Why launch a classic server if it's not classic?

BroBro

After watching the patch preview stream, I have to say I'm disappointed in the people who are making decisions for this classic server. 

Let me start by saying I am a veteran of Lineage 2 before Awakening and have played since Chronicle 1 up until Awakening.

This classic server is supposed to bring back the old player base. If you don't stick with the classic Lineage 2 gameplay, then the old player base won't come back and this game will be essentially built for the new player base which defeats the purpose.

I am mainly concerned with the decision to not include item drop upon death by monster and death by PK while a character has Karma. This will defeat the entire purpose of hunting a character that has Karma. It also gives no reason not to just PK all the time besides XP loss. This will have a huge negative impact on the classic appeal to the server. Having no item drop upon death does not reduce griefing, but instead promotes unawareness in players and no real feeling of threat which are both very important features of Classic Lineage 2.

Please take my opinions into consideration. I have a whole group a players willing to play and they all approve of item drop. 

Thanks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BroBro said:

After watching the patch preview stream, I have to say I'm disappointed in the people who are making decisions for this classic server. 

Let me start by saying I am a veteran of Lineage 2 before Awakening and have played since Chronicle 1 up until Awakening.

This classic server is supposed to bring back the old player base. If you don't stick with the classic Lineage 2 gameplay, then the old player base won't come back and this game will be essentially built for the new player base which defeats the purpose.

I am mainly concerned with the decision to not include item drop upon death by monster and death by PK while a character has Karma. This will defeat the entire purpose of hunting a character that has Karma. It also gives no reason not to just PK all the time besides XP loss. This will have a huge negative impact on the classic appeal to the server. Having no item drop upon death does not reduce griefing, but instead promotes unawareness in players and no real feeling of threat which are both very important features of Classic Lineage 2.

Please take my opinions into consideration. I have a whole group a players willing to play and they all approve of item drop. 

Thanks.

Where have you found this kind of information?

Where does it says "PKs are not dropping items"? This is a feature that's still into the main version and in any other version of L2. 
They are removing drops from mobs when you're white, which is cool actually so people will stop being retarded for no reason just 'cause they want ur gear. 
Can you guys stop acting like the server will fail if you don't join? Beside that...how could you play since C1 if NA servers went live with C3? Are you guys done saying bs about "i play since C1"...no you don't.

8 minutes ago, BroBro said:

Thanks.

K thx bye 

9 minutes ago, BroBro said:

Thanks.

Watch some videos on YouTube on what people are doing to make you drop your items by - bringing the mobs to you, stunning you, etc - making you die and then pick up your stuff. Thank you, but no thank you. Also, you will drop your items if killed while red. 

I'd also like to add.... 

Having item drop will actually help people develop a positive community. For example, if you're out hunting and make friends in the area then die from a monster, there's a good possibility that the person who picks up your item will give it back as a means of respect/friendship/future meetings.

5 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

Where does it says "PKs are not dropping items"? This is a feature that's still into the main version and in any other version of L2. 
They are removing drops from mobs when you're white, which is cool actually so people will stop being retarded for no reason just 'cause they want ur gear. 
Can you guys stop acting like the server will fail if you don't join? Beside that...how could you play since C1 if NA servers went live with C3? Are you guys done saying bs about "i play since C1"...no you don't.

I was definitely playing Lineage 2 in on C1 and I live in Louisiana. Not sure where this information came from?

Just now, BroBro said:

I'd also like to add.... 

Having item drop will actually help people develop a positive community. For example, if you're out hunting and make friends in the area then die from a monster, there's a good possibility that the person who picks up your item will give it back as a means of respect/friendship/future meetings.

Yeah sorry but i'm not looking for any friend. But ur bow may be usefull. What about I kill you with stun or train and steal ur hard-earned weapon 'cause i'm a bleep? 
What? It's not my fault for stun you for 9 secs every 2 secs, it's ur fault 'cause you didn't survive! You were just standing still while stunned, it's ur fault! 

I guess that after this feature was removed the game, back then, became a nosense crap. No one made new friends 'cause it was useless, no one out of town 'cause it makes no sense if i can't kill randoms while xping and no reason to keep going 'cause i couldn't drop items if i die...#noclassic #giveusbackc1 #fukinglearntoplayprivateserverrats

Karma 4 or higher you will drop items when being RED, like any other Classic I suppose. Just wait for patch notes.

Also they turned off items being dropped upon death when being killed by any monsters/raids no matter your Karma (0-4+) when being WHITE. To make the game player friendly, more enjoyable per (new & old) as explained by Juji.

7 minutes ago, BroBro said:

I'd also like to add.... 

This is probably the dumbest thing I've read on the internet in the past year...and that's saying something. Clearly you have never played L2 if you think this is remotely accurate. 

Just now, BroBro said:

Ok, so what about when there are bots in an area and you have no option but to PK them instead of training them to help everyone who is ACTUALLY A PLAYER?

You can still train them slowbrobro you just won't get items from them. Just cause you're a baddie and that's the only way you could stay good doesnt mean it should be that way. 

2 minutes ago, BroBro said:

Ok, so what about when there are bots in an area and you have no option but to PK them instead of training them to help everyone who is ACTUALLY A PLAYER? Getting free gear from bots is nice.

I suspect there won't be many bots here, since Russia is banned. And in any case, just report them and they will be dealt with. 

1 minute ago, BroBro said:

Also, yea if dropping gear while red is still in, then awesome. I still would like white item drop.

Why? So you can grief lower level players and steal their hard earned gear?

Ncwest made the correct  decision here. 

1 minute ago, ZygiA said:

I suspect there won't be many bots here, since Russia is banned. And in any case, just report them and they will be dealt with. 

You underestimate the BR population my friend. Top Botter's, but bad Botter's. Just report them.

Just now, Wintersun said:

You underestimate the BR population my friend. Top Botter's, but bad Botter's. Just report them.

Haven't played with any BR people. Coming back to L2 after a long time. But yep, will be reporting them =]

Archived