Forums

Best Melee PvP Class

Hey everyone,

Just coming back to L2 since 06-07 for the drop of Classic. I got on the live servers to get my feet wet and so much has changed since then. My friends are joining me tomorrow at the release and we're all curious to know what are the metas at PvP. We used to play Gladiators and Tyrants but I've read some people say they've lost their edge. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'd hate to make a character and put time into them if they aren't gonna be able to compete.

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Hey everyone,

Just coming back to L2 since 06-07 for the drop of Classic. I got on the live servers to get my feet wet and so much has changed since then. My friends are joining me tomorrow at the release and we're all curious to know what are the metas at PvP. We used to play Gladiators and Tyrants but I've read some people say they've lost their edge. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'd hate to make a character and put time into them if they aren't gonna be able to compete.

For mass pvp's and pvp's in general go for mages and archers. 

Mages: SPH: Great damage/Silence/CDL/AOE skills; Sorc: Good damage/Cancel/Great AOE skills/ SPS: Great casting/Cancel and AOE skills.

Archers: PR (probably the best archer due to hex and fatal counter (low CON and survivability); SR: Great atk speed and run speed but smaller range; HE: an archer in between.

Also, OLs are great in mass pvps (debuffs) and WLs have great stuns and added skills for pvp in general. 

17 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

For mass pvp's and pvp's in general go for mages and archers. 

Mages: SPH: Great damage/Silence/CDL/AOE skills; Sorc: Good damage/Cancel/Great AOE skills/ SPS: Great casting/Cancel and AOE skills.

Archers: PR (probably the best archer due to hex and fatal counter (low CON and survivability); SR: Great atk speed and run speed but smaller range; HE: an archer in between.

Also, OLs are great in mass pvps (debuffs) and WLs have great stuns and added skills for pvp in general. 

I thought fatal counter wasn't in the patch notes? 

Also, Tyrants and still pretty good and with the added dagger skills they will be good in field pvp. Probably not sieges though like any melee char. 

Edited by Sweetness

Old School from what I remember was
Hawkeye the PR then SR
Spell Singer Then Necro and Spell Howler  Sorc had fighting chance with some help when he was doing Mana Flare but that didnt last long since the cost kept rising
Tyrants and all daggers pretty much held the next spots

6 hours ago, Reecy22 said:

Old School from what I remember was
Hawkeye the PR then SR
Spell Singer Then Necro and Spell Howler  Sorc had fighting chance with some help when he was doing Mana Flare but that didnt last long since the cost kept rising
Tyrants and all daggers pretty much held the next spots

nice melee listing

On 02/10/2018 at 11:31 PM, Zace said:

On 03/10/2018 at 2:06 AM, Sweetness said:

I thought fatal counter wasn't in the patch notes? 

Also, Tyrants and still pretty good and with the added dagger skills they will be good in field pvp. Probably not sieges though like any melee char. 

What dagger skills do Tyrants get? 

6 hours ago, Blitzball said:

What dagger skills do Tyrants get? 

Sorry, my sentence was poorly constructed. They were 2 different thoughts. Tyrants are still pretty good. With the dagger skills added (shadow step and hide), dagger classes will be good in open field pvp.