Change PK System!

xVirdin

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Bumbo said:

old school? Did u rly saw any movie made by Koreans, Russians or Europeans on skelth? The old lineage its dead, this new chronic is called classic bcoz REMEMBER the old one.

I would give a more thought out reply but I honestly don't know wtf you're trying to say. Not sure what Russia, Korea, or Europe has to do with the NA population that this server is being created for though. 

Just now, Juji said:

Thank you all for your feedback! We are looking into seeing if this change can make it in soon. :D 

Didnt read the entire thread, but thank you for responding. 

+1 for not this PK system. The best/worst thing in this game is seeing a red and killing them and snatching dropped gear. Dont change/ruin that. Items drops on death was one of my favorite parts of the game. So much fun/excitement.

1 hour ago, xHaseo said:

Dude, can you crawl back to ur cave? None even said a thing about "defending a spot = griefing". From where you assumed it, just to know.

First and foremost did u just assume my gender?
Second why would i choose a cave when i can hide under a regular cardboard box and pretend to be spec op soldier?

Also i own you an apology, i'm sure people will PK.. i'm sorry, meant grief those annoying & heartless low-level bastards who'll kill elpies and wolfs in starting zones for their meat, not the extraordinary gentlemen who will have to share mods/drops with and slow down their progress.

I mean its widely known that before L2 became an instanced mess people/parties where deciding who will farm at top spots not with violence, but with communication.
I still remember how people argued like savages over AoE spots.

"Pardon myself sir, could you, please change your farming spot, myself and one's mates came here first."
"Oh, please accept one's sincere apologies kind sir. We'll leave at once, again, we apologize for any inconvenience we may caused. Have ah spiffing day."
And as always the winning side trash-talked the looser...
"You get nothing, you lose, good day sir!"

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Folks, we understand this is a hot topic and there are different schools of thoughts and opinions. However, if you must resort to throwing insults around as part of your argument. you will be moderated and this thread any subsequent threads on this matter will be locked. Thanks for following the rules. :x

With all due respect, there are not different schools of though/opinions.

We’re proud to announce the forthcoming launch of the new Lineage II Classic server on October 3! North American players will get a chance to step back in time and experience Lineage II as it was in the beginning.

There are those of us who are expecting the classic L2 experience, cause uh... 9_9

And then you got the from Azeroth immigrants who came to Elmore due to a big war or something and want to change everything cause they got homesick. (And no, the last part got nothing to do with real life events.)

LE: Thank you Juji! (Apparently cant quote while editing.)

42 minutes ago, Juji said:

Thank you all for your feedback! We are looking into seeing if this change can make it in soon. :D 

@Juji

Good Job. Let's start popping reds and see the glitter of items and adena rain down.

PS - Let's hope the larger font means @Juji is getting down to business.

PPS - Bring back adena drop so we can start fighting over it again too :P

My 2c

Having red players drop their stuff upon death is exactly the key feature of l2 we used to tell new players when trying to recruit them to play the game. Please don't take away the feature! This is pure nostalgia. Seeing somebody !scream their lungs out "PK in <location>" and then seeing a dozen players burst into every direction just to find him is just too much fun to miss on. Or seeing people panic, log off, gather a dozen friends and alts in the spot, after, log in again to trade their stuff, and then start the de-lvl-ing is equally fun :)

50 minutes ago, BroBro said:

FIX THIS - NEEDS TO BE RANDOM DROP LIKE ACTUAL CLASSIC L2.

JUST FOR ONCE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE NON CAREBEAR OPINIONS INSTEAD OF THE NEW HIPSTER CAREBEAR OPINIONS WHEN MAKING DECISIONS.

How in the hell this is a "carebear" hipster .. thing?!

How will this affect them in any way ? Do you really believe if PK's will drop or not, will OMG , affect them?! How? 

Stop putting this into the causals. Normally causals will NOT go red , let alone PK +4. 

I don't care if red's drop or not. What I dislike is the way you guys are crying over this thing, like there is no tomorrow. 

1000% I'm sure none of you will kill a RED and loot anything from him in the first month - reminder: this is x1 server, not your 'beloved' x75 PvP private server-

When things will .. settle, MAYBE they will change a bit and MAYBE you will get that D grade boots from a PK, but not for the first 2-3 months.

Just now, KABAL said:

Stop putting this into the causals. Normally causals will NOT go red , let alone PK +4. 

I don't care if red's drop or not. What I dislike is the way you guys are crying over this think, like there is no tomorrow. 

1000% I'm sure none of you will kill a RED and loot anything from him in the first month - reminder: this is x1 server, not your 'beloved' x75 PvP private server-

That's not how an old lineager's brain works..

The 'availability' of a feature matters, how do I say it, the process matters. Ever see people hunt a mob for something with a 1/5278 drop rate? Just one lucky drop like this provides enough beer-time talks for at least half a year ahead. We the casuals will keep playing and hoping we'll get it too someday, somehow :) 

Just now, Ceylon said:

That's not how an old lineager's brain works..

The 'availability' of a feature matters, how do I say it, the process matters. Ever see people hunt a mob for something with a 1/5278 drop rate? Just one lucky drop like this provides enough beer-time talks for at least half a year ahead. We the casuals will keep playing and hoping we'll get it too someday, somehow :) 

But you are actually fighting that mob over and over and over to get that drop, whereas here, seeing a PK , and not just any PK, PK+4, and then hoping to kill it, and then MAYBE you'll get that drop, is like , way worst then 1/5278 drop rate. 

How many RED's have you killed since you play L2 and got drop from him?

No, private servers does not count. I am talking about official servers. Be it Korea , Innova or NcSoft!

Please, me and all my friends came here to play the old classic Lineage 2. Without drop on PK the game is no longer classic. There is no incentive to hunt down red players if they no longer drop the item. If low level players get PK'ed then nobody will come to help them and chase the red player away. They will simply yell for help and nobody will risk losing that 4% exp to come help them since red players won't drop anything.

Nobody wanted a change like this, it ruins the whole game.

Just see the poll results:

http://www.strawpoll.me/16571021/r

Please change back to drop on death.

1 minute ago, Payne said:

Please, me and all my friends came here to play the old classic Lineage 2. Without drop on PK the game is no longer classic. There is no incentive to hunt down red players if they no longer drop the item. If low level players get PK'ed then nobody will come to help them and chase the red player away. They will simply yell for help and nobody will risk losing that 4% exp to come help them since red players won't drop anything.

Nobody wanted a change like this, it ruins the whole game.

Just see the results:

<iframe src="http://www.strawpoll.me/embed_1/16571021/r" style="width:680px;height:373px;border:0;">Loading poll...</iframe>

Please change back to drop on death.

Just stfu already and go read the forum. They said they are looking into it. Can someone lock this stupid thread? @Juji 

Archived