Theme from L2 Info Central
CSS created by Rohirrim

disconnect the afk and secondary accounts of the game
many people can not play
everybody has that problem for so many secondary accounts
I saw up to 4 accounts that a person used

6000 divide it by 4

the result all the people who can not enter

So I did a test yesterday with the drop rate vs. a VIP 3 drop rate. Come to find out that the account I have VIP 3 on does NOT have the queue, it gets logged in right off the bat. As where as my other account that I do play, has the queue. Just NCW making it a pay to play when they market it as a free to play. In my scene that's false advertising and in justest is a law suit.

Just now, Horns said:

So I did a test yesterday with the drop rate vs. a VIP 3 drop rate. Come to find out that the account I have VIP 3 on does NOT have the queue, it gets logged in right off the bat. As where as my other account that I do play, has the queue. Just NCW making it a pay to play when they market it as a free to play. In my scene that's false advertising and in justest is a law suit.

I might add that I just tested this as I have a number of spare computers. (Had my wife help me with this) Opened the launcher at the same time, logged in at the same time, got to the "Play Now" at the same time, clicked "Accept" at the same time, clicked "OK" at server select at the same time and long behold? The account with VIP 3 was in the character select screen where as the one that I normally play was in a queue of 700+, that was ladder closed for what ever BS reason they came up with. So yeah, this is a per month pay or don't play game, without the quote.

I brought the prestige pack and can't attach it to my character on Talking Island. The character doesn't show up in the Apply a Code area. I guess it's level 1 and that may be why it doesn't show up but how can I get VIP without somehow getting through the queue (which is impossible right now). I tried getting ncoins and spending 80 to get vip on another server but it didn't let me enter on Talking Island. What the crap do I do, I'm willing to spend the money for it but how do I get VIP.

Hello everyone!

I would like to point out that I got the error when creating a character on a server that had less pop. I believe that they just have a non-pay player drop after X time. All I wanted to do is play a game that is listed as free. Suppose I will have to suck it up and go to a server that isn't decimated by multiple accounts. A simple fix would be to have a non-pay to play server. In a sense a hardcore mode for the game, as everyone would be on the same exp and item gain.

I don't believe this will ever happen as well... money talks and it is all some companies can hear. I would like to say that I think that with the money they make the could easily build a few dedicated servers. I only say this because I'm a computer engineer and I know how much it costs. It would be a bit but still. They could even make a purchase section for the "Free to play server" and I think that many people would love that.

If it isn't the system being the issue or systems then it could be the game software only being able to accept "X" amount of players without exploding. I have tried many things to get the game to work. I wanted to try something old and grindy because I miss games that are difficult. Guess it is time to go back to one of the other RPGs out there. If anyone wants to say that they don't make enough money then they don't know what they are talking about. I say this because the upkeep/cost for servers is very low as all that needs to run is the server itself.

They can remote to the server if it is having issues. Even if you make each player play $1.00 per month you are still getting 5000+ just from one server. Again this is monthly costs. Yes, you have to pay employees in order to keep moderation. However, if you had employees that truly enjoyed their jobs then they would be playing the game as well; they would also be shoveling money back into the game and company.

I don't believe that this is a software or game related issue. It is something that they put into the game to discourage non-pay players to join one of the less populated servers.

I have tried a few things to get the game to work. Scanned my computer for viruses thinking that maybe one was preventing the game from running correctly. Didn't have any viruses. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Updated my drivers. I'm not going as far as to perform a clean install of Windows; because that is ridiculous and different people all have the same issue.

All in all, I just think we are all stuck playing another game or on a real free server... that is until its pop reaches over 5000! I will most likely be moving on. I have wasted enough time trying to get this antique game to work. Guess I lost that boss battle. Usually, it is character creation that gets me but there aren't many options when it comes to that.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,
Huckabeast

Archived