No Loop Macros = WAY MORE Botting

I was never around for when Looping macros were around.  I honestly have no skin in the game.  I was only around during the actual start of L2 and all we saw were a TON of L2 Walker driven parties.  By removing that in-game mechanic all you are doing is ensuring WAY more botting.  I guess good for the guys okay with cheating.  But garbage for us legit players trying to keep up.

Please just stop bringing this up... Loop macros are the exact same thing as botting. Just a dial up version. Its plain and simple, with how easy it is with current technology to record, report and gms to identify. As well as increased security measures, botting will be kept to a minimum as long as the community actively participates in reporting. 

I honestly believe that anyone that makes any "reason" about why loop macros should be in Classic are just lazy and want to exploit it to "Bot" or automate boxes so they don't have to exert the extra effort to run 3 clients. 

You clearly were not around during Prelude,  I assure you over 50% of those coming to this Classic server WILL be botting now due to you guys complaining about Looping Macros to be taken out.  Now you can't even train the BOTs to get their gear.  Big misstep 

1 minute ago, WPGForever said:

You clearly were not around during Prelude,  I assure you over 50% of those coming to this Classic server WILL be botting now due to you guys complaining about Looping Macros to be taken out.  Now you can't even train the BOTs to get their gear.  Big misstep 

So you never played with loop macros and have "no skin in the game" yet somehow have a concrete opinion that the game will be worse because they aren't in. Cool story bro. 

Loop macros have been ruining L2. There is a reason why Innova took it away from Russian servers. The servers were dying because of that. Economy was dying. People were selling resources to the store because the price fell so low it wasn't worth it to create a shop to sell it anymore. Loop macros are absolute garbage, I would probably never buy a launch pack if they were still around.

5 minutes ago, WPGForever said:

I've clearly been around since beta with more than 15k hours over the years... A prime example of why no one should listen to you as you clearly make bad assumptions.

1 hour ago, SmokyTheFrog said:

Never understood the "everybody will use looping macros, so if you leave them in game I'M GONNA USE THEM TOO" attitude.

You should read something on game theory, about Prisoner's Dilemma in particular.

Looping macros were simply a Tool added to the game,  Players could use or NOT use them.  You had a choice to use a Legal aspect of the game.  Now I can't speak for every single server ever created and played on during Prelude and into updates, but for our server, L2 Walker Dominated the server, this is not an exaggeration in the slightest EVERYONE botted or benefited from botting in some degree (Buying Adena,  L2Walker Driven grind parties, Etc. )  

At this point it does not matter time will tell if I'm right or not.  You cried enough on the boards to sway their minds, congrats.  Just means less of us bringing Multiple accounts and botters running the show.  History will repeat, Enjoy.

Either way, I'm still playing just not with 3 accounts, I loved L2 (bot ridden and all).  

See you out there.

raise the cap for shops .

add current gold sites to filter.

don't allow random letters and numbers for names .

don't feed the gold bots .

my name ? causing me to flag ? that's why you attacked me ? sounds like a you problem .

im afraid ill have to kill you .  :) 

Russians removed the macros at such a convenient time simply because they would`ve lost most of their community to the new NcSoft server , that removed them already :) That`s them trying to save what can be saved , and milk their servers for a little bit longer :)

I played there for a while , started with big hopes and dreams , leveled my DA to 64 or 65 , then realized that ALL  the convenient locations are filled with afk trains , with 4ever red horses relogged somewhere nearby , then I rerolled into a AW and started my own holy war :)

Archived