XIGNCODE3 Launch

Hime

• L2 Team

Today, we introduced a new anti-cheating software named XIGNCODE3. You will download a minor update, and after you start the game at the character select--you will see the pop up for XIGNCODE3. Currently, XIGNCODE3 is in a monitoring period while we continue to make adjustments for our service. 

If you experience any issues with the game after our XIGNCODE3 launch, please be sure you receive the latest client update by starting the game through the NCSOFT launcher. If you’re having trouble downloading the update, run the file repair. If you have any other further issues, we ask that you contact our Customer Support team so we can track your issue and work with you to try to find potential issues we can work to resolve on our end.

We've seen some concerns over what XIGNCODE is and what it does. We won't disclose how the program works as it’ll provide an insight for cheaters into our processes, but it is a service that boots during game launch and while playing (no software is installed), it does not collect any personally identifiable information we don’t already have from when you registered your NC account, it does not continue to run after the game is closed, and its only purpose is to monitor the Lineage II game client of any cheating programs or cheating attempts. If you have been using programs that don't directly interfere or manipulate the game processes, those programs will continue to work the same as before. There should not be any issues with multi-boxing clients either, but If you are having issues with XIGNCOD3, again, please contact Customer Support here.

https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001298583-What-Is-XIGNCODE3-
https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001298563-XIGNCODE3-FAQ

We’re looking forward to continuing to refine our methods of detection, and your help and assistance to ensure Lineage II is a game that supports a spirit of fair play.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the status on fixing the issue with XINGCODE and BattlePIng / WTFast etc. ?

It's all very nice & dandy to finally introduce XINGCODE but if the above issues won't be fixed your Giran Classic server will be a failure before it even starts let alone how this is messing up things for your existing Euro & SA players that have been using these programs for many years just to be able to play here ?

17 minutes ago, Draecke said:

What's the status on fixing the issue with XINGCODE and BattlePIng / WTFast etc. ?

It's all very nice & dandy to finally introduce XINGCODE but if the above issues won't be fixed your Giran Classic server will be a failure before it even starts let alone how this is messing up things for your existing Euro & SA players that have been using these programs for many years just to be able to play here ?

Waiting for that too , is problem happening with a lot peoples  and other one is the one that we have to wait the xigncode start working while your char is already ingame and you cant control it
Hope it get fixed and we can have a nice Classic launch :D

You like shooting from the hip, right ? :P

14 minutes ago, BlueBerry said:

Hime, lol just recorded some bots in Forsaken plains going wild down there haha. not working :O. 

What you could have read yourself:

3 hours ago, Hime said:

Currently, XIGNCODE3 is in a monitoring period while we continue to make adjustments for our service.

9_9

• L2 Team
3 hours ago, Draecke said:

We are investigating with Wellbia to see what the issue might be.

I do not have any problems nor any lagspikes that are being caused by XIGNCODE itself. Also I do not have any IP enhancing programs running in the background. I strongly believe from what I have seen from the players around me that the VPN programs and Ping enhancing programs are causing the problems. Perhaps even being blocked by NCwest now without telling you.

Regarding Anti Virus programs I have excluded the "Lineage II" game folder and the "NCwest" folder from the Program Files (x86) long time ago and had no problems ever again. I noticed Avast and AVG are the two biggest AV scanners that are causing program while scanning the Lineage 2 systems folder in the past few years.

I hope my input is usefull. I really hope to see the XIGNCODE fully operational when Classic opens.

TO be honest, @FightSong your lag spikes are being probably caused by some program that you have on your pc or anti-virus program like Coffee mentioned. 

I'm from Eu and the update has not affected my gameplay AT ALL in term of how laggy/stuttering it is. No delay what so ever. 

Nice to finally seeing it implemented, but it really didn't prevent the bots? Well that's a shame....

2 hours ago, FightSong said:

dont use any anti-virus program. Everything i had is windows 10 defender and its work perfect since i instaled win10 months ago. Lagspikes came after update.

LOL. win10 defender is a complete antivirus comparing with win7, "don't use any" he says...

10 hours ago, Draecke said:

I'm using wtfast and it works perfect.

Windows Defender is even worse then AVG and Avast. I have disabled it, since I have encountered alot of problems even in Lineage 2, Fortnite or even Origins - Battlefield games. You need to exclude all the Lineage 2 folders (both game and programs files) from the AV scanning process. It will make your gaming experience almost twice as fast and you won't be needing any Ping enhancing tools after doing this alone.

28 minutes ago, CoffeeTime said:

Windows Defender is even worse then AVG and Avast. I have disabled it, since I have encountered alot of problems even in Lineage 2, Fortnite or even Origins - Battlefield games. You need to exclude all the Lineage 2 folders (both game and programs files) from the AV scanning process. It will make your gaming experience almost twice as fast and you won't be needing any Ping enhancing tools after doing this alone.

Talk about yourself. You must be from USA to say such thing. Most people outside USA have high latency when playing on NCWest servers. WTFast and Battleping helps them to reduce such latency.

Sorry, but before the patch launch I was playing without any problem. I have to say that my pc it's a turtle ( Intel Pentium Dual E2180, 2 GB RAM) but I was abble to play even with two accounts at the same time (even with the High Graphics on to top) and that didn't represent a problem; hours later I updated up the client and now the game gets "freeze" every moment, I cannot do anything 'cause it really gets my patience. I don't know if this XINGCODE3 has something to do with it, but there is not other explanations for me since this happens after the patch was launch.

30 minutes ago, ZolteR said:

Talk about yourself. You must be from USA to say such thing. Most people outside USA have high latency when playing on NCWest servers. WTFast and Battleping helps them to reduce such latency.

I am from Europe, the Netherlands. I know exactly what I am talking about. I never understood the Europeans that do play with WTFast and Battleping. We got one of the best internet data transfer stations in Europe such as Amsterdam, London, Paris. I don't see any difference at all. I play Castle Sieges without any of those programs in Chronos on my Healer. Can you imagine players from USA that do use WTFast and Battleping? That's beyond reason for me. Games such as CS:GO I would understand, but Lineage 2 MMO?

I am using glassfiber optics. Our internet package is unlimited 300 Mbit/s up and down. I always blame the ISP for speed, since their routing might be off by default. Can you imagine my routing first goes to Germany then France and then New York? While it could have been easily Amsterdam to New York? Still I don't see any difference.

38 minutes ago, Brautzers said:

Sorry, but before the patch launch I was playing without any problem. I have to say that my pc it's a turtle ( Intel Pentium Dual E2180, 2 GB RAM) but I was abble to play even with two accounts at the same time (even with the High Graphics on to top) and that didn't represent a problem; hours later I updated up the client and now the game gets "freeze" every moment, I cannot do anything 'cause it really gets my patience. I don't know if this XINGCODE3 has something to do with it, but there is not other explanations for me since this happens after the patch was launch.

You ever considered that while XIGNCODE is running in the background that 2 GB RAM would not be sufficient any longer for your console? Hence the freezes? Freezes are only considered to be internet issue's if you get disconnect from server within 30 seconds. Any other freeze is considered to be RAM or GPU issue in 90% of the cases.

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTime said:

I am from Europe, the Netherlands. I know exactly what I am talking about. I never understood the Europeans that do play with WTFast and Battleping. We got one of the best internet data transfer stations in Europe such as Amsterdam, London, Paris. I don't see any difference at all. I play Castle Sieges without any of those programs in Chronos on my Healer. Can you imagine players from USA that do use WTFast and Battleping? That's beyond reason for me. Games such as CS:GO I would understand, but Lineage 2 MMO?

I am using glassfiber optics. Our internet package is unlimited 300 Mbit/s up and down. I always blame the ISP for speed, since their routing might be off by default. Can you imagine my routing first goes to Germany then France and then New York? While it could have been easily Amsterdam to New York? Still I don't see any difference.

Good for you that you are one of the few ones that don't need WTFast/Battleping. But others do.

28 minutes ago, CoffeeTime said:

Although it could been as easily your AV scanning XIGNCODE non-stop causing the freezes aswell.

300 ping normally, 60 ping after i route through Netherlands with battleping. 

I live in Sweden.

Just unlucky with my route to tge server, with battleping i choose my own route,somewhat. 

Now stop being dumb, even people from EU, in a country with good infrastructure need these programs. 

Archived