clan rep. This, of course, does not mean the war can't be reopen in a few minutes after you end it - if you have people farming with afk macro it might be pointless to give up.

Presumably in summer a new version of /nexttarget will be introduced where you can choose whether you want to hit only monsters or also flagged players:

01620171129104727.jpg
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=632272 (Korean)
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2094&start=10#p37478 (English)

Until then I would recommend to retreat from your clan if you want to use looped macros for leveling up. Apparently the new clan skills aren't worth much anyway :)

6 hours ago, R48817 said:

You prefer to PVP AFK Macro toons?

I think Skylarking meant that Lineage 2 was originally designed as a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game and not as a Massively Multiclient Game. Insofar macro-botting is indeed against the game's spirit; there can be no meaningful interaction with merely program-controlled characters.

On the other hand, NCKorea has introduced macro-botting because they make one US dollar from every hour a character is in a non-peace zone, no matter whether there is a real person behind that character or not. And in order to not have players be discouraged from macro-botting by bad persons who use tricks to force them into a clan war, NCKorea has introduced the new /nexttarget command on November 29 (follow the money!).

Of course, the Clan War System should have been changed on the day the Salvation update was launched in Korea. It is absurd that on the one side players have to choose between PvP-oriented and PvE-oriented clan skill sets while at the same time a system is maintained which makes it possible for pure PvE clans to be forced into wars they don't want. But redesigning the Clan War System would have cost too many man-hours, and the same goes for disabling looped macros at NCWest and Innova (Japan and Taiwan have the same payment system as Korea, so they benefit greatly from macro-botters).

The game is what it is. Complaining is pointless; money rules all!

11 hours ago, Yidao said:

I think Skylarking meant that Lineage 2 was originally designed as a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game and not as a Massively Multiclient Game. Insofar macro-botting is indeed against the game's spirit; there can be no meaningful interaction with merely program-controlled characters.

On the other hand, NCKorea has introduced macro-botting because they make one US dollar from every hour a character is in a non-peace zone, no matter whether there is a real person behind that character or not. And in order to not have players be discouraged from macro-botting by bad persons who use tricks to force them into a clan war, NCKorea has introduced the new /nexttarget command on November 29 (follow the money!).

Of course, the Clan War System should have been changed on the day the Salvation update was launched in Korea. It is absurd that on the one side players have to choose between PvP-oriented and PvE-oriented clan skill sets while at the same time a system is maintained which makes it possible for pure PvE clans to be forced into wars they don't want. But redesigning the Clan War System would have cost too many man-hours, and the same goes for disabling looped macros at NCWest and Innova (Japan and Taiwan have the same payment system as Korea, so they benefit greatly from macro-botters).

The game is what it is. Complaining is pointless; money rules all!

yes, plus I also wanted to push a bill allowing only 1 client (2 clients if 1 is paid as a subscription) so ppl. wont make boolsheet and start actually playing

On 12/28/2017 at 4:06 PM, Skylarking said:

yes, plus I also wanted to push a bill allowing only 1 client (2 clients if 1 is paid as a subscription) so ppl. wont make boolsheet and start actually playing

I paid for four accounts for years from 2004 till the end of pay to play. So screw me then just because reasons?

I guess it kind of doesn't matter as I could still easily play 8 clients with my current setup with your restrictions.

Archived