[COMPLETE] Game Update: Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Hime

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when you try to flag and kill someone by accident in a crowded place, you just loose some of your items including epics, OE equip, which probably takes you months to farm? That's insane... And how it supoose to work when people will try to abuse with 1st level characters?(e.g. if random people will follow you/your clan/pick up loot during aoe farms etc)

5 minutes ago, Latvietis said:

So when you try to flag and kill someone by accident in a crowded place, you just loose some of your items including epics, OE equip, which probably takes you months to farm? That's insane... And how it supoose to work when people will try to abuse with 1st level characters?(e.g. if random people will follow you/your clan/pick up loot during aoe farms etc)

No, if you accrue 4 or more pk's then you lose equipment when you die. Most smart people will, after a few pk's, run the brothers bound in chains quest to reduce their count. If you don't then you can't really complain about lost gear if you die, ignorance is no excuse.

2 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

no fatal counter for PR?

Fatal counter is a normal PR skill, so why not? The skills displayed are the 'added' ones. I think that FC was present long before C4 

1 minute ago, Supafly said:

Does it say this in patch? I assumed it was a skill already present in 1.5...

I

"Cannot report the same character more than once if they were already reported by another member of your clan."

"BOT CAPTCHA Penalty (Duration: 60 Minutes)".

Thumbs up for anti-bot system! But if I'm reading this right... you would need 3 members from 3 different clans (assuming everyone is in clan) to report a bot for it to get the 60 minute debuff? And after 1h you would need 3 people from 3 different clans again? Considering there could be a vast number of bots, this doesn't sound it would work well with these limitations or the short penalty time.

@Juji Will there be anyone responsible to get notified on your end about our successful repors so you can deal with them your ways? Or this will just become a job of ours and something to deal with by ourselves over and over? Thank you, great job in general <3

About the pk system, the item thats randomly destroyed is from inventory INCLUDING what you have equipped or just things that are in the inventory?

I ask because there are some clans that abuse some parts of the system during RB and the only way to avoid it is to pk them. One thing is that you drop things and your friends can pick up, but another one is that your equipment is destroyed. Other solution would be to make any "x amount" of range around a RB a pvp zone. 

Not only that but pk was an important part of social interactions on this game, if players are too afraid to pk because their equipment is gonna be destroyed, then it is kind of limiting that part of the game. 

39 minutes ago, yum said:

:(i:(thought:(you:(shared:(same:(classic:(feelings:(and:(would:(restore:(classic:(item:(drops:(for:(good:(feeling:(and:(style:$

Ooooh, nous. What a shame. Looks like you can relax and be less salty to those who gets closer to you.

But actually the feature for the PK is kinda meh. It's true that PKs in official now lose items from inventory instead of drop it...but meh, you could keep it for the classic server. I wont be able to loot the annoing PKs in cruma and floran :'( 

@Hime Where can i read details on char's skills? I'd like to know if we're getting 3.0 improvements already...like archer's double shot power increased or dagger's blows damage increase or mages consuming less MPs per nuke 

12 minutes ago, Ashnek said:

About the pk system, the item thats randomly destroyed is from inventory INCLUDING what you have equipped or just things that are in the inventory?

I ask because there are some clans that abuse some parts of the system during RB and the only way to avoid it is to pk them. One thing is that you drop things and your friends can pick up, but another one is that your equipment is destroyed. Other solution would be to make any "x amount" of range around a RB a pvp zone. 

Not only that but pk was an important part of social interactions on this game, if players are too afraid to pk because their equipment is gonna be destroyed, then it is kind of limiting that part of the game. 

Guess you can go back to ur lolprivate server with that "make RB a pvp zone". I guess where you saw this crappy feature ;)
Anyway if it works the same as live server you lose item from both inventory and equip, it's random. 

So, with PDT time, servers will be down 4.5hours for maintanace. But with GMT+1 time, servers will be down for 5.5hours for maintanace... :P

I think you have made a mistake at the starting and ending times in GMT+1 time, cause they are calculated for 5.5hours downtime. 

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for Live maintenance and Class launch (hype!) beginning Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 4am PDT / 1200 GMT+1 and ending at approximately 8:30am PDT / 1730 GMT+1. Estimated downtime is 4.5 hours.

Come on guys, are you unable to read? The server will go live when the maintenance is over. 

A CAPTCHA UI window will appear when a suspected BOT has been reported after receiving the BOT Report 3 times.

I am kinda worried about this. Yes I know, there will be some limits, but is so easy to report someone when you PvP over a spot when you party up with randoms for exemple. Until one inserts that Code, he will surely be killed or at least , close to, or taken out of the fight. 

Imagine reporting the healer in a situation like that, or in raid fight, lol. 

A decent idea - not very good, but still - , is the one who reports a bot, also needs to insert a captcha. This will not get abused in Open World PvP situations, Raid Fights, Etc.

Other then that, I pretty like the patch notes. 

Gj!

1 hour ago, ChicoNever said:

Items do not drop upon a character’s death (including Chaotic characters)
A random item in a chaotic character’s inventory will be destroyed upon death if they have 4 or more PKs

This is bad.

I initially thought so too, and I still do, but in the end it doesn't matter.  In like 10 years of L2 I got one drop of note @dark64   from a red!xD

1 minute ago, FatHips said:

I initially thought so too, and I still do, but in the end it doesn't matter.  In like 10 years of L2 I got one drop of note @dark64   from a red!xD

You're right, it won't change that much, especially in the beggining when ppl crave for levels, adena and items.

PKs start to spread when ppl start to get bored. This will take a while.

Archived