Known Issue: Auto Loop Macro Disabled

Hime

2 hours ago, Nunya said:

@Hime This "update" does not tell us they plan on continuing this loop functionality?

It is obvious they want to restore it, they called it an 'issue' and not 'working as designed' This topic was never about whether people want this feature or not, it is a part of the live server's design. It would be nice to know the ETA tho.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Helv said:

... it is a part of the live server's design.

It is a part of the live server's design in the Asian territories, where NCsoft makes one dollar for every hour a character spends in a non-peace-zone, no matter whether manually controlled or automated. Those 5000 items quests while at the same time offering the option for afk hunting are simply a way to maximize revenue at minimum development cost:
http://lineage2nshop.plaync.com/lineage2/goods/list?dci=51

Follow the money :D

2 hours ago, Toooldforthis said:

if you dont like it dont use it .Its so simple

The problem is that macro-botters take up space in hunting grounds that were not designed for so many characters (Isle of Souls, Nornil's Cave etc.), thus causing unhappiness and disharmony.

Even worse is that, through the auto-pick-up mechanics, macro-botters incessantly generate adena, thus fueling inflation. You can't on the one hand complain about high prices and at the same time advocate afk-hunting.

6 minutes ago, Yidao said:

The problem is that macro-botters take up space in hunting grounds that were not designed for so many characters (Isle of Souls, Nornil's Cave etc.), thus causing unhappiness and disharmony.

Even worse is that, through the auto-pick-up mechanics, macro-botters incessantly generate adena, thus fueling inflation. You can't on the one hand complain about high prices and at the same time advocate afk-hunting.

Surely it is a child writing, not everyone has the time to be all day in front of a computer. some of us have responsibilities, work, etc.  
Also the only way to acquire armors and weapons is by this means, unless you are a child of daddy and make donations.

20 hours ago, Oeste said:

... In any case, the servers need to be as player friendly as possible or silent valley will be forever silent once the power cord gets unplugged.  

Better to die an honest death than to live a miserable life artificially protracted by inflated player numbers :)

That being said, I am not so sure whether disabling looped macros will lead to the plug getting pulled on Lineage 2. When I was in Silent Valley again today, there were quite a few players there, obviously not bots but real persons. The current "bug" (if it was not an intended change) might be a godsend, reviving field hunting.

As far as the financial situation is concerned, I have a hunch that the majority of macro-botters don't use any Runes or other boosts from the L2Store - they certainly don't use Shots. This hypothesis could be verified by keeping looped macros disabled for a certain monitoring period - let's say until the end of December, to coincide with the Korean fiscal year - while observing the development of the revenue from the Live L2Store. Then a decision can be made based on hard data.

12 minutes ago, TecnoVikingo said:

Surely it is a child writing, not everyone has the time to be all day in front of a computer. some of us have responsibilities, work, etc.  
Also the only way to acquire armors and weapons is by this means, unless you are a child of daddy and make donations.

Young man, at my age parents tend to be dead ;)

Why does everybody assume that somebody who does not use macros is sitting in front of his computer all day long? You simply play for an hour and then log out. There is no technical reason which compels you to complete a quest within one day. It's all in your head.

Why does everybody feel the need to acquire and armors and weapons? The lvl 76 Class Change Quest provides you with Dynasty equipment which will carry you all the way to 99. And beyond that you can't do anything without making "donations" anyway. So what you do is, simply don't level up. When the macro-botters are gone, there is plenty of fun to be had in the Fairy Settlement.

20 minutes ago, Yidao said:

He didn't say anything about high prices, this discussion is about a BUG on the Live server. If you know how to do it, you can take very easy the spot of an AFK without PK-ing him.

You don't like the macro, don't use it... It's plain and easy... Nobody forces you...

I came back to L2 because of the macro loop. I don't have so much time to grind and the macro loop enables me to play while on another display I'm working...

On the other side, you don't want macro loops, go to Classic... I understood it won't be implemented there... yet...

Bye! Bye!

39 minutes ago, Yidao said:

Better to die an honest death than to live a miserable life artificially protracted by inflated player numbers :)

That being said, I am not so sure whether disabling looped macros will lead to the plug getting pulled on Lineage 2. When I was in Silent Valley again today, there were quite a few players there, obviously not bots but real persons. The current "bug" (if it was not an intended change) might be a godsend, reviving field hunting.

As far as the financial situation is concerned, I have a hunch that the majority of macro-botters don't use any Runes or other boosts from the L2Store - they certainly don't use Shots. This hypothesis could be verified by keeping looped macros disabled for a certain monitoring period - let's say until the end of December, to coincide with the Korean fiscal year - while observing the development of the revenue from the Live L2Store. Then a decision can be made based on hard data.

ok, at least me, i dont use macro for afk 24/7  the electricity bills come spensive, I use macros and friends to make instances that generate adena  balos octavis tauti like 2 and 2 times every one, so without macro loop is imposible, The money invested in the instance does not return. with 7 active people in party, so if lets say new antibot working, loop disable them return drops nerfed in lindvior, NO! that is for sure, them return loop macro, i dont had 10 y to stay sit all day. every one found fun to his mode.

On 04.10.2018 at 4:01 AM, Hime said:

Hello,

Thank you for your reports. We have confirmed auto loop macro is currently not available on Live. We will be following up on this.

Many hours left! we got breaking !!!

Hime! please! Help Us !!!

13 hours ago, Hime said:

We are still looking into this. Once we have an update, we will post here. Thank you.

@Hime It's over 13 hrs since the last update... And that wasn't a real update with a proper ETA... There are over 36 hrs since the bug was reported and nothing changed... The weekend is coming and a lot of people are waiting for this to be fixed...

• L2 Team

Hello All,

The Auto Loop Macro for the Live Servers was not intended to be turned off during the maintenance on 10/3 since we had requested for the setting to be OFF for the Classic Servers only. We are waiting on a new patch now to resolve this issue. I will let you know immediately when we plan to roll out with that fix.

Thank You!
Juji

16 minutes ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

The Auto Loop Macro for the Live Servers was not intended to be turned off during the maintenance on 10/3 since we had requested for the setting to be OFF for the Classic Servers only. We are waiting on a new patch now to resolve this issue. I will let you know immediately when we plan to roll out with that fix.

Thank You!
Juji

ty so much!!

1 hour ago, commando said:

ban the loop for killing but keep it for buffs and shouts

I think you have it backwards. It should be banned for shouts. Impossible to tell if someone is afk shouting or not.

Absolutely keep for killing and buffs.

Also Yidao you are absolutely wrong about high level macro users buying nccoin and especially prestige packs. If you were referring to low level macro parties, then yes you are absolutely correct that they probably don't spend money on "those" characters.

Archived