Сompensation 2

LastDevil

I agree with helv, although compensation is not absolutely necessary,  it would show that they value our time and are willing to compensate us as a means of good customer service. Many of us took time off work/ cancelled plans/ sat all day waiting for the servers which still are not up and have no ETA.  Although this is common with mmo releases to some degree, this game has been out for 14 years, and classic has already been out for 3 years.  So if Ncsoft wants to be considered on par or subpar to other gaming companies companies like trion that failed to bring up their fresh start servers for archeage then by all means, continue to be "appreciative for our patience." Otherwise giving a reasonable compensation, buffs, xp boost, or event item bonuses does not seem unreasonable.

1 minute ago, Shadycat said:

I agree with helv, although compensation is not absolutely necessary,  it would show that they value our time and are willing to compensate us as a means of good customer service. Many of us took time off work/ cancelled plans/ sat all day waiting for the servers which still are not up and have no ETA.  Although this is common with mmo releases to some degree, this game has been out for 14 years, and classic has already been out for 3 years.  So if Ncsoft wants to be considered on par or subpar to other gaming companies companies like trion that failed to bring up their fresh start servers for archeage then by all means, continue to be "appreciative for our patience." Otherwise giving a reasonable compensation, buffs, xp boost, or event item bonuses does not seem unreasonable.

See, I agree with Helv. However the statement that you choose to run with bugs me. "Took time off work/cancelled plans" I'm not going to feel upset for you, feel bad for you. Or anything for you, just because you decided to value the game over social, or work life. I'm not even quite sure why one calls off work, I've got children and I'm definitely not poor. But I'm still going to work in 2 1/2 hours for third shift and I'm not upset I haven't played the game yet. If NCsoft chooses to compensate then good on them, if they don't its no problem in my eyes. 

This game has been out for a while, yes. However your taking an existing MMO, stripping it of core mechanics, changing things. Do people honestly not expect there to be last minute problems? Plus there was a wide player base that WANTED PK's to drop instead of items being destroyed. So @Juji bends over and kisses someone's ass to ensure that the players get what they want. Check. He got it pushed into the game after stating that they wouldn't beable to, props to you @Juji. That also probably caused a few last minute snags.

All I'm saying is be patient, I'm ready to play and I'm passionate too. We'll all be at each others throats soon enough fighting over grind spots. Those who have yelled refund etc are still going to be here when the server pops. Go spend some time with your girlfriend/family instead of brooding over a game that's taking longer than expected to launch.

Archived