Archers in Classic 1.5

Rosebest

Coming from live, I'm aware that archers have a significantly different play style than what I'm used to. With that being said, and from what I've been reading, it seems my two 'viable' choices to pick from are PR or HE (HE's are generally well rounded and PR's are glass cannons).

Does anyone that has experience with these classes have anything to add that may influence which one I ultimately go with?

Thanks in advance!

Your understanding is correct. PR will hit hard, and because of this kill faster, level faster and use less adena on shots because it will take less to kill. They're the top PvE Archer for sure. In PvP they hit equally as hard and if they go un-noticed can do lots of work. HE is the most ideal PvP archer for the fact he is more tanky and well rounded. His damage isn't anything to laugh at, and will still level fast just not as fast as a PR. A HE can get away with being noticed earlier and take a few hits before dropping down.

1 hour ago, Rosebest said:

Coming from live, I'm aware that archers have a significantly different play style than what I'm used to. With that being said, and from what I've been reading, it seems my two 'viable' choices to pick from are PR or HE (HE's are generally well rounded and PR's are glass cannons).

Does anyone that has experience with these classes have anything to add that may influence which one I ultimately go with?

Thanks in advance!

PR is by far the best archer. Fatal Counter is broken. HE isnt that bad but PR is superior in every aspect.

Since they changed how snipe works i think that HE is better then PR in higher lvl. PR still hits much harder but the snipe of HE got a rework and he can run with snipe with -40 speed.

actually Video of Troy on skelth using the the reworked snipe.

He played PR before and he said he like the HE better.

35 minutes ago, paqs said:

If PR is the best in 1,5. What will you do when 2.0 comes to life huh? 

PR is best not only 1.5 . PR is so good on classic , other archers still useless.you will see this soon ;D trust me

check damage difference

The problem with fatal counter is his damage, even so the sr can win but if the stun last not long enough the pr need 1 shot and hes dead.

Since the Snipe changed from HE the he is a really good pick now. For example the SR get a light boost to his speed attack or how its calles, now on max lvl his reduced range is only 10 % if im correct. So its depending on the playstyle and like. Pr slow hard hitting, He great middle way with good snipe buff and Sr for fastest skill shooting (lvl 79 death sting).

I really dislike the armor design of the elfs so my pick is He or Pr but mostly i will go for He. Nice hp good damage and dash + snipe

Silver Ranger is the true joke on this game.

HE is lame too. Even with Snipe and Dash, his damage is not good. Ignore this video about Tr9y, this guy is completely geared with bosses, baium talis and broken hero weapon. You gonna find some PR's hitting 6-10k on mages w/o a problem. His range is low but who cares, it will be 1-2shooting mostly of the classes.

SR can stun fast , and dark avenger can easy fear  , but PR take all Frags :DDD
so

doom light set , some dyes on DEX , and PR cast fatal like SR stun :D and yes  , its still oneshot without STR dyes.
if SR try go dex+12 , without STR , his farm turn into hell , every mob feel like PVP.

Archived