Jump to content
Hime

Known Issue: Auto Loop Macro Disabled

Recommended Posts

For everyone asking to keep auto macros off, take a look at the servers. No one is playing. Good luck making a group with no live healers or buffers. Those classes are mostly boxed.

as for the genius that suggested “fairy settlement” will be fun, you just need to delete the game. With the latest update 99 is like being level 40. No one wants to live in fairies, and playing for 1-2 hours a day, you will be in fairies for a LONG, LONG time. Please stop talking. It’s of no relevance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thetear    0
1 hour ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

The Auto Loop Macro for the Live Servers was not intended to be turned off during the maintenance on 10/3 since we had requested for the setting to be OFF for the Classic Servers only. We are waiting on a new patch now to resolve this issue. I will let you know immediately when we plan to roll out with that fix.

Thank You!
Juji

@Juji Thanks for the update! As I understand the patch is not yet ready for deployment... Any idea on a time frame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KissMyKnife    18
47 minutes ago, OneDayDelete said:

For everyone asking to keep auto macros off, take a look at the servers. No one is playing. Good luck making a group with no live healers or buffers. Those classes are mostly boxed.

as for the genius that suggested “fairy settlement” will be fun, you just need to delete the game. With the latest update 99 is like being level 40. No one wants to live in fairies, and playing for 1-2 hours a day, you will be in fairies for a LONG, LONG time. Please stop talking. It’s of no relevance.

you wrong what you see its not the reality, antibot on so no bots log it :P and was banned stop daydreaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I'm not wrong. All you have to do is read through this thread to see how many people that macro say they aren't logging in because they can't macro. I digress though, have fun making a party with no live healer or buffer to play with. It's only a matter of time before people actually quit for good if it's not fixed soon. 

Come to think of it.. I need to cancel my prestige pack while I'm thinking of it. It's a waste of $ right now O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ElMagnifico    0
33 minutes ago, OneDayDelete said:

Actually I'm not wrong. All you have to do is read through this thread to see how many people that macro say they aren't logging in because they can't macro. I digress though, have fun making a party with no live healer or buffer to play with. It's only a matter of time before people actually quit for good if it's not fixed soon. 

Come to think of it.. I need to cancel my prestige pack while I'm thinking of it. It's a waste of $ right now O.o

you speak for those who use dual box, I particularly use it for daily missions and farm experience and some money ... do not generalize ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ElMagnifico    0

48 hours to solve a small problem ... wtf guys are a great company where they have thousands of players where they should have a great staff of programmers and admins .. both have been influenced by greed .. instead of hiring competent staff. .contratan pure charlatans pls NFW, I realized that they have given more priority to a new server ... "classic" instead of giving priority to one that takes YEARS !! it shows that they are not prepared for this type of "problems" .. PEACE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

double xp event and we can not macre to balance the level of our characters against the full donors (I purchase but not as much as some) only people who play the classic servers now win ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tamlin    3

They pretty much made the SwS to need macro for the new way debuffs work. Its always gonna be a double edged sword. With it you get live "botting" and without it, you have almost no activity.

The people with many pcs and keyboard macroes will win the day now. (Obviously its coming back to live, i mean for anywhere where it wont exist because people got used to it.)

Edited by Tamlin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geezer    0
14 hours ago, OneDayDelete said:

For everyone asking to keep auto macros off, take a look at the servers. No one is playing. Good luck making a group with no live healers or buffers. Those classes are mostly boxed.

as for the genius that suggested “fairy settlement” will be fun, you just need to delete the game. With the latest update 99 is like being level 40. No one wants to live in fairies, and playing for 1-2 hours a day, you will be in fairies for a LONG, LONG time. Please stop talking. It’s of no relevance.

Well OneDay I know 1 live healer in your clan who hardly logs in anymore because when he asks for party's he gets ignored because your too interested in lvl'ing your own macro healers, so IMO keep it off and play with live people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    276

Live support >> boxes 

looping macros should be set for a max duration of 30 minutes so it can not be used for full afk mode as really otherwise just allow botting seriously-as there’s no difference.

Anyone who can’t play but the afk way is playing the wrong game period.

 

Edited by Draecke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schnyrque    1
29 minutes ago, Draecke said:

Live support >> boxes 

looping macros should be set for a max duration of 30 minutes so it can not be used for full afk mode as really otherwise just allow botting seriously-as there’s no difference.

Anyone who can’t play but the afk way is playing the wrong game period.

 

Ok, and you will play with 500-600 children. Lineage is not the game wich can attract new players, and every change in gameplay can only hold old players or motivate them to stop playing. You don't like macro - don't play. I like macro - I'll not play without macro. Most people like macro. This is a real democracy and it should be appreciated in a commercial game.

P.S. You CAN use macro, not HAVE TO. All the stories about taken spots is bullshit. If you want silent valley to be silent, play witcher.

Edited by schnyrque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geezer said:

Well OneDay I know 1 live healer in your clan who hardly logs in anymore because when he asks for party's he gets ignored because your too interested in lvl'ing your own macro healers, so IMO keep it off and play with live people.

Well Avin, you forget the fact that you live in the UK and the rest of your clan except for one Feoh lives in the US. There is a minimum of a 5 hour time difference when you ask for parties. The rest of us are at work when you're asking for parties in Whats app. It's called real life. If we're not at work, we're sleeping. Not to mention that it's no one elses responsibility to level your toon whether they be in clan or not. No one plays this game for anyone besides themselves. Don't act like you do either. If that were the case everyone would be giving out free gear to everyone else. I don't see you doing that sir.

It also goes both ways, we ask for you to come to instances and xp parties all the time yet you either ignore your clan mates or throw a pitty party for yourself about how "I can't get a party..." or "Did you guys miss me? I quit." No we didn't miss you, we didn't even know you were gone because your relevance to our game play is so insignificant. If you're not around to be a healer for us, we fill in as we need. We don't go crying about how "no one will party with me." Grow up and be a man. 

It's a shame that a "Geezer" as you call yourself acts like such a child.

Edited by OneDayDelete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    276
21 minutes ago, schnyrque said:

Ok, and you will play with 500-600 children. Lineage is not the game wich can attract new players, and every change in gameplay can only hold old players or motivate them to stop playing. You don't like macro - don't play. I like macro - I'll not play without macro. Most people like macro. This is a real democracy and it should be appreciated in a commercial game.

P.S. You CAN use macro, not HAVE TO. All the stories about taken spots is bullshit. If you want silent valley to be silent, play witcher.

Afk macro is same as botting period.

and no it doesn’t bother me that much as if I go hunt somewhere and the spot is taken I will just pk those and clear the pk & karma right after and enjoy xping old skool style ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schnyrque    1
4 minutes ago, Draecke said:

Afk macro is same as botting period.

and no it doesn’t bother me that much as if I go hunt somewhere and the spot is taken I will just pk those and clear the pk & karma right after and enjoy xping old skool style ;)

So why do you cry? Go on like this.

La2 NEVER was game with free spots. With no macro - it is right now, you can see it in clinical death. Only patch will resurrect it.

With no people all you can do is create 50 accounts and go kill antharas solo. Oh, no, you need marco for this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    276

afk macro bots have no value here. they are no active part of the community.

this game exist for 15yrs now and only recently macro looping exist so meh stop crying yourself ;)

still plenty of real players around, server stats without afk bots err macros are 1.8~2K real active players so yeah :)

nobody will miss players that only are afk so do us all a favor and quit, thx!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draecke    276

@Juji as posted before the best compromise here is to allow macro looping but for limited time period only - anyone who can’t return to their display screen within 30min shouldn’t be allowed to continue.

This will also save you a lot of drama & hassle when the captcha anti bot measure is rolled out on Live like on Classic as everyone that plays live will bot report the afk macro players nonstop as you very well know ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thetear    0
1 hour ago, Draecke said:

@Juji as posted before the best compromise here is to allow macro looping but for limited time period only - anyone who can’t return to their display screen within 30min shouldn’t be allowed to continue.

This will also save you a lot of drama & hassle when the captcha anti bot measure is rolled out on Live like on Classic as everyone that plays live will bot report the afk macro players nonstop as you very well know ;)

As I said before this is a discussion regarding a BUG. If you don't like the macro thing, go play on CLASSIC or start a pity discussion regarding a change. This is not a topic regarding suggestions, this a topic regarding a BUG in the production LIVE server.

So: Bye! Bye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schnyrque    1
1 hour ago, Draecke said:

afk macro bots have no value here. they are no active part of the community.

this game exist for 15yrs now and only recently macro looping exist so meh stop crying yourself ;)

still plenty of real players around, server stats without afk bots err macros are 1.8~2K real active players so yeah :)

nobody will miss players that only are afk so do us all a favor and quit, thx!

 

 

OMG are you kidding? Your "real players" online is 2k of traders

And max online of 4k is those traders + 2-3 macros chars of same ppl

Edited by schnyrque
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schnyrque    1
2 hours ago, OneDayDelete said:

Well Avin, you forget the fact that you live in the UK and the rest of your clan except for one Feoh lives in the US. There is a minimum of a 5 hour time difference when you ask for parties. The rest of us are at work when you're asking for parties in Whats app. It's called real life. If we're not at work, we're sleeping. Not to mention that it's no one elses responsibility to level your toon whether they be in clan or not. No one plays this game for anyone besides themselves. Don't act like you do either. If that were the case everyone would be giving out free gear to everyone else. I don't see you doing that sir.

It also goes both ways, we ask for you to come to instances and xp parties all the time yet you either ignore your clan mates or throw a pitty party for yourself about how "I can't get a party..." or "Did you guys miss me? I quit." No we didn't miss you, we didn't even know you were gone because your relevance to our game play is so insignificant. If you're not around to be a healer for us, we fill in as we need. We don't go crying about how "no one will party with me." Grow up and be a man. 

It's a shame that a "Geezer" as you call yourself acts like such a child.

Wtf you work, sleep, and when you play? I go inst and then I work sleep and my chars are leveling because game allows to do it LEGAL

You either do the same or you just lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thetear    0

@Juji @Hime Guys, do you have an update regarding this bug? It's over 21 hrs since the last reply. I can't believe that is that hard to fix a production bug. I have a hunch that the problem is with the regression testing. If that's the case, you should find a way to compensate... Also, having a time frame will help everyone to see that something is moving forward.

Also, can we have a Moderator to delete all the off-topic discussion from this topic? As we all know this is a topic regarding a bug-fixing. So... let's keep it clean...

Thank you!

Edited by thetear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yidao    135

If you had been around a bit longer you would know that Monday is file-sending day. Then Neutron must check whether re-enabling looped macros does not bring the Hourly Shot Bug back, and then the patch will be applied on Wednesday, unless Nam Taek-rim finds that macro-botters were generating too much adena or, after having studied the situation on Classic, has come to the conclusion that Lineage 2 is a better place without looped macros :D

Juji has submitted a ticket and things are taking their course. Asking every few hours when it will be Christmas does not accelerate the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yidao    135
3 hours ago, schnyrque said:

... If you want silent valley to be silent, play witcher.

If you want to play with yourself, go play witcher :P

Seriously though, I have just been to Silent Valley and it is quite lively again, with changing teams, so obviously not "kids sitting in front of their computer all day long" but normal people who do their daily quests and then move on, the way this game is supposed to be played. While the losers are complaining on the forum, the smart crowd has already adapted to the changed situation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hace 2 horas, Draecke dijo:

@Juji,  como se publica antes, el mejor compromiso aquí es permitir el ciclo macro, pero solo por un período de tiempo limitado: no se debe permitir que cualquier persona que no pueda volver a su pantalla de visualización en 30 minutos continúe.

Esto también se ahorrará mucho drama y molestia cuando la medida se ejecute en vivo como en clásico, y que todos los que jueguen en vivo informen a los macro jugadores de AFK sin parar, como bien sabes. ;)

then also limit the characters in store mode, because it generates enough lag and not to mention that where you walk you target someone, the automatic macro is already part of the game that demands face time which real life people are not possible spend it like a kid, if you do not have responsibilities do not ask for something that is only fair for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×