Change PK System!

xVirdin

my logic isnt flawed.. thats what we want, we want to risk gear .. we want to have a chance to lose it, or get gear from someone else... that type of gameplay has dissapeared from most mmorpgs... because of the vocal carebear communities, but sadly it pushes so many away.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all - I think PK characters should have a chance to drop instead of destruct.

Okay, so with that being said.

You guys saying that this is carebear or not "pvp friendly", are completely wrong. I will still PK your ass. The risk is no different for me. I can drop my gear to my enemies or my shit can be destroyed into thin air, it makes no difference to me. Still the same consequences for someone PKing. I can tell you that this will not stop people from pking, there will be plenty of PKing going on for spots still. All the same options apply for clearing karma. You can trade your shit off, die and res. Or you can work it off in the field. The same exact risks are applied.

You've made 18 posts in this thread alone defending this change.  I would love to hear you explain and defend your position.

I haven't played this game in 7 years and to this day I can recall moments from c1 of friends/enemies dropping their gear.  You're simply defending a decision that removes player driven story creation and it makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

Read what I wrote, I don't care if they bring the old system back. And btw, you are risking your gear, just not dropping it, so your logic is flawed. 

So you're the dirtbag that just comments on a thread to be an bleep.  Noted.

Just now, Hazzard said:

First of all - I think PK characters should have a chance to drop instead of destruct.

Okay, so with that being said.

You guys saying that this is carebear, are completely wrong. I will still PK your ass. The risk is no different for me. I can drop my gear to my enemies or my shit can be destroyed into thin air, it makes no difference to me. Still the same consequences for someone PKing. I can tell you that this will not stop people from pking, there will be plenty of PKing going on for spots still. All the same options apply for clearing karma. You can trade your shit off, die and res. Or you can work it off in the field. The same exact risks are applied.

This. 

8 minutes ago, Eulogy said:

You asked the wrong person that question. I played hardcore on servers and took a really really long time to farm up "donated" gear from pkers. Eventually I got a whole donated set and was pretty proud of it.

I don't care about noobs lol. I care about the drops. If this was about the admins caring about the noobs they wouldn't have taken away incentive from people going for the drops. That's the only reason help ever comes, let's be honest here.

Well , let me say it first : Welcome to the Official Lineage 2 Classic Servers

..where your previous private server experience do not matter. I mean do you hear yourself? Going to farm up "donated' gear. Geez!

Having said that, I am glad we have this system in place. Because the number of PK's will be minimal. Wait, let me add something more : The number of PK's would of also been minimal even if PK would of drop. This is official server where you work your ass out for your items and not go 'donate' and get your 'free' +++ items.

3 minutes ago, bystacur said:

Every decent and loyal L2 player that has ever existed (and not a random mmorpg jumper) KNOWS HOW FUN AND GREAT WAS TO HAVE DROP ON DEATH AS A WHITE TOON AND THE GOOD OLD PK SYSTEM. 

The grief mechanics were what made this game great and basically more than 50% of the people coming today to play this versión of the game wanted to see those things back.

Dude, if your reason to come back to L2 and play classic was "let's grief people while the exp with trains and stuns" then you're the one who's not a decent and royal player. 
You guys are crying so fuking hard for the "make white players drop on death" that I start to wonder one thing. Did you guys MASS QUIT the official server back then? Did you guys went to some private servers but never went above the C4 patch? 
You guys are seriously making it looks like anything worth in L2 was griefing players. The feature was removed in C5/Interlude. That means you guys had this feature for 3 years (2004-2007). After that you've been playing L2 for 11 fuking years (2007-2018) without this feature. So you want to say that all of you rage quitted from official in 2007? Your ONLY reason to play this game was griefing players? 

The fact they removed the drops from PKs is quite stupid, even tho, the same mechanics works on live server. In either way the PK will think twice before going on a rampage. In this case is even worst, they wont be able to get their loot back. They die and *poof* it's gone. Both cases are fine to me, i'd go and kill PKs anyway with or without drop. 

4 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Well , let me say it first : Welcome to the Official Lineage 2 Classic Servers

..where your previous private server experience do not matter. I mean do you hear yourself? Going to farm up "donated' gear. Geez!

Having said that, I am glad we have this system in place. Because the number of PK's will be minimal. Wait, let me add something more : The number of PK's would of also been minimal even if PK would of drop. This is official server where you work your ass out for your items and not go 'donate' and get your 'free' +++ items.

I worked hard and never donated so what's your point? I'd still be farming PKs for gear greater than mine. You make zero sense.

Also: "Official Lineage 2 Classic Servers" - what a joke that is without item drops from PKs. Do YOU even hear yourself?

1 minute ago, Eulogy said:

I worked hard and never donated so what's your point? I'd still be farming PKs for gear greater than mine. You make zero sense.

Also: "Official Lineage 2 Classic Servers" - what a joke that is without item drops from PKs. Do YOU even hear yourself?

He expressed his feelings in a written matter,
Obviously he can't hear what's written,

Hello.

2 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

Dude, if your reason to come back to L2 and play classic was "let's grief people while the exp with trains and stuns" then you're the one who's not a decent and royal player. 
You guys are crying so fuking hard for the "make white players drop on death" that I start to wonder one thing. Did you guys MASS QUIT the official server back then? Did you guys went to some private servers but never went above the C4 patch? 
You guys are seriously making it looks like anything worth in L2 was griefing players. The feature was removed in C5/Interlude. That means you guys had this feature for 3 years (2004-2007). After that you've been playing L2 for 11 fuking years (2007-2018) without this feature. So you want to say that all of you rage quitted from official in 2007? Your ONLY reason to play this game was griefing players? 

The fact they removed the drops from PKs is quite stupid, even tho, the same mechanics works on live server. In either way the PK will think twice before going on a rampage. In this case is even worst, they wont be able to get their loot back. They die and *poof* it's gone. Both cases are fine to me, i'd go and kill PKs anyway with or without drop. 

This .

2 minutes ago, Eulogy said:

I.............. was.............not ......... talking ..... about ......... you, when I said about donations.

The 'donated' guys, will go PK because they cared less about their items, hence , they were donors in that private server and would pay again to get the items back.

Do you really believe here people will go PK like you are used on the private servers? Geez! Grow the bleep up.

And yes, this IS the Official Lineage 2 Classic Server. They made the game, and any changes they make are OFFICIAL.

Now off you go.

Archived