Waiting on those patch notes like....

Taunt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Taunt said:

2j4s63.jpg

Lol, just really want to know about skills and quests. To know if they'll be like 1.5 or updated with the client to 3.0 since quests and skills change a lot. Especially at lower lvls.

That L2crack is really moreish 

No.  Don't you think we shouldn't know, to preserve the sense of surprise and awe when we first log in, just like back in the day?!  Do you think the Koreans knew before the game came out? No, they didn't, they just dove in and learned as they went.

15 minutes ago, Mage said:

No.  Don't you think we shouldn't know, to preserve the sense of surprise and awe when we first log in, just like back in the day?!  Do you think the Koreans knew before the game came out? No, they didn't, they just dove in and learned as they went.

Some of us want to know what kind of skills to expect so we know which classes we would enjoy playing.

Just going to throw it out there, what bothers me the most is not that the information isn't available, I have never been a read the patch notes thoroughly kind of a guy. What bothers me is waiting until the day before launch to share it makes it seem like the management team is flying by the seat of their pants. I understand the last minute changes they are making from the community out cry but the bulk should have already been posted.

7 minutes ago, Vaerinox said:

Just going to throw it out there, what bothers me the most is not that the information isn't available, I have never been a read the patch notes thoroughly kind of a guy. What bothers me is waiting until the day before launch to share it makes it seem like the management team is flying by the seat of their pants. I understand the last minute changes they are making from the community out cry but the bulk should have already been posted.

Par for course on NCWest. They don't make the patch notes, NCKorea does. NCNA just does translation/formatting. From what we've been told in the past NCKorea supplies the notes and final build to the NA team only a few days before release. It is possible they got the rc build and notes just today.

Hence the janky notes, bugs, and awkward release schedule.

17 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Is this like 4pm NYC? bleep, took the day off for noting. Just great

You took the day off in hopes of getting the Patch Notes?? LOL. Read this again... "Patch Notes will be available tomorrow. Aiming for no later than MID-AFTERNOON (hopefully) PDT."

• L2 Team
56 minutes ago, Vaerinox said:

General practice is to post patch notes the day of release. We've gotten into the habit with the Live server to post them weeks in advance though. While we would agree if there are major changes that need to be communicated we should do that early, but this is essentially a new game launch. We understand the excitement is hard to contain, but everybody here is working hard to ensure the launch of Classic goes well. Patch notes will be available tomorrow for reading.

5 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Is this like 4pm NYC? bleep, took the day off for noting. Just great

You took the day off to read patch notes? :o

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Patch Notes will be available tomorrow. Aiming for no later than mid-afternoon (hopefully) PDT.

2 minutes ago, intel said:

Are we having the launch time togheter with the patch notes?

Tomorrow is 10/02

Server launches 10/03

What do you think?

Archived